GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,428
0 members and 1,428 guests
No Members online

Old 09-22-2004, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Dang, I just KNEW this thread was gonna be on and poppin' today.

I also cried when the girl said that she would be completely blind in less than 5 years. I think her eyes are really beautiful.

I really like YaYa and Eva, if she can lose the 'tude. Eva is really pretty, but now that I think about it I don't like her hair. Everytime I see her hair it reminds me of Kramer from Seinfeld.

I don't think I like Kelly at all. Not because of the way she is, but because she reminds me of a girl I went to HS with.

Toccara better work it out!! I really like her attitude.

J. Alexander still keeps me rolling with his commentary. I was CTFU when Tyra said she calls his Mrs. J.

And what about the girl from Miami who had the beer poured over her head. Okay, see I don't care what was going on at that moment, but I would have wanted to fight and in that situation I don't blame her at all.

I can see this season will have me hooked. Too bad I have to tape it every week.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-22-2004, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: So close to the city of Big Shoulders, that I can almost taste it
I was very glad when Tyra told Eva that she didn't want to cast another "black bitch", although I didn't believe it. That keeps people tuning in.

Anyway, I'm glad to see more people of color. Especially Kelle, who happens to have skin of a darker hue, which is rarely considered beautiful by society's standards. I think she's cute.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

EGAD!!!
I MISSED IT For some reason, I was thinking it was at 9 instead of 8. Are they gonna air it again?
Old 09-23-2004, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

i got a LOT to say...

now that i think about it, tocarra does remind me of me a little bit...hmmm...thanks soror!

ol' girl from miami had a sad story and all but her weave was sadder. i don't think she came with her a-game. maroon hair and thick black roots do not say "haute couture." but, she's better than me because i KNOW i would've started swinging if those chicks (who were grade-a HATERS!! ) would've thrown a glass at me. and who was ghandi in the back of the van talking about she should've just walked away?

although i was REALLY feeling what eva was talking about when she was talking about the skinny girl, the delivery was all wrong. when you don't know people, you can't come out your face like that. it was rude and tacky. but girlfriend is in serious need of some fried chicken and potatoes. she needs to forget those weight-gain shakes and EAT!

i think the sistas are gorgeous! yaya has a real natural beauty and her skin problem aint nothing that a little proactive can't fix. she'll be alright.

who was the girl that was dropping it like it was hot? that was a lot of wagon action to say i heard no music playing. i couldn't tell who she was so i don't know if she was cut but i might have to take that move with me to the club.

homegirl with the bear was killing me. i'm glad they cut her. she was either too immature or trying to have a gimmick or shtick...either way, it wasn't working.

last but not least, amanda. okay, um LOVE HER. when i saw the commercials and heard her saying that she wasn't like everyone else, i instantly thought "OMG! SHE'S A MAN!" but when she told her story and said she's just happy because she's seen her son smile, i almost tore up!

oh, and soror LnF, i think the repeats run on fridays.

I Stay Woke!!
Old 09-23-2004, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Soror Queen of Funk

We had the same thoughts throughout the show.

I also thought ol' girl was a man!!! I was really sad when she told the girls about her disability. I hope the girls don't use that against her to get her off the show.

Eva, I love everything about her except the attitude. I loved her hair!! She just spells America's Next Top Model to me. I hope that she doesn't revert to those old ways by the time she show gets good.

Ya Ya is a very pretty girl. I love her because she's your typical African American girl! I hope she gets far in the competition.

I'm just so pleased with the line up this year. We have women of all ethnicities, so I don't really have any favorites yet.

The girl from Miami had me rolling the ENTIRE SHOW! I loved the fact that she was ready for change in her life. I hate that she had to go back and face that harsh reality. I pray that she gets away from all of that negativity.

The first episode was OFF THE HOOK!

I'm already hooked!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lostnfound117
EGAD!!!
I MISSED IT For some reason, I was thinking it was at 9 instead of 8. Are they gonna air it again?
Friday @ 8 EST

Quote:
Originally posted by lGina1201
I really like YaYa and Eva, if she can lose the 'tude. Eva is really pretty, but now that I think about it I don't like her hair. Everytime I see her hair it reminds me of Kramer from Seinfeld.
THAT's WHAT HER HAIR reminded me of. I kept thinking her hair is not natural. I want Eva to not be Camille so badly.

Quote:
Originally posted by Soror MeezDiscreet
ol' girl from miami had a sad story and all but her weave was sadder. i don't think she came with her a-game. maroon hair and thick black roots do not say "haute couture." but, she's better than me because i KNOW i would've started swinging if those chicks (who were grade-a HATERS!! ) would've thrown a glass at me. and who was ghandi in the back of the van talking about she should've just walked away?
That weave was hella atrocious. She reminded me of a former student, weave and all, minus the whole fighting thing. I am not a fighter but I would have been kicking some tail THAT NIGHT!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Soror MeezDiscreet
last but not least, amanda. okay, um LOVE HER. when i saw the commercials and heard her saying that she wasn't like everyone else, i instantly thought "OMG! SHE'S A MAN!" but when she told her story and said she's just happy because she's seen her son smile, i almost tore up!
I thought too because I saw minutiae evidence of breasts. Her EYES are GORGEOUS though.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by delph998
The first episode was OFF THE HOOK!

Yes, it was!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm the outcast because I like Camille. I thought Eva was wrong for the way she went about telling the girl that she looked "nasty." She ain't neva lied, but the approach was all wrong. I think that Eva is cute and she has a good chance.

I am upset that Tiffany didn't get picked because this might have been the break that she needed. She had the best "sob story" of all. The girl from Backatown, MN and that stripper didn't impress me. I hope that Tiffany can really do something better with her life. I hope that someone sees her and reaches out to her.

I am pulling for YaYa!! Natural sistas RULE!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Watching this show, I've discovered how much I really like Tyra Banks. She seems warm, straightforward, and down-to-earth. It must have been terribly hard to break the bad news to the second set of girls who had to go home but she handled it well. She even comforted that girl with the weird hair and the weird teeth in the bathroom.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Nuevo Jersey...all the time wishing that I was in Puerto Rico!!!
How about my LS has me watching this now!!! She came over to hang out and was like "Let's watch America's Next Top Model"!!! I just have to say that I've got a jones for this show now!!!!! And.....I LOVE EVA & AMANDA!!!!! This is going to be a very interesting show!!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ImaDiamond
I have a couple of thangs:

First off, let me just say that although Eva's attitude needed to be checked in the beginning, she did 'serve it' as they said when she walked in during that first walk-in. And I knew Tyra was trying to break her because she kept asking her who used to talk to her like that and on and on, until finally eva broke down.

Amanda.......gorgeous eyes, but why did she wait until she got picked in the first part in order to share that she was going blind? I mean, I'm just worried about what type of spots she will get as a model. I mean, going blind, she really can't walk the run-way very long. Nor could she do a commercial where she has to move around a lot. I don't know. I mean, that's not to say that she couldn't, but how easy will that be for her?

Rachel......I would never cut my hair like that, but I really thought that was cute on her. The one with blonde hair and a thick black streak in the front? Yeah, that was kind of funky for her. It was cute. I kind of felt bad for her when she didn't get picked though.

And that girl from Miami.......she kind of made me upset, thinking that modeling was her only way "out of the hood". I mean, I don't know her WHOLE story, but that comment kind of bothered me. I don't know. These are all just my opinions.

Toccara......She is so pretty and I was proud that she got picked.

Come on, now, does it REALLY get any better than this?
Old 09-24-2004, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DramaQueen42401 Send a message via Yahoo to DramaQueen42401
First of all, when this girl said she was from Miami, I was wondering what part. Low and behold, the home video comes on and Miami Carol City is sitting in the background. I was like OMG!! That is 15 minutes from my house, lol. It's not your average ghetto, that you wouldn't be caught in past 9:30, but there are some clowns around there. I also had a feeling that there was some drama about to go down between her and somebody. Never did I think it would be chick in the bar. I agree with her on the fact that she had to retaliate and especially coming from that school, oh no, all hell would have broken loose. Carol City has some crazy behind students, lol.

However, her saying that she can't get out of the hood isn't cool. That same school has adult education classes. If she didn't get her diploma, she could still get her GED if she would work on her attitude. If not there, hell, there is a Job Corp right down the street. I really hated the way she was so hard on herself at the end. Now she's back in that slump that she feels she's doomed to stay in. If she thinks that way after a defeat, she'll stay that way.

"Leadership, Friendship, Service"
Old 09-24-2004, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ImaDiamond

Amanda.......gorgeous eyes, but why did she wait until she got picked in the first part in order to share that she was going blind? I mean, I'm just worried about what type of spots she will get as a model. I mean, going blind, she really can't walk the run-way very long. Nor could she do a commercial where she has to move around a lot. I don't know. I mean, that's not to say that she couldn't, but how easy will that be for her?
i understand what you're saying but when you think about the career span of a typical model (not the tyras, naomis and imans), 5 years are about all they're gonna get anyway. if she can make it, i hope she can get in, get allllll the money she can and then just enjoy life as best as she can with her family.

I Stay Woke!!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MeezDiscreet
i understand what you're saying but when you think about the career span of a typical model (not the tyras, naomis and imans), 5 years are about all they're gonna get anyway. if she can make it, i hope she can get in, get allllll the money she can and then just enjoy life as best as she can with her family.
Exactly make a better life for her son.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I was thinking the same thing abou the girl from Miami- why is modeling the only way out? But, she is better than me, because ol' girl in the bar would have gotten an swift and thorough ass whuppin'. They would've been like "damn, I thought you were a model.."

The one girl was so SKINNY. She looked disgusting. I'm so glad that they didn't pick her.

Also, I was so happy to hear Tyra say "I don't want to cast another black b*tch." That is why I like Tyra, she seems to be really on point with stuff like that.