GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,183
0 members and 1,183 guests
No Members online

Old 11-07-2008, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Alumnae gear?

As I'm slowly approaching my (gasp) 29th birthday, I'm looking for classy and understated ways of showing my Theta love on a day-to-day basis. I have plenty of cute "home" stuff but those cartoon kites just don't quite go with professional wear!

So, alumnae sisters, what gear/accessories (other than our lovely badge, which I don't usually feel properly dressed to wear) do you find best-suited to showing your "grown-up" Theta spirit?
Old 11-08-2008, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I have Kappa Alpha Theta license plate frames on my car. :-)

I also have a lovely Art Deco-era bar pin I scored on eBay several years ago that I wear occasionally (when I remember it). It's very subtly Theta. I know a friend (and we're both closer to 40 than to 30) who wears a Theta lavaliere almost all the time.

Looking forward to others' thoughts.

Last edited by Janerz222; 11-08-2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: I can't type b4 caffeine. . .
Old 11-12-2008, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

So I think I am probably the nuttiest one of the group when it comes to the theta stuff I own....

on a day-to-day basis I have a few go-to pieces:
1) a silver intaglio (seal) ring with the coat-of arms It was probably 65 years old when I got it, and it's very subtle.. if you aren't familiar w/the coat-of-arms you'd think it was a family crest ring. If I wear gold I have a gold ring w/a coat of arms mounted on a red stone.
2) a hammered silver bracelet w/the greek letters.. again, vintage, but not so subtle
3) a (discontinued) alternating kite & pansy bracelet from James Avery (a southern jeweler). the tails of the kites curl around into a theta shape. James Avery used to make these as custom orders but they stopped their custom program. We could try to get a group order together, and perhaps they would consider making 'em again...

There's others, but these are the ones I have out on the dresser top and don't bother putting away...