GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 680
0 members and 680 guests
No Members online

Old 01-19-2001, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Majorly Important...Need Advice

I need the opinions of some people here. Do you think it is wrong to date one of your sister's ex's if she was the person who called off the relationship???
Old 01-19-2001, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Greek Cutie:
I need the opinions of some people here. Do you think it is wrong to date one of your sister's ex's if she was the person who called off the relationship???
It depends how small your school is, and how much inter-dating there is (if you're at a 2,000 student school, NOT dating a friend's ex would be a miracle). I would definitely ask her if she minds. And be sure to check out her body language...if she's saying "that's fine" and grinding her teeth so bad you can hear it, it's really not fine.

I've dated sisters' exes, I've had sisters date my exes. It can range from no biggie to horrendous. A lot depends on how serious the relationship was.

Old 01-19-2001, 10:23 PM

It definitely depends on how serious and long the relationship was. If it was pretty much a fling, go for it. If it was more like a year, stay away. I'd say anything over 3 months needs to be approached w/ caution.

Two of my sisters dated my Pledge Mom's guy after they broke up! I was so furious. He had lavaliered her and everything!!! I will NEVER forgive them. I even made sure to block one of them from being president. I don't care how much time passes, they both will be on my "Can only trust 'em if I can see 'em" list!
Old 01-20-2001, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

i think it also depends on whether she is your best friend in the world (and a sister, too)... or just another sister who you're friendly with but don't share a deep, personal bond. if, aside from being brought together by the sorority, you're basically just acquaintances, it might be ok if enough time has passed. has she moved on to someone else yet?
Old 01-20-2001, 03:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
I don't know about you all, but not only amongst my sisters but amongst my friends, you NEVER date someone's ex. Hooking up with someone that a sister hooked up with happens, but serious relationships, now that's another story.

Quote:
Originally posted by Greek Cutie:
Old 01-21-2001, 01:26 AM

Hailing from the male gender, I thought i would offer my two cents. I don't really see a problem with what you're doing, I lived with three sorority girls last year and can relate to what you're talking about. I also don't think school size has anything to do with it, as mine is a decent size around 25,000 undergrads. As long as your sister is okay with it, there shouldn't be a problem.
That's all for now ladies.
Old 01-21-2001, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

We have something called "Chi-O Curtesy" in which you must ask a sister if it is okay to date one of her ex's. I personally agree with this policy because it prevents any unknown feelings from standing between two sisters!
So...I'd ask! Good Luck

------------------
Everyone has their day in the sun. Some just last longer than others ~ Chi Omega Bid Day 1998
Old 01-23-2001, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Would you date your "blood" sister's ex?

The bond between you 2 SHOULD be the same.....

There's no way in hell I would knowingly date my sorors old man.

------------------

[This message has been edited by prettypoodle6 (edited January 23, 2001).]