GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,613
2 members and 1,611 guests
Cookiez17, Sen's Revenge

Old 07-31-2003, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow. That is a lot of info for $30.

I might need to check that out.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamDiva Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaGamDiva
i highly recommend it.....lol, but of course to get my life now in order, i have to pay $50 for a chart reading, and $50 for her to go into meditation for a past life regression....ah well.....knowing me, i'll save up and do it.

My Facebook
Old 08-01-2003, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Most people from the Mainland brush off Hawaiian superstitions, but I have never been to a more haunted place than Hawaii. The Univ. of Hawaii has a lot of ghost stories, mostly of ghosts sitting on your chest, a couple of hanging ghosts (we think it's students who committed suicide), and the ghosts at Campus Center. I know of two occurrences, one mine and one a friend's.

I worked for Campus Center's catering and we were cleaning up one night after an event in the ballroom. There's always weird noises in there, but one night it scared me to death. Another coworker and I were on the other side of the ballroom from the door to the back (our exit) when the lights, all 6 switches , turned off. Those lights were on the wall by the door, but nowhere accessible for a quick prank. Then we heard what sounded like something dragging across the floor toward us. Adam and I took off running toward the door (which luckily had a window into the back kitchen. Luckily it was a small amount of stuff and needless to say we left it for the morning crew.

The second time, a couple of people were studying in one of the meeting rooms off the dining room at campus center. It was during finals week, Marriott let the catering crew study all night. This couple decided to get some sleep at 3am by putting the chairs together (they had padded vinyl covers) to make a makeshift bed. Around 4am they both woke up to noises coming from the dark room. The dining room chairs were lined up against the walls around the room, and someone/something was walking on the top of them circling the room. They listened for awhile, pretty much too scared to move, and then it stopped. I think Sean jumped up after a few minutes and turned the light on, but nothing was there.

I've been told that if you hear someone/something say your name, don't answer.

I had night terrors as a child, I heard things in my room, two red dots of light shone on my wall from no possible source, and shadows played against my wall that weren't quite...right. I slept with the light on.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
I also "feel" things around me--- I always have, since I was a little kid. No one in my family believed me, that was until a couple years ago.

When I was in high school my grandparents moved to the lake to retire. The house was brand new, so nothing weird there. Our family would go down for the weekends and I could never sleep. I would have to leave the lights on -- if I turned them off I would see a woman sitting at the end of my bed watching me. I would lay there paniced, too scared to move until she was gone. I would turn the lights on and go back to sleep.
Always in the next morning I would mention what happened the night before. I became a family joke. Finally my uncle said that he knew I was having nightmares because I would wake him every night-screaming in my sleep. I never remembered screaming--just the woman sitting there.
This went on for a few years. I would describe the lady--her clothes, her shoes, etc. I got to the point that I could feel this woman whenever the lights were off-- I physically couldn't walk into the room unless the light was on. One night I was able to sleep in the room, in the dark. I realized an old antique rocking chair was not in the room anymore-- but now I couldn't walk thru the family room in the dark. I said something about the chair not being in the room and the woman was not there that night. Finally my family stopping laughing and listened. I described the woman again. My grandma became a woman on a mission--- she dug all morning-- and finally brought out a picture of a woman. It was the woman I was seeing everynight.
It was my great, great grandmother. The rocking chair was hers.

Now my family listens to me, and never second guesses my "feelings"

-wendi
Old 08-01-2003, 02:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamDiva Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaGamDiva
thanks, guys, for lovely dreams tonite....whoa....

the whole sitting on the chest thing....a personal fave of mine....my ex was all kinds of into folklore and whatever else....his old house was haunted. they called him "hoffa"....would wake up and all the cabinets would be open, the drawers would be open, shit like that. me and my old roomie, however, were both "touched"....she was layin on the floor in the living room asleep, and then woke up and was like, "grant! wuit touching my face!" and everyone just looked at her. weird. i went out to my car to get my purse and go home for a second...when i came back onto the porch, i felt an hand grab my arm and i FLIPPED the f%$k out! i ran into the house into my b/f's room and he just looked at me....i was like, "freakin hoffa TOUCHED ME on the porch!" he just looked at me still and was like, "who let you in the door?" and i was like, "it was unlocked, why?" he was like, "i so locked the door when you left....." yeah, i almost cried. like, hoffa was a cool ghost....never did anything bad other than molest me and my friend, but ya know. freaky. we could always hear him walking around in the attic and shit, and his 2 other roommates had both seen him....in 20s gangster gear. he turned my dome light in my car one night....me and the b/f had been talkin in his room, and when i looked out his window i noticed my inside light was on. never is that ever on....so i made him go out and unlock my car and turn it off. freaky old house.....i miss it, but then again i don't.

