GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,481
1 members and 2,480 guests
navane

Old 11-26-2003, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking News, News, News,

Okay so I am playing phone tag with the representative of one of the organizations that I am really interested in and I have also received a phone call from another organization that I am open to learning more about. I didn't get a chance to speak with either woman because they called while I was in class so my phone was off. I still haven't heard from the other group that I'm really interested in, but with positive results after waiting for a while and finally getting responses I can wait a little longer. Wooo Hooo!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-26-2003, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Chi Omega is chiomega.com
Old 12-01-2003, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I finally spoke with the representatives of the two organizations that I am interested in joining. There is good news and bad news. One of the organizations you need to know an initiated member sponser you which I don't so they are out. The other organization was really positive and I am supposed to go for coffee on Thursday with the current chapter president and the past chapter president. The conversation was great and I'm really excited! I'll let you know what happens!
Old 12-02-2003, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

That sounds great!! Can't wait to hear how it goes.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

that sounds great! i hope things go well this weekend!
Old 12-04-2003, 03:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow! You get to meet the "big cheeses"! Smile big and let yourself shine! Best wishes for your coffee evening!

PNAM,

.....Kelly
Old 12-05-2003, 02:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jhujenn
I finally spoke with the representatives of the two organizations that I am interested in joining. There is good news and bad news. One of the organizations you need to know an initiated member sponser you which I don't so they are out. The other organization was really positive and I am supposed to go for coffee on Thursday with the current chapter president and the past chapter president. The conversation was great and I'm really excited! I'll let you know what happens!
Let's not be tooooooo hasty in dismissing one group. You can get to know members through a variety of activities, and then get sponsored. Find out what events they have in the upcoming months. At this point, explore.

Good luck on coffee w/ the other group!
Old 12-05-2003, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Coffee, which actually turned out to be drinks and dinner, went really well I think. We talked about why I became interested in AI and what made me interested in the particular organization. After my long explaination was over she talked about how she was interested in women taking more leadership roles in the chapter. We seem to be meshing really well. We are supposed to get together with some other women from the chapter in the next couple of weeks to do another after work dinner and also so that I can meet more women from the organization and they can meet me.

She did say that she hasn't ever been involved with AI before, but she was going to do research to learn more about the process and what exactly she needs to do I the chapter decides they want me. All in all I think the initial meeting went very well.

As a response to Rho's comments I flat out asked the representative from the organization, who is a Grand Council member, that if I didn't know any members that I was at a standstill and she said yes. No attempt was made to put me in contact with a local alumnae chapter or anything so I think the option is closed.

I am really encouraged by the meeting last night and I will let you guys know what happens!
Old 12-06-2003, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

it sounds like you had a really great night! i hope that you here from them soon!
Old 12-11-2003, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Out of the blue

I received an email yesterday from a local collegiate chapter. The sister was inviting me to lunch to learn more about the organization. I replied to her and told her that I thought she had the incorrect person, she addressed the email to a different woman, but that I was definately interested in her organization. I futher explained the I was a graduate student and not even at her school, but I she was still interested in lunch I was definately interested in learning more about her organization and alumnea initiation. She said that she was and we plan to meet after both of us are done with finals.

I initially thought about just deleting the email because it's was not addressed to me and the organization is different from the one that I had dinner with last week, but something told me to take the chance so we will see where this goes. I've found that things that seem to start out odd usually end up being okay.

Just thought I would share so info since I haven't heard anything back from the other organization yet.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

wow, that is a weird twist of fate. I hope you do go out and talk to her.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Response from first group

I received an email from the first group that I went and had dinner with a week and a half ago saying that they were unable to sponser me for alumnae initiation. So it's sort of back to square one, but I did receive an email from one of the organizations that I had contacted saying that they were going to forward my info to the local alumnae chapter so maybe that will produce something.

As it stands now I've emailed back and forth with one org and we are going to set up a time to meet after the first of the year. The other org has my info and I am patiently awaiting contact from the local alumnae chapter.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

JHUJenn my cousin went to Trinity College in DC! She currently still lives in DC! How cool! So have you found a chapter yet? I know AI is something newer to me...but my sorority has been very active with it I believe. www.alphadeltapi.org Go ahead and look into it!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

what a bummer, but it sounds like you still have lots of options! good luck with the other chapters!
Old 12-18-2003, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Things are looking up!

A member of one of the organizations that I was orginally interested in contacted me about alumnae initiation. She is gathering the information about it and said that she would get back to me in the next couple of days.

I am so very excited because I thought that all changes with this org were over because of the requirements for AI, but she has essentially come to my rescue and I am so excited because the org was/is my first choice!!

I'll keep you guys posted, but think good thoughts about good things happening!