GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,166
3 members and 1,163 guests
LaneSig, MSKKG

Old 06-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Banned

Good luck, NinjaPoodle.

We do what we have to (legally) do to get done what we have to (legally) get done.

Last year my good friend/colleague took me to lunch to meet her Research Assistant. Her RA was preparing for graduate school. Very nice person and quite the hard worker. We gave her a lot of information and she appreciated being able to add us to her professional networks. It is wonderful to have professional networks and that is especially the case for women and racial and ethnic minorities (all 3 of us are Black/African American women). Two weeks ago my friend and I received an email from this student for her graduate school fundraiser. After I remembered who she was, I contacted my friend to get her thoughts. We were both surprised to have been put on the list of recipients since we were not personally close to her and we had not heard from this student in quite a few months. Needless to say, neither of us received our degrees during a time when there was a such thing as Online Tuition Fundraisers/Campaigns. Needless to say2, this made us both a bit uncomfortable and we did not donate. I participate in fundraisers for things like Race for the Cure but I find online fundraisers/campaigns for tuition to be a bit strange. That is especially the case when people are left wondering why they are on the recipient list.

Last edited by DrPhil; 06-18-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )