GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,519
1 members and 1,518 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-01-2009, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I Might Be Released Soon

x

Last edited by sherryanne; 07-26-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-01-2009, 12:18 AM

Something to think about:

Not having the max number of parties every round doesn't mean you're going to be released. A full schedule everyday is not necessary to receive a bid.
With that said, if you go into your parties thinking "OMG I'm going to be released," that negativity will show in your conversation/attitude and it just might happen.

You can't change things like your class standing and the fact that you have been through rush before, so why stress over it?

You may be released, you may not. Just see what happens.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 09-01-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with KSU - the last thing you want to do is let the stress or doubt come through in your conversation or in your demeanor. As hard as it is, the best thing is to be the best possible version of yourself and try and make connections with the women in the chapters you're returning to. I realize that's easier said than done. Good luck to you.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Totally agreed w/ everything KSU said.

Instead of being nervous and worrying, you should focus on making sure the real you shines through at your rush parties (and not the scared, nervous you) so you can make the best impression possible.

I think you also shouldn't be afraid to let those houses know how excited you are to learn more about their sisterhood or how happy you are to see them again. It's showing your interest, but not in a weird scary kinda way.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Totally agree with everything above. Remember it only takes one invite to join a sorority.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 09-01-2009, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

All true. Put on your big girl panties and kick some ass! Best of luck to you.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Great advice! Stay positive and confident. Don't waste energy worrying about things you can't control at this point; instead, focus all of your effort into putting your best foot forward during recruitment today. Good luck!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:12 AM
GreekChat Member

It only takes one

People have given you great advice, and it's so true. Somebody I know went through as an upperclassmen and grades that weren't as good as some pnms. She only went to one pref party, but it was the one she really wanted. Now she is a very happy member for that group's new member class.

It's not about how many parties you attend but whether they are the right parties for you!

Last edited by TXalum1; 09-01-2009 at 08:14 AM. Reason: typos
Old 09-01-2009, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck!!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Please listen to everyone's advice here. My daughter's friend had only 2 invites back after the intial round. She stuck it out the entire week and is now a happy sorority girl.

Put a big smile on your face and keep an open mind. Good luck.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

please read this:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=107120
Old 09-01-2009, 01:52 PM

I went through as a junior. I didnt have a full schedule of parties every day, and while that scared me, I stayed optimistic and actually ended up having a full preference party schedule, and ultimately receiving a bid.

A lot more PNM's than you would think probably dont have full schedules either, even those who are freshman. Stay positive and enjoy the rest of your parties.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Banned

I think having two houses left at this point is pretty promising considering you were dropped completely the first time you rushed and didn't receive a bid when you went through COR. Good luck!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Indicating your enthusiasm is perfectly fine - in fact, it's something the chapters may well be looking for (they certainly don't want to invite women who aren't interested in them to pref.). YOU can say you feel at home, can see yourself here, etc., THEY have to be very careful not to say anything that might be construed as "promising" you an invitation to pref/bid.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it is a good idea to give the members an idea of what you are thinking. It's kind of like going on a date and never ever saying, "This is fun." or "I really enjoyed dinner. We should do it again." Without positive feedback, your date would probably not be sure if you wanted to go out again.

Both sides of recruitment are looking for positive feedback, so, imo, you should definitely express your interest. Don't be stalker/crazy/when can I move in interested, but do give them something they can take back to the others: "She said she felt so at home with us!" "She told me how happy she was to be back at our house and was so enthusiastic about our philanthropy."