My Facebook
Old 08-10-2003, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I was assigned my new place and given keys on Friday. The building I am moving into is one of the oldest on campus, and is built in a Gothic sytle. It is brick and ivy covered, and has very beautiful windows with the original hardware. A portion of the building is TINY studio apartments, and the rest has offices including the alumni association, the aboretum, the school of home economics historical clothing and costumes, and printing services. There is no elevator and it is over 80 stairs from the entrance to my floor. I live on the third floor but there is a sub basement, and two other floors before you get to the floor labeled 1. Some of the studios had been offices, so there are office type doors with the frosted glass painted over as bedroom doors. Because they are still somewhat see through, at night we turn off the hallway lights and leave the alcove lights on so those of us with window doors can sleep. Over part of my floor, there is an attic. You can see the huge windows from the street, and students can use it for storage of their boxes, as well as the locker closets in the hallway. The attic is thankfully NOT above my room.

The summer sessions are just ending, and at this point there are no more than five women total living on my floor. One is far on the opposite end near the main staircase, there are two in the western wing on the other side of the west staircase, and one girl and me in the center section. There are very heavy loud doors that cut off our hallways from the staircases you have to pass through to enter into the hallways. Very squeaky and you can hear the first one open and close then the second one open and close when someone heads into my hallway. The bathrooms are set up that there are sinks and toilets in one room, and all the showers are in others. One bathroom is next to my room (one of the stalls has a small window IN IT ), and a shower room is across the hall. There is also another bathroom that looks out the front in the direction of Farm House. Our kitchen is directly across from the front bathroom that faces Farm House. Our computer lab is in the western wing as well.

I was in the hallway and heard water running/dripping, so I went in the bathroom and turned the sink off. Everything is old and the toilets and sinks are highly tempermental. I saw the girl at the far end of the hall on Friday, and she said she was going out of town. The other three women are in the western wing, two in the computer lab and one is watching tv in her room. I am still going in and out bringing my things up from the basement. It is still very hot and as there is no AC, so my bedroom door is open. I'm unpacking and organizing and a bottle of perfume leaked and I got it all over my hand. I am now reeking and head down the hall to wash my hands. I go to the bathroom and the SAME SINK is running just as before. None of the girls had gone by and even if they had that is the furthest bathroom from them.

I already felt that there are "presences" in that building. It is old and many, many people have lived in it and some likely left some sort of energy there. Needless to say I felt really freaked out being there alone and I left once I finished with that box. I didn't sleep there last night and hopefully once I have all of my things there it will be okay. The window in the door is scary as hell, and I have to cover it because if I see anything lurking outside looking in, I will lose it.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Sun has been up for an hour or so, decided to come back over here with my bedding and the computer. Walked by the bathroom on my way in, no problem. I just went to get some water, and it was running again. Before it was just the left side that was turned, this time it was the left and right. I pressed down on those handles with all my might to turn it off. My door is open and no one has gone by. I am calling housing Monday to tell them they have a leaky faucet and to please come fix it.

I am so happy church is in a couple of hours. And I PROMISE that I will have my mother send my digital camera, the shower room is 15 kinds of creepy.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
I've had a few experiences.

The first happened during my senior year of high school. Two of my friends and I were staying the night at my grandma's house. My grandma no longer lives there, so it was just us. I've always been creeped out by that place. It's probably about 120 years old now, and my dad once told me a story about how back "in the day" a man was hung on our property as punishment for stealing. Anyway, one of my friends had gone off somewhere to sleep leaving my other friend and I in the dark talking. Suddenly, we saw this weird light in the window. It was bright enough to shine light on us. I'd saw the diameter of the circle was about 8in or so. We all started screaming. No wonder because we were freaked out that someone was trying to break into the place. The house is way out in the country with no working phone! My other friend here the commotion and came in to see what was going on. She starting yelling at us for being noisy. We tried to tell her about the light, but she couldn't see it! Now that was freaky. We could still see the light for a few minutes. Even after my disbelieving friend went outside to check she still couldn't see the light.

