GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,537
0 members and 2,537 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes I am a Kappa. From the University of Maryland and I graduated many years ago (before they lost their charter.)

I DID find a web site that had the picture. And I DID tell another Kappa what the url is so that their lawyer could send them a cease and desist letter (or whatever they send) and the picture is NO LONGER THERE. If I wasn't a Kappa, or a nice person, which I am both, do you think I would have even BROUGHT TO ATTENTION the web site much less tell national what the web site was?

As far as being "obsessed" with the picture, that is incorrect. What I hate and disagree with is the "secrecy" as to what chapter the picture came from. When people are withholding information, it can back fire and people begin to speculate and wonder and become EVEN MORE CURIOUS than they would have been if the truth were just out there from the very beginning.

I am the type of person that would rather know the truth. I was curious because I have several neices that are Kappas and one was headed off to school this past fall and wanted to see if she was going to pledge the chapter in question.

Also, I agree with many other peoples comments that the picture was taken just in fun and I can see how these young beautiful women didn't take into account the electronic media nowadays that has nailed many people.

I thank God the internet wasn't around in my school days. It is amazing what technology can be discovered in 15 years.

So, obsessed, no. Bored, maybe. Curious, definitely. Bad motives, no. I haven't sent the picture to anyone though have received many copies, some with different school logos in it. A Kappa, yes. An aunt of several Kappas, yes. A terp fan, definitely.

I didn't mean any harm in any of my posts. Seriously. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. That was never my intent.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-10-2002, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

If you were really a Kappa, I seriously doubt that you'd keep harping on the fact that the UM chapter is closed and going on about the picture of whatever chapter that is--that you've conveniently forgotten the name of.

Why don't you just leave the Kappas alone?
Old 01-10-2002, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kappaum
So, obsessed, no. Bored, maybe. Curious, definitely.
I think she meant "curiouss, definitely". lol
Old 01-12-2002, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by carnation
If you were really a Kappa, I seriously doubt that you'd keep harping on the fact that the UM chapter is closed and going on about the picture of whatever chapter that is--that you've conveniently forgotten the name of.

Why don't you just leave the Kappas alone?
Plus, I think she'd say "before we lost our charter" instead of "before THEY lost THEIR charter."

xoxoxoxo,
33, the picker of nits
Old 02-15-2002, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to technobabe Send a message via Yahoo to technobabe
Lightbulb ladies, ladies....

I know that I affiliated to my current chapter from a school where the DZ chapter lost its charter. Even though that was my home chapter, I still refer to it as "they lost their charter", for example. That doesn't mean I'm not a member. Just a thought.
Also, I'm definitely not a Kappa, but speaking just from an outsider's perspective it is a bit sad that women are accusing each other of not being a true member. That's a bit harsh, just because people have a natural tendency to want to know what is going on. People have differing opinions about things. It's impossible for everyone to agree on everything! It just isn't sisterly to alienate one another like that.
When I went through Rush, the Kappa chapter there was one of my top choices because I could see the sisterhood bond between all of the women. Don't rip one another to shreds over such an inconsequential issue.
And by the way, don't believe the hype about it being from this school or that school. It's not my place to reveal which school it is ( I happen to know because I used to go there) but let's just say that Photo Shop works wonders. You could put any logo you wanted to on there.

Last edited by technobabe; 02-15-2002 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Enough already!!!

Ok. Enough of this thread. I think everything that could be said has been said, and as moderator, I am closing this thread down.

--imsohappythatiama
KKG Forum Moderator
Closed Thread