GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,114
0 members and 1,114 guests
No Members online

Old 08-21-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I have never attended a bid matching that involved collegians.
Me either. The only people allowed at ours in undergrad were our chapter and recruitment advisors.

Sidenote: I did get to attend a matching meeting (not so much an actual matching because ICS did that, but a meeting in which matching and snaps were discussed) as a volunteer and I felt super cool even at 27 because I know that only certain people are allowed! lol.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Me either. The only people allowed at ours in undergrad were our chapter and recruitment advisors.

Sidenote: I did get to attend a matching meeting (not so much an actual matching because ICS did that, but a meeting in which matching and snaps were discussed) as a volunteer and I felt super cool even at 27 because I know that only certain people are allowed! lol.
We were using ICS at the time as well. There had been "glitches" (human error), so the ICS bid lists were also compared to matching done by hand to "ensure the system behaved correctly."

Meanwhile, I stretched and exercise my hand for the loudest and quickest snap among us.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:23 PM

^^^^That's funny you say that because every other time someone doesn't get the desired result from recruitment, the urban legend is like "there was a computer glitch."

What more knowledgeable people know is that ICS does not "glitch." Anything that goes wrong with ICS is 99% of the time, a "user error" issue.

And even then, unless you've NEVER used ICS in your LIFE, the likelihood of making a catastrophic mistake (i.e. one that results in someone either not being matched, being released from a chapter, etc.) is VERY low. In most recruitments, the invite issuance and bid matching phases are generally checked, rechecked, and checked again for accuracy BY ACTUAL HUMANS before anything goes to the PXs to get to the PNMs. No one is pushing "ok" for matching/issuance of invite lists until everything has been checked over by a few sets of eyes.

Ex: At a HUGE recruitment like somewhere in the SEC, you can bet that there is not just ONE person dealing with ICS. There are "checks and balances" to the point that it's almost overkill because no one wants to be the girl who managed to input something incorrectly. Someone is checking lists, then letting someone else double check the settings, then letting someone else check (and ask if something seems incorrect - like you think you think XYZ may have the wrong Sarah Smith on their cut list), then checking again before they pull the trigger to issue any invites, match bids, anything.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
It helps when it's done early before the bids are issued as in written out.
Well, women receiving snap bids often were NOT at pref for that chapter.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Well, women receiving snap bids often were NOT at pref for that chapter.
In larger recruitments it will known or noticed by very few people.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, in very competitive recruitments some very strong recruiting chapters fail to match quota and snap bid due to tight RFM figures. Rarely do chapter members know anything.

When a weak recruiting chapter does not match quota, it is usually by just a few. If it is by a large number, they just swing into COB mode after bid day.

RFM has really leveled the playing field on many campuses. It has helped me know how to assist my chapters target PNMs during and after formal recruitment. Many thanks to the women who helped implement this system!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I am completely at actually "snapping" for snap bidding. If I didn't recognize user names I would think y'all are making it up.

And I also have never been in a bid matching meeting where collegians were allowed - either when hand bid matching was going on or when things went electronic and it's just filling out bid cards and reviewing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug12 View Post

RFM has really leveled the playing field on many campuses. It has helped me know how to assist my chapters target PNMs during and after formal recruitment. Many thanks to the women who helped implement this system!
I totally agree with this. RFM has been really great for the campus I assist with. "Snaps" to those women who helped create it
Old 01-08-2017, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

At my school, there is a specific chapter that purposely takes in a very small number of girls but snap bid 75% till they reach minimum quota. Why do they not initially give out "normal" bids in the first place?
Old 01-08-2017, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle1519 View Post
At my school, there is a specific chapter that purposely takes in a very small number of girls but snap bid 75% till they reach minimum quota. Why do they not initially give out "normal" bids in the first place?
that is really none of our business, nor yours. Membership selection is very private.