GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,872
1 members and 1,871 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

HELP! fundraising ideas for a commuter school

So I go to a commuter school and we haven't been able to put together great fundraising ideas besides the traditional bake sales, candy sales, and such. Since everyone commutes, we have no house which means no yard sales and no dorm fundraising activities. What others ideas do you all have? I would love any and all ideas!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-23-2009, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

The school I attend now does raffles for gift baskets. They put out around 7 or so and charge a dollar a ticket. The orgs sit out during lunchtime in the caf so they get more traffic.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

what type of baskets? how much do you usually put into a basket? and around what is the profit?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

any other ideas anyone?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

A fundraiser that my chapter just did was a football squares pool for the Super Bowl, with a template set up like this one...

http://www.numberstemplates.com/2007...pool-template/

If you don't know how this works, you would win based on the 2nd digit of each team's score at the end of each quarter. Using the example template, if your name was in the first square, you would win if, let's say, after the 1st quarter, Alabama had scored 13 points and Auburn had scored 22. Or if Alabama had scored 3 points and Auburn scored 12. The girls sold each square for $5 and the prizes were gas cards equaling $10 after the 1st quarter, $20 after the 2nd, $30 after the 3rd, and $40 after the 4th. The sqaures were really easy to sell, especially being in PA with the Steelers in the game.

But you could do something like this for any sport. And March Madness is right around the corner. That's an option. Or raffle off some kind of sports item from a professional team in the area. Jerseys are always a good idea. People will gladly put up a few bucks if they think they might win a jersey worth $50+

@~/~~~~
Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I go to a commuter school too. Car washes can bring in a decent amount of money, due to everyone having a car. At the same time, you can't predict weather.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm at the same school as Balto and my fraternity works beer stands and ice cream stands at Ford Field.

Our school is also very heavily commuter based.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:31 AM
GreekChat Member

But Pshsx1-- that only works if you have a dedicated team, and a near by sports facility. I know another DphiE chapter that does concessions at Comerica Park for the Detroit Tigers. And another fraternity that does 2 weekends doing concessions at Michigan International Speed way. Each of those groups makes $3,000-4,000!

The thing with those is that that are a time commitment, and baseball and nascar are primarially summer events. If you're brothers/sisters are commuters, they live near the school, but how far away are the sports arenas? Also, the first year you do this, the company usually gives you a pretty crappy spot, cause you're low man on the totam pole. But after a few good seasons, you start rolling in the $3000-$4000 amounts.

It's very possible.... is it a lot of work, YES! that's why we don't do it, haha
Old 03-20-2009, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, we do MIS and Ford Field... heh..

But yes, it's a ton of work and we're back at the bottom of the Ford Field totem poll again b/c of an incident which caused us to lose our AWESOME spots. So we've taken a substantial loss.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

do a auction lol i usually get sod from anywhere between 50 to 70 bucks and that just one person get like 20 people and it starts adding up fast and its easy to do
Old 04-16-2009, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

One we just did that was fairly successful was a mobile bake sale. Basically, you bake up some goodies, put them in a basket, and you and your sisters take them around campus to your classes and sell your baked goods. It worked fairly well for us- we sold out, if I remember...

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 04-16-2009, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

oh your lucky we cant do bake sales at our school

they heard a rumor that people mix drugs into them so now if we do them we have to buy the food from the school(expensive as hell) and then sell it on school grounds
Old 04-16-2009, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's something cool we just did: We recently held a poker tournament. Apparently we do this every year and it brings in a fair amount of money for our Balanced Man Scholarship that we give to incoming freshmen.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi,

OK so I was looking around and I found this webpage which seems to be a good funraising idea. the webpage is www.typobounty.com , you should take a look at it, maybe it will help you generate some funds.

Good luck!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Try selling coupon books it works sometimes