GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,208
0 members and 2,208 guests
No Members online

Old 08-13-2007, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! A Seminole rush thread! Best wishes for your daughter in the Tallahassee heat!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-13-2007, 07:46 PM

Good luck to your daughter!

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm am FSU mommie X 2. Good luck to you and yours!
ZTA72
Old 08-17-2007, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

On our way...

Well, everyone.

The car is packed and the hubby has gone to gas it up while My Girl is saying some teary goodbyes to her highschool friends. (I'm sure my tears will show up on Sunday!)

Move in day isn't until tomorrow, but we wanted to get into town with as little "rushing" around as possible.

Her roommate is also arriving tonight, and we will be dinning with her family. Sadly, Roomie will not be going through recruitment. Neither are any of My Girl's friends. All state cost as a factor. Luckily, My Girl is a brain and has a full ride scholarship plus some! Anyway, I wish she knew someone, but I'm sure she will soon enough. Actually, I believe some of her Facebook friends are so thats something.

Updates should start flowing in from now on! Let the skits begin!
FSUMummy
Old 08-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

her nextdoor neighbors or girls down the hall may be rushing . either way, she will probably make some friends within her rush group. she'll be alright mom.
please keep us updated.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpiphi View Post
As a UF legacy, student and hardcore college football fan, I believe FSU is a bad, bad place
But I'm quite excited to hear a recruitment story from down the road (that road being I-10!).
Best of luck to your daughter!

p.s. I did a short study abroad class in Paris this summer and your choice of code names are bringing back wonderful memories!

See, Mummy. Aren't you glad your girl chose the RIGHT school? We're so busy being wonderful, engaging, friendly, outgoing and SMART ladies who chose a GREAT school that we won't even post in that other school's recruitment threads...

Best of luck to your daughter, and I can't wait to follow her story!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck to your Daughter!!! Though I don't attend there, I know FSU is a great school. I have several friend who are greek in different GLOs there, and they all enjoy it!

Old 08-19-2007, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMummy View Post
Sadly, Roomie will not be going through recruitment. Neither are any of My Girl's friends.
FSUMummy
FSUMummy -

It actually may be a benefit for Your Girl not to have Roomie and Friends rushing. Thinking about and talking about rush 24/7 can be exhausting and overwhelming!! This group will give her a place to relax and just hang out.

Also, while she will hear plenty of "tent talk", she is in a great position to make her choices based on her opinions and not those of others.

Hope the move in went smoothly and Best of Luck to Your Girl!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Sunday Informational Session

Hello All!

As expected, I was hysterical and My Girl was pushing me out the dorm room door! I did get a call around 7:30 last night letting me know how things went.

So here goes...

All the PNMs met up and were divided into their recruitment groups. My Girls says that she believed there were 78 groups of 16 girls each. She absolutely adored her Rho Gam and found several of her rush group to be quite freindly and "normal".

They had some sort of skit performed for them which My Girl thought was very funny, but I had no clue as to why. Something about youtube???? They did the War Chant etc in order to get them enthused.

She said they were given tips/rules about what to wear. They were warned about "dirty rushing" though they didn't call it that. They were also given some sort of informational paper to fill out which asked things like legacy information.

Lastly, she said she loved the rush t-shirt that was handed out despite it's bright pink colouring. I forget the moto on it, so I'll get back to you on that one.

She says she was very nervous going into the informational meeting, but after having met several of the other PNMs, is looking forward to recruitment even more than before.

Round 1 started at 10:00am today. I'll write more tonight once I get an update.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to your daughter!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Cane94G8r97
How Exciting!

I can't wait to hear more! Good luck to your FSU Daughter!
Always a Zeta Tau Alpha \^^^/
Old 08-20-2007, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

FSUMummy, I hope your "baby girl" is having a wonderful day! My best friends daughter is up there with her. Here's hoping they both find the perfect home.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't wait to hear how it goes!! I know a girl who went through last year and loves her chapter! I hope everything went great today and I hope she didn't overheat with all that walking around they did today.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

FSUMummy, as you wait to hear from your daughter, I wait to hear from my daughter on the other side of rush at FSU. I know this past week of preparing for the potential new members has been a lot of fun, stress, and full of tears (especially the seniors). My daughter is already losing her voice so I know it will be gone by tomorrow.

As to recs, my daughter had none but was later told she had great recs. Where did they come from? Guess we will never know.

Feel free to pm if you have any questions I might be able to answer.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Icewaters Day 1

Thank you everyone for your words of support while I go through New Member Recruitment!

Just got off the phone with My Girl. Poor thing says that the day has been a complete blur. Her details were vague, but I'll share them non-the-less.

The PNMs visited 8 houses today...

Disneyland Paris - Neither the girls nor the conversations were memorable.
Luxembourg Gardens - The girl she spoke to came across as conceited, which turned her off.
Arc de Triompe - She immediately fell out of place although the girls were nice enough.
Fountain Saint Michel - The girl she spoke with was very nice but extremely nervous.
Notre Dame - She really got along with the girls here.
Champ-Elyses - She felt they were down to earth and enjoyed them a great deal.
Palace of Versaille - She felt very uncomfortable. The sisters spoke among themselves and ignored My Girl.
Orsay Museum - Nice girls who she got along really well with.

While My Girl said that there were several houses she didn't click with, she still had a good time on her first day. Her Rho Gam was wonderful throughout the day.

There was much tent talk with poor Fountain Saint Michel getting many ugly remarks about them. My Girl claims to have avoided the conversation. The Rho Gam didn't seem to notice the comments.

She has made no decisions yet and has decided to wait until tomorrow to rank the ones she visited today. She says a good night's rest might clear up today's hazyness.

As a side note, appearently a PNM suffer heat stroke and fainted at the beginning of the day. It was 99 degrees when she left her dorm in the morning. My Girl didn't know if she was all right and continued with recruitment or not.

Tomorrow is the second half of Round 1 where the PNM's will visit the remaining 7 houses and do their computer selections. I'll report late tomorrow evening.

I do have one question/comment though...

My Girl says she was ignored at one of the houses. She says the girl who she was supposed to speak with instead chose to speak to her sorority sister. While I realize My Girl may not be everyone's cup of tea, what ever happened to manners?