GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 313,478
Threads: 115,371
Welcome to our newest member, sralbin34
» Online Users: 401
2 members and 399 guests
bagslvndhand, FSUZeta

Old 04-19-2005, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SDTSarah
Not my letters, but I saw a Theta Phi Alpha sticker on a car parked at Emory today! The car was from Clarke county (close to UGA), but there's never been a chapter there, or in Georgia, I believe. I was very excited!

It was so cute, too...I love penguins!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

My husband & I were in Key West last summer and he was wearing his Pi Kappa Phi flip flops (he had to wear them because I bought them for him!) A fellow 'brother' came up to us and introduced himself---kinda cool!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Tonight in class the girl next to me was wearing a sweatshirt with Sigma Nu block letters - I *assume* they're her husband's, who's also in the class with us.

*Makes note to see where they did their undergrad work...
Old 04-22-2005, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

on a wine bottle!

I just found my letters (Sigma Kappa) on a wine bottle this morning! My roomate came home with a case of wine bottles for the house and one was called "Screwa Kappa Nappa" and it looked intruiging so I picked up the bottle and on the top it has our letters... Sigma Kappa & Nu... SKN <-- with a real Sigma

I thought it was so cool! I took a picture

Anyways, I just thought I'd share. =)
Old 04-23-2005, 09:46 AM

Yesterday afternoon, I saw someone in Sigma Chi letters in my local liquor store.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
While at Easton with the boy, I saw a LXA, and a Tri Delt and an AKA.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

So not really my letters, but I saw someone with a Kappa Delta sticker on her car today... also a Bama sticker...

And, this isn't really my letters, but...

I went to a place called Mimi's Cafe today... the decor has kind of a New Orleans feel and there was fleur de lis EVERYWHERE! On signs, etched in glass, carved into the back of the chairs, on the ends of the curtain rods, bookends... it was a Kappa's dream. Keeping my eye out for new examples of fleur de lis kept me occupied until my food came!
Old 04-25-2005, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw an Alpha Xi Delta Sticker up on campus this weekend, but WSU doesn't have an AZD chapter and is 70 miles from anywhere. I guess she must have been down for the track meet or something!
Old 04-26-2005, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AznSAE
Quote:
Originally posted by aephi alum
Yesterday afternoon, I saw someone in Sigma Chi letters in my local liquor store.
i see that we have a frequent liquor store visitor

today i was going through the morning newspapers and came across the obituary section. there were lots of greeks listed, mainly sororities. i saw delta gamma, pi beta phi, sigma alpha iota (music), phi zeta kappa (might be local), and kappa kappa alpha (might be local too). there might have been more.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I opened up the newspaper this morning to a picture of the Special Olympics, and there were two AXOs in the middle of the picture from Lynchburg College sporting letters
Old 04-26-2005, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw my lettets on the show Undergrads. I also heard there is a book with the letters of my sorority in the chapter. Lets just put it this way...this book is not for kids.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

havent posted in forever!

while studying for management, there's a picture of a group of Delta Sigma Theta, Inc. members in a breast cancer survivor walk. the book used DST as an example of "why people join groups and teams"
here's the caption under the photo:

"people join groups for a variety of reasons. these women actually relfect two different reasons--first, they individually joined Delta Sigma Theta sorority for a variety of reasons, including interpersonal attraction, group activities, need satisfaction, and other reasons. Second, they then joined a larger group walking in support of breast cancer survivor because they support its goal."

2 things the book doesnt mention: 1. DST is incorporated. 2. the description fails to mention the service aspect, which is definitely a notable "other reason."

just throwin my 2 cents.

in other letter sightings, saw a guy wearing a DTD hoodie on campus--i didnt even know they were on our campus. last week a Phi Mu was at relay for life (they arent on our campus). and i think a Gamma Phi Beta lady was in our lobby this past weekend.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I was watching Making the Band 3 tonight (guilty pleasure!) and one of the girls was wearing a sports bra with Alpha Chi Omega's letters on it... I think that's an interesting article of clothing to put letters on, but okay... LOL
Old 04-28-2005, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
Yesterday, I was traveling thru Rhea County ( north of Chattanooga ) heading to Pigeon Forge. When I stopped for a Coke and some snacks, I met a Phi Delta Theta pledge from UT Chattanooga. Of course I was wearing a Lambda Chi shirt.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
Today after leaving the theater where I work, I saw a Gamma Sigma Sigma license plate cover with University of Tennessee at Knoxville sticker. Is this local sorority? Could not find any info about it on the Greek Info pages.