GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,550
1 members and 2,549 guests
fmanning

Old 04-01-2005, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I too miss college undergrad and grad were the best years of my life! I might not have had the money then as I do now but those were carefree relatively responsible free years which I alas long for! but education is a neverending process in my profession, so I anticipate returning to school for another area of Teacher certification.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-08-2005, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Everyday. It was so much easier being at school full-time, waking up at 800-830 for classes, working at the college bookstore with all my friends and doing sorority stuff. I miss it. My husband and I both miss those times when we didnt have to worry about bills or insurance or stuff like that.

Besides I miss being at college and walking on campus, all the fun times I had. I really do hate being grown up. I want to be back....... Esp on days like this when its so warm and I would be walking along to my classes instead of being stuck in this office looking outside wishing I was there.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:10 AM
cutiepatootie

Boy do I miss it! life was sooo much easier and were the best days of my life!

be nice to wake up at 8-8;30 again and not be at work by 8!

My college life at Arkansas was the best ever and i wish i could go back adn relieve it!
Old 05-15-2005, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I think what I miss most from college is my friends. I miss being able to always have someone to do stuff with and I even miss living in the house (though at the time, I would get so sick of living with so many girls). Now all my friends are so spread out over the country, that we are lucky to see one another once a year.
I miss the carefree lifestyle and blowing off class and responsibility to lay out at the pool. I miss that my biggest challenge used to be figuring out what to wear or which bars/parties to go to. I miss the college social life.
I even miss my early am practices. I look back now and can't figure out why I was so determined to graduate in four years--I really should have stretched it out while I had the chance!
Old 05-17-2005, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I miss University like crazy! the things I did and the things I didn't such as pledge into a sorority (I was supposed to be leaving university to move across the country in less than 2 months after finding the perfect sorority to rush for) at times I would love nothing more than to go back to university and relive the best years of my life.

Cathy
Old 05-17-2005, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UlChiOCutie26
sobs...

I miss college so much! I miss not having a set schedule and being able to not have to get up in the morning unless I had to. I miss having my weekdays free. WORK SUCKS! But hey, it is nice to have a decent paycheck every two weeks and not have to ask my Mom and Dad for money anymore!
Old 05-17-2005, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes and no.

I miss the campus. I miss my friends. I miss sleeping in and skipping class whenever I felt like it. I miss living in the chapter house. I miss going down to the kitchen on Sunday mornings and hearing all the stories from the night before. I miss blasting cheesy pop music and putting makeup on in the hallway while people walk in and out of each others rooms trying to decide what to wear out. I miss going out any night of the week. I miss the academic atmosphere.

I don't miss the homework. I don't miss the uncertainty of what to do after graduation. I don't miss the immaturity (okay, maybe a little). I don't miss the boy chase. I don't miss the extra 25 lbs. I had back then. I don't miss the stupid little dramas. I don't miss my bad fashion sense. I don't miss some of my bad decisions.

While it's fun to relive memories, there is a reason college only lasts so long. Though I would like to eventually go back, get my masters and work for a University.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes I do miss those college days life seem more uncomplicated then and I had less responsibility. All one had to worry about was getting to class, studying, and finding out which Greek organization was going to have a party that weekend!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

brings tears to my eyes, y'all

if i would have know then what i know now about the real world, i would have rode the undergrad train until the wheels fell off instead of graduating in four years on the dot--
the real world isn't going anywhere!

undegrad was a very special time for me and i never knew that there would come a time that i'd look back on all those broke days of eating ramen noodles and cramming for exams and realize that those would be some of the best times of my life...

my old school, the university of FL, won the national basketball title about two weeks ago and when i saw it on the news the next morning after the championship game, i was mad as hell because i couldn't watch the game because i had to be an adult and finish my paper (yep, working on the master's degree) and i got kinda depressed watching all the revelers partying on the streets of gainesville, celebrating our team... i would have given ANYTHING to be back at my old school that day... but instead, i got in my car, went to work, and had to remind myself that i am an adult. . .
"Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning."-Gandhi

Last edited by bluethunder; 04-24-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

i'm interning now away from school. I really miss it too... no more hanging out late at night.... 8-5 SUCKS!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Last night I was missing just strange things about college like getting Pokey Stix with ranch from Gumby's Pizza at 2 am after a night of being out, sitting out on the quad doing absolutely nothing, and college games in the student section with "cheap" tickets.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I miss college!! I miss friends and fun and going out and the Fine Arts Building and sleeping in late... and I miss my big beautiful house and Ms. Betty's biscuits and my sisters!! Oh yeah, and whoever mentioned Pokey Stix...!

I'm starting Grad School in the fall, but it'll be totally different... It's NYU - which is definitely not Tallahassee! And money will be a constant concern, which I'm not looking forward to!

"I wish I could go back to college,
In college you know who you are.
You sit in the quad and think 'Oh my god,
I am totally gonna go far...'" -Avenue Q
Old 04-25-2006, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

ahhh man i was just talking to me pledge son about college and i was saying to myself they need a reality show with students who want to go back to there alma mater all expense paid and re lived life all over again, but the twist is to do the same thing u did when u were a students, as well as social change and use the things u had as a student and non of the newly admitted products that most colleges have now. I know when i was a student at my college we did not have facebook, and when i went to visit my brothers for homecoming at the house everyone seemed to be more instrested in facebook than acting a fool, and i look at it and it was very addictive. LOL, and thats what made me get myspace, its kinda like facebook, of course u already know..LOL
Old 04-27-2006, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

i miss the hell out of college.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

College

Ahhh...the weekend night Toga party, studying at weird hours, going to class as needed to make the grade...life was good.