GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,105
1 members and 1,104 guests
naraht

Old 09-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Just as a reminder, at the start of this topic I posted that the thread in question was removed at the request of the original poster.

The topic was never removed because of its content or because it was reported. Please read back over the first page - you are making accusations that are not valid to the original purpose of this thread.

You can't see the image above because only mods can manage threads. At least, I think that's the case.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 09-28-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-28-2006, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax View Post
Just as a reminder, at the start of this topic I posted that the thread in question was removed at the request of the original poster.

The topic was never removed because of its content or because it was reported. Please read back over the first page - you are making accusations that are not valid to the original purpose of this thread.

PT, I don't think they are referring to that thread. They are referring to the two that I started that were both deleted. The second time, John saw the topic and actually re-placed it in ChitChat. However, now it has been deleted. For apparently no reason.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippiechick View Post
PT, I don't think they are referring to that thread. They are referring to the two that I started that were both deleted. The second time, John saw the topic and actually re-placed it in ChitChat. However, now it has been deleted. For apparently no reason.
The first of which PT made a note that she may have accidentally deleted it.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
The first of which PT made a note that she may have accidentally deleted it.
You mean KR.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I do

*facepalm*

Sorry, too many initials.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax View Post
Name calling, etc. won't be tolerated and those posts are deleted w/o warning.
Make sure that those (or she, rather) who choose to hide behind your skirt gets this memo as well.

Quote:
Honest discussion is fine, rudeness is not. The AI forum is difficult to moderate, it always has been. It was moved here because Carnation and I are stricter mods that most. The forum was moved here as an experiment to see if it could become a better functioning portion of GC. Can anyone honestly say that has happened?
This forum's turned into a P.O.S...I really wish John would get rid of it. I'm sure there are others who agree.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Funny isn't it, that my thread got deleted. YET this post stays up even after it's reported:
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...&postcount=235

It's in the "fun" thread. Odd, I don't find it FUNny. I find it anti-Muslim and horribly insensitive. GC is indeed full of hypocrisy.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Barbara, I posted this in Tippiechick's thread that got deleted and since it was worth noting, I'm reposting it. In one of the many deleted threads (hmm, do we see a pattern here?) PM_Mama00 said that when she mentioned to a high up person in Phi Mu that she learned about AI from greekchat, the person basically rolled her eyes. That is problem. GC has become so diluted and PC that we are giving out false information. Any woman doing a search for Vera Bradley bags can stumble on GC, learn about AI, and decides that she wants to be in a sorority. She can contact the HQs of every single sorority, but if the officers of that sorority do not want AI's who have no connections to that organization, the so-called "journey" will end there. GC is not the Make a Wish Foundation of greek life. It is not our job to encourage any and every person to find their home. If you delete all of the posts that are not pro-AI and leave only the success stories, then you are falsely sending out a message that AI is easy and that anyone can do it.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
This forum's turned into a P.O.S...I really wish John would get rid of it. I'm sure there are others who agree.
I agree OTW, but I feel that if the AI forum was deleted, the...shall we say... more "interesting" PNAMs would just start posting in the regular recruitment thread with the same questions over and over.

It's too bad that there are so many trainwreck threads because I really love threads like OrchidAlum's (not to be biased towards the AXO AIs... ). It's unfortunate that some PNAMs persist in posting their stories when they're getting tons of negative feedback about the way in which they're pursuing AI. While I understand that namecalling and personal attacks toward a PNAM are deletable offenses, it's very very frustrating to see someone blithely posting their story, making no effort to be discreet or sensitive when they *know* that the majority of other GCers are not supportive of their particular search.

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 09-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
I don't feel that I delete the anti-AI posts any more than I delete any other posts. I do delete anti-AI posts that become insulting, rude or patronizing. I've deleted posts by pro-AI folks for the same reason. Any post made to this forum without becoming a exercise in sniping and backstabbing, will be left alone. That has always been our policy.

Bottom Line: Make your point, pro or con, politely and succinctly and it will stay on the forum.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm only speaking for myself here, but I feel like certain posters get preferential treatment over others. When someone (name witheld to prevent this from becoming a personal attack) disagrees with others' views, she makes a point of reporting every single post and making sure that everyone on GC knows about this. Those posts are usually deleted at the speed of light. Yet when others disagree with what she is saying or even report her posts, moderators tend to jump in and defend her against the big, bad, world that is GC. I just don't see how this is fair.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLPDaisy View Post
I'm only speaking for myself here, but I feel like certain posters get preferential treatment over others. When someone (name witheld to prevent this from becoming a personal attack) disagrees with others' views, she makes a point of reporting every single post and making sure that everyone on GC knows about this. Those posts are usually deleted at the speed of light. Yet when others disagree with what she is saying or even report her posts, moderators tend to jump in and defend her against the big, bad, world that is GC. I just don't see how this is fair.
And all of a sudden GC has meaning again.

I agree with this 110%.

It's so obvious it's not even funny.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Since I started this thread, to clarify, I was only asking about the two threads that PT deleted because the original poster requested them. It wasn't about any other threads.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMarie View Post
Since I started this thread, to clarify, I was only asking about the two threads that PT deleted because the original poster requested them. It wasn't about any other threads.
I think most of us are aware of that, but since Tip's post discussing other thread deletions got moved, I guess the conversation moved here. The majority of the comments in Tip's thread were AI related, anyway.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

So confused......what threads are we talking about? Here's how I understand...first, threads that were requested deleted and now, threads that were deleted that some claim should have been and others claim were targetted unfairly.

Am I straight on this? (Geez, a girl cannot forget about GC for a few days without missing stuff )