GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,178
0 members and 2,178 guests
No Members online

Old 09-17-2007, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemay414 View Post
Tell someone? Come one! First of all there is the proof. The so called "popular" groups are the worst and they have power. There is intimidation used and who wants to be the one to 'rat them out'. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that there are rules broken all the time, but everyone turns a blind eye to it. I'm just saying it is wrong and I'm disgusted that it happens and especially allowed among these so called 'popular' groups. I have found that the 'popular' groups (in HS and College) are filled with some of the meanest people. The other members are so terrified of the others that they go along with things so they won't be turned on themselves. And if anyone out there says this is hogwash, then fine, believe what you