GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,384
3 members and 2,381 guests
oncegreek, Pinkmagnolia921, Xidelt
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2000, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink How Come?

Since we have fun in here with our little jokes I wanted to start a little "How Come" thread to make you all laugh. Well let me start it off.

How come when you invite people over, they eat all the food but only contributed to bringing Kool-aid? Isn't that like 5 for a dollar?

How come people who contributed the least always take plates of food home?

How come when the paper plates run out they say, "girl let me use your regular plates, we ran out of paper plates. I'll wash it and bring it back." It's a shame, I haven't seen those plated since.....

How come after all the greedy folks leave, you have nothing left but potato salad,napkins and that one paper cup that has been on the floor 25 times but no one bothers to throw it away?

How come when you close parts of the house off from company, someone always makes their way to your room talkin about, "Girl you got some cute clothes, let me wear this one day and why do you have your door closed?"

How come you realize you haven't seen your bad cousins in a while so you go check on them and they are in the other room that's closed off talking about "how you work this computer?"

How come... if relatives bring food over they eat yours because they don't want what they brought?

How come some of my relatives can't cook so we have to do a food check: Ok who made the macaroni, who made the spaghetti, who made these baked beans?

How come...if the food taste bad you always tell somebody..ugh this is nasty...taste it. If I don't want it what makes me think they want to taste it.

How come..you invite your country relatives over and they constantly ask you, "how much you pay for this, where did you get this from, when you go back to that place would you get me one and I'll pay you back?"

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-24-2000, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

OOOh! My turn!
How come people point to their wrist while asking for the time? I know where my watch is buddy, where the hell is yours?!?

How come people are willing to get off their ass to search the ENTIRE room for the t.v. remote because they REFUSE to walk to the t.v. and change the channel manually?

How come people ask to BORROW a piece of paper? Sure, take the paper but PLEASE, don't return the favor. It's a god damn piece of paper.

How come people say, " It's always in the last place you look". Why the hell would you keep looking for it after you've found it?? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

How come people say, "Oh, you just want your cake and eat it too". What good is a dam cake if you can't eat it?? What, should I eat someone else's cake instead?
Old 07-24-2000, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

OOOOOOH! How come people come to your house and walk on your freshly cleaned carpet even though they see the sign on the door that says take your shoes of?

Speaking of signs on the door...... How come no matter how big that Black and Bright Orange sign that says NO SMOKING, door is people still ask me can they smoke in my house?

How come when people see the sign on the front door that says please use the back door, they ring the front door bell anyway?

How come when some people come to your house they have the nerve to go and look through your refrigarator?

How come people ask you can they eat or drink certain things after they are already halfway done with them?

How come people ask to drive your car and then bring it back home to you without any gas?

How come people come over your house with their bad ass kids and let them tear up your stuff and then get upset when you say something to them?

How come when you go to the movies and you stand in a very long line people come up to you and ask you to buy their ticket for them so they will not have to stand in line?

I mean geez some people are a trip
Old 07-24-2000, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

How come their should be an age cap on elderly drivers?

How come elderly people drive in the fast lane with their blinkers on, going 25 in a 70, but never move out of the way or look around at the traffic speeding past them?

How come Big Brother is extremely boring since Will left?

How come Will kinda fine to me?

How come when a person in the grocery line looks at what your buying they ask.."is that good?" Why would I buy it if it wasn't?

How come a guy told me that I was "Brutiful," yes ladies that's beautiful for the ebonically challenged.

How come young boys ride around in cars with DMX cursing loud as possible with a I Love Jesus license plate on the car. Mother's car maybe?

How come there was a man begging for change in front of a beauty supply store and he asked me for a dollar and my number? What are we gonna do, beg as a couple? I'm not into broke ghetto love.

