GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,680
0 members and 2,680 guests
No Members online

Old 01-01-2013, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I was watching 'Castle' on cable just now when I saw an unusual commercial on my local Comcast network. The star of 'Castle' is Nathan Fillion who was, as a student at the University of Alberta, a member of the Kappa Alpha Society.

The commercial was about attending Loch Haven University in Pennsylvania.

Towards the end of the commercial, it was mentioned as a strong point of the University that it had a strong Greek Life. The last part of the ad encouraged viewers to "find you brothers and sisters at Loch Haven".

The visual displayed during this was of a table with Sigma Sigma Sigma t-shirts.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Chatted with an Iowa Gamma Phi Beta last night at my local Target.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofM-TKE View Post
I was watching 'Castle' on cable just now when I saw an unusual commercial on my local Comcast network. The star of 'Castle' is Nathan Fillion who was, as a student at the University of Alberta, a member of the Kappa Alpha Society.

The commercial was about attending Loch Haven University in Pennsylvania.

Towards the end of the commercial, it was mentioned as a strong point of the University that it had a strong Greek Life. The last part of the ad encouraged viewers to "find you brothers and sisters at Loch Haven".

The visual displayed during this was of a table with Sigma Sigma Sigma t-shirts.
I visited Lock Haven with my brother when he was looking at colleges, and definitely got a strong vibe of greek life everywhere. Saw lots of shirts and signs around campus, and this was in the summer. Honestly, I really thought this school would have been a great fit for him and could have seen him *hopefully* going greek. He has, however, decided to enlist in the Air Force, for which, I also fully support and admire his decision.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanygirl View Post
I visited Lock Haven with my brother when he was looking at colleges, and definitely got a strong vibe of greek life everywhere. Saw lots of shirts and signs around campus, and this was in the summer. Honestly, I really thought this school would have been a great fit for him and could have seen him *hopefully* going greek. He has, however, decided to enlist in the Air Force, for which, I also fully support and admire his decision.
Lock Haven is a great school. I'm an alumna of the school and currently advise for the AST chapter at West Chester.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

While waiting for a pizza the other night, a man came in to pick up his pizzas. We got to talking, and he was a FIJI from Case Western Reserve, helping the colonization of FIJI at Allegheny College. I told him that I had helped colonize ADPi at Allegheny, and we had a long talk about the school.

DH, whose college doesn't have greek life, is style in amazement at how quickly greeks get to talking!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Big group of Delta Sigma Thetas on the Today show this morning.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Socially awkward guy sitting in the cafe of the community college in a Phi Sigma Kappa shirt (it's written out-no letters).

Me: Where are you a Phi Sig at?
Him: (breathing awkwardly) I think the organization you're looking for is in that room (points at Clubs room where my office is located)
Me: No, I meant I wanted to know at what school were you were initiated into Phi Sigma Kappa. You have the shirt on.
Him: I'm not a member
Me: (Walks away) Not surprised...
Old 01-15-2013, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I have been digging for info on the Real World 28: Portland cast. One ZTA, one who I think is an NPHC member but haven't confirmed, and no GLO info on any of the other ones yet.

Θ Φ Α

Old 01-15-2013, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post
Socially awkward guy sitting in the cafe of the community college in a Phi Sigma Kappa shirt (it's written out-no letters).

Me: Where are you a Phi Sig at?
Him: (breathing awkwardly) I think the organization you're looking for is in that room (points at Clubs room where my office is located)
Me: No, I meant I wanted to know at what school were you were initiated into Phi Sigma Kappa. You have the shirt on.
Him: I'm not a member
Me: (Walks away) Not surprised...

Something like that happened to me, only with prep schools, not GLOs. I am originally from New England, and it's really common to go to prep school instead of public high school. Now I live in North Carolina, and you very rarely see anyone with car stickers, shirts, etc. One time I did see a guy with a t-shirt from a private school in CT, so I went over to make conversation and it was like the convo above. It turns out someone in his wife's family went there and he somehow ended up with a shirt. He thought it was a college.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPA85 View Post
I have been digging for info on the Real World 28: Portland cast. One ZTA, one who I think is an NPHC member but haven't confirmed, and no GLO info on any of the other ones yet.
The Real World is still on TV?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post
Absolutely. I heard recently that it was renewed through season 32.

Θ Φ Α

Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 PM

This week at my local Target: saw two Tri Deltas from Coe College (they had keychains) and a woman with a Pi Beta Phi t-shirt. She was from U of Iowa
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post
That was my thought too.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPA85 View Post
Absolutely. I heard recently that it was renewed through season 32.
I haven't watched it since Chicago - which I just looked up was season 11 and aired (eek!) ten years ago!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 PM

Went to a bar/restaurant to order take out. The bartender is an Alpha Phi alumna from U of Northern Iowa