GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,306
0 members and 2,306 guests
No Members online

Old 08-05-2000, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Memories

what's your fave sorority or frat memory?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-05-2000, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, so I would have to say that outside of all the dances, and mixers, and rush, there is one particularly favorite memory I have.

It was right before Spring break this past year, and one of my senior sisters had a report to do on haunted graveyards in the area. So, six of us and six of our Fraternity friends jump in two cars and head off into the country twenty miles away to investigate. We were all scared too death. We ended up going to three different reportedly haunted graveyards before the night was over. The whole adventure included jumping fences, and running from the ghosts. I have a scar to always remember that night. We ended it at our house telling ghost stories till 6 am.

It was sooo much fun. That's what sisterhood is all about to me.
Old 08-05-2000, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

my favorite memory from my sisterhood so far was my pledge sisters jen and juli and i decided to make rice krispie treats. we didn't know how we'd mix them, so i greased my hands with butter and stuck them in the mix. my hands got stuck in there (despite the butter) and the whole batch was ruined. i was walking around with a HUGE glob of rice krispie treat mix solidified to my hands! it was HILARIOUS!

etienne
sigma alpa iota

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats

"I think that happiness is when you can let yourself feel every emotion you want at any time instead of being a lying little fuck." - Tori Amos
Old 08-05-2000, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Thumbs up

I can never think of just one.. I'm going to name 3 of the best:
  • Of course, my own initiation stands out a lot. Our "New Member Educator" had us all waiting in her room (until everything was ready). She read us The Places You'll Go by Dr. Suess. And then of course the whole ceremony was really rad and I remember almost every detail even today. It was also really exciting to watch new members get initiated when I was the New Member Educator, I was all proud of them and stuff.
  • One event I will probably never forget:
    We have these tiny little restaurants around called Waffle House (these are real big in the south from what i understand, although we were in Columbus, OHIO). It's a little 24 hour diner (think of that old T.V. show Alice). Some of our members, myself included, frequented one Waffle House in particular (Thursdays 10PM). Well, some of these members were seniors, and were sad because they would no longer be taking regular trips to "he Waff". Anyways, one particular sister, Kristi, was messing around one night, playing guitar, and she and 2 other sisters wrote "the Waffle House song". We're talking 3 verses and a chorus (all music majors, so it's actually not too bad!).
    We took a bunch of new members (i.e. pledges) and actives and packed 1/2 the store one night. Kristi brought the guitar. We all serenaded our 2 favorite waitresses (one of which was mentioned in the sone!). It was so funny and such a great bonding experience for everyone!!
  • I just attended my GLO's National Convention (for the 1st time!) a couple of weeks ago. The whole thing was an awesome experience (*If you ever get a chance to attend your GLO's Convention, GO*). Something that made it extra-supadupa cool was that it was held in Columbus, my collegiate chapter's home. And there was a woman who was initiated into that chapter.. she graduated in 1942! We had a picnic and campus tour. She said the campus was so different!! Then we went to our chapter's 'frat room' (where meetings and stuff are held) and everyone got to look through scrapbooks and chat and stuff. This sister was looking at pictures from when she was there and found her Senior Voice Recital program, completely intact!! She also showed us the spot where her husband proposed to her! It was just a really, really neat opportunity to meet her, and all these other members from all over the country, 19 years old to.. well, some of them are up there

[This message has been edited by SilverTurtle (edited August 05, 2000).]
Old 08-05-2000, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Eli
My fondest memory... well it involves paintballs, but I fear to say more!
Old 08-06-2000, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hey all, this is my first posting on here.
Well my most memorable moment was back in March when I got to meet some of the Founders of my sorority. My sorority isn't that old (we were founded in 1991). It was so cool because I learned about them and why they started the sorority. So to finally meet them was the best! It was at my sorority's Founder's Ball. It was just wonderful! And boy could our Founders dance!
Old 08-07-2000, 09:48 AM

Smile

This is when I was back for a homecoming weekend...but, all of us sitting around watching "Days of Our Lives" and crying our eyes out over Patch dying, then looking around & feeling stupid that we were crying, but it's OK cause we all were.

That's just one of them...but that's what it's all about!! Not the big things, but the little things.
Old 08-07-2000, 05:13 PM

I had just met (and begun to date) a woman whom I met in a speech class and whom I would marry several years later. She was absolutely beautiful, and was also working part time singing in a local rock band.

At the time I had been (and still was) dating an Alpha Gam pledge (I was a Delt pledge at the time).

The first Delt function I attended (after rush, of course) was a Delt/Alpha Gam "Tea" at a local bar. (Tea=keg party) So I walk in with my Alpha Gam Pledge date -- and who do you think the Delts had hired to play at the party.

Yep, you guessed it, the band my someday to be wife was singing with.

Talk about a young pledge who wanted to hide under a table!!

Obviously, it all worked out in the end. The singer and I just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary last month.

DeltAlum