How come I was walking in a building. I saw a guy and held the door so it wouldn't shut in his face. How come he tried to walk on through with me holding the door? How come I let the door close on him?
Old 07-25-2000, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Prettygyrl, Dang girl! You sound like you have a lot of signs outside your house!....HOW COME...people have signs outside of their house? Just kidding! But I am feeling you about them bad ass kids coming to your house and acting the fool!
Old 07-25-2000, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Total Elegance:

How come I was walking in a building. I saw a guy and held the door so it wouldn't shut in his face. How come he tried to walk on through with me holding the door? How come I let the door close on him?

TotalElegance:

LOL, this is so true. Whenever it happens to me and I'm trying to be polite, I wonder.....whatever happened to chivalry??? I can't believe he acted like YOU were supposed to hold the door FOR HIM. Well, yes I can......but I hope he learned his lesson!

Take Care,
Cookee
Old 07-26-2000, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
How come you guys are so funny!!!
Old 07-26-2000, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

LOL!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2000, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

How come ...in this day and age...do we have grown ass men with cable tv, their own phone line and a car ... buying just enough food for themselves, putting this food in plastic bags with their names on it, talking nuff sh*t STILL LIVING IN A ROOM/BASEMENT of their mama's house?!?
Old 07-26-2000, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

How come when I go into a WalMart/Target/grocery store to pick up a few items...there is always someone in the "10 items or less lane" in front of me... with atleast 20 items???!!!

How come the cashier rings them up anyway?

How come my husband can walk right past the kitchen and come into the bedroom to tell me he is hungry???!!!

How come I get up and make my boo something to eat?

Ok....back to work
Old 07-26-2000, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, Okay, I have one......

How come the check out lines are always filled with people at Wal-Mart when I check out, but when I walk in to shop they are ALWAYS empty? I think, man, I am going to actually get out of here without standing in a line for an hour. NOT!
Old 07-26-2000, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

How come you go to the Post Office and there are 30 cars parked out front, but once you get in...there is no one inside?

How come you go to the club for happy hour and there are cars parked way,way..WAY down the street, then you get inside and only like 10 people inside...can we say SECRET RENDEZVOUS?

How come people turn in front of you, just so that you can reduce your speed, then they turn off at the next corner...THAT URKS MY NERVES!!!!

How come someone will call you at 2a.m and the first thing they ask you is...."Were you asleep?
Old 07-26-2000, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

I have another one...

How come when you go to the drive through at the bank ON A FRIDAY, and you have your transaction ready, the person in front of you throughout this LONG WAIT, gets their turn and DOES NOT HAVE A PEN to complete their transaction?

You mean to tell me you did not think to ask ALL these people WAITING around you for something to write with! That BURNS me up, too!
Old 07-26-2000, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

How come ...in the New York City Subway system the best indication that a train is pulling into the station is when the rats that live in the tracks start hauling ass to safety...
Old 07-26-2000, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

How come when you go to the bank on Friday and you finally get to the front of the line, there is always a problem customer directly in front of you?

How come they come to withdraw money but the teller tells them um sir, no can do?

How come they act like they didn't know they had $25.00 left in the account and trying to withdraw 250.00.

How come they get all loud talking bout "I need to see a printout."

How come he was just embarassed because all eyes was on him?

How come he had to just leave?

How come no matter what time of day, Walmart is always crowded?

How come I hate when people have a basket full of groceries and they forgot to get 20 more items, so they leave their shopping cart and start shopping again.

How come the cashier starts ringing up their items and she finally finishes and she's looking for someone to pay?

How come she left an 8 year old standing there and he had not a clue what to do?

How come she didn't want to lose her place in the line so she left her child there?

How come the mother finally reappears with her 20 items and look at the long line like "so what I held up the line, get in another one!"

How come I don't like when people have a cart full of groceries and then try to invite their other relatives to get in line with them...with separate shopping carts. How come I'm like awww heck naw you skipping me?

How come if they are ghetto I let them on by cause I can't fight and I didn't feel like getting beat up that day lol?

How come clubs make you wait in a line outside but when you finally get in you're looking for the people?

How come I'm like um security, you are not breaking any fire codes trust me. Bring some more people in here please.
Closed Thread