GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Pi > Pi Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,179
2 members and 1,177 guests
No Members online

Old 02-05-2007, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AstroBJJ
IU Getting Chartered

Hey everybody I know its been awhile since a post however it's been hectic here. Nationals Came to Bloomington Indiana on Saturday February 3rd for the chartering inspection. The inspection went well and looks like we are being chartered. The Delta Zi chapter of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity is back at IU! It's been 2 long years but it is going to be worth it. Just letting you guys know so get excited and lets see some posts...

Mike
Old 02-05-2007, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

That's wonderful news! I'm so glad we've back at a great Greek system like Indiana.
What are your numbers? What about housing? What are the new chapter's strengths? Give us details.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AstroBJJ
Huge

You are right, it feels good to be a part of a huge greek system like Indiana. There are 27 Fraternities, 4 colonies(including Pikes) and 19 sororities on campus.

The average chapter size is 84 with our main competitor being Beta Theta Pi. They were rechartered within the past 2 years and currently have 72 men. We have 71 and by the chartering banquet in early march should have more. We excel in brotherhood and leadership and academics. Athletics are coming along nicely. Instead of focusing having a bunch of temas in every sport we decided to consolidate brothers onto 1 team for every sport so we have a better chance. We have also competed in the little 500 for the past 2 years. When we were colonized by Ben Zitek and Oren Falkowitz they really wanted a little 500 team. I thought it was impossible becuase teams train all year round and we would only have a few months. Some brothers stepped up and we have qualified and competed the past two years thanks to the brothers who stepped up and our coach. Our hardest goals in the future to meet will be in fundraising however with newly elected chairmen many actions have been taken to improve this.

As far as housing goes that's another story. Currently there are 4 live out houses. There are 6 fraternities on campus with out houses. Indiana University currently owns 4 abandoned fraternity houses including the old pike house. Last year they destroyed the old kappa sigma house becuase after being abandoned for 10 years it was deemed unlivealbe. this is pretty much what they are going to do with the other houses as well. This means the only option leaves us to build a new house. I believe there is still money left in the housing corporation from before however i think it will take some time to develop and save money before anything can be done.

I've been in the old Pike house here it was pretty interesting. "Pikes" is tiled into the floor at the entrance, the crest is painted over the fireplace as well as other stuff around such as a complete tiki hut. It would be nice if the university would let us explore the house and see what else we can find.

We look forward to being chartered and becoming the next Smythe Awards winners!

Mike