Not too long after that I saw a ghost in my house, which is maybe 1/4 mile away from my grandma's. I was in my bathroom washing my face when I saw a women in white walking down the hallway towards the kitchen. At first I thought it was Mom because she usually wear a long, white nightgown. I went to the kitchen to see if she was there, and of course she wasn't. I then checked her bedroom, and she was there sound asleep. Well, I was telling my bf about this awhile ago, and he told me that he saw her too! While visiting he usually sleeps in our side room which is adjoined to the same hallway. He had awoken during the night and couldn't sleep. Suddenly, he saw a woman in white walking down the hallway and she stopped in the foyer in front of where he slept. She stood there for awhile staring at him. He thought it was Mom so he started calling out to her. She didn't answer. After awhile she just disappeared.

Now I'm freaked out about sleeping in my house. My parents built my house in the late 70's so no one died in the house. However, I did find out that our land was built on old Indian grounds. Plus, a house burned down not too far away from us. I wish I knew who she was!!
Old 08-11-2003, 07:11 AM
GreekChat Member

When I went to the info desk to turn in a work order I had a chat with the guy there. He is from Alaska and is pretty cool so I told him all about the sink. He has had to do rounds in this building and is complete agreement that it is creepy has hell when no one is here. He also emailed his boss about there being no exterior light at the entrance door. There is an old coal furnace outside an axe murder/mugger/rapist could jump out from, plus there are steps we could slip down. I scared the crap out of one of the Japanese exchange students on my way in tonight as he couldn't see me coming.

Went to the kitchen to put my popsicles in the freezer as the one in my place is crap. I heard the water running in the bathroom and just ignored it as my hands were full. When I came out it wasn't running anymore. UGH. Also my windows are the older style that can be locked open, and I have two. I came in and the left one was shut the right was open. My door was deadbolted and we don't even have staff on duty as all the RAs are on a retreat until tomorrow.

The Alaskan guy offered to put in a work order similar to this. "Resident complains that there are paranormal disturbances. Please have an exorcism performed." He also told me that someone hung themselves in the building next door. But that it could be a rumor. I need my digital camera to document creepiness.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I told this story in the AIM chat tonight and several people told me to post it here:

I was working late in the student union- it was well after midnight. (the union is an old hotel built in the 1800's). about a week before someone told me that the 9th floor was abandoned and haunted (that building has so many ghost stories).

There were very few people in the building because it closes around 11- only a couple people have permission to be in the buildling- like myself, who was working on a story for the Pitt news. THe only people usually there are in the lobby and on the 4th floor where the news office is.

I got in the elevator on the 4th floor a little after midnight to go home, the arrow said down, and i got in and pressed for the lobby. It started going up.

It went up to the 9th floor. which is abandoned and pitch black- only the engineers use it, and that's during the day. I'm by myself on the elevator.

The doors open, and i can't get them shut. i'm pressing the close door button, flipping out, trying to press a bunch of other buttons. the doors stay open and don't close for about 2 minutes..... then it goes back down to the 4th floor.

You can sure as hell bet that i got out and WALKED my ass down the stairs.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

that one gave me chills :shudders:
Old 08-25-2003, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Tonight my sister told me about her friends who live in a very old house with their little girl. One night not too long ago the little girl was playing when she suddenly said, "Do you see that skeleton that's bleeding over there? His name is Barrett and he's looking for his family." Her parents sort of thought maybe she could've picked it up from somewhere like a book or TV show, but I don't think so...kids are usually more attuned to "paranormal" things than adults.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a friend who lost her mother when she was young. She says she has felt her mother touch her several times and often feels her presence. Not a scary story, but I think it is interesting. At least it is when she tells it.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

bumping for halloween fun!
Old 10-19-2004, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AznSAE
i will not live in a place where someone died or was murdered in. i may consider it if it was a a close family member, but still, i dont want anyone watching me and playing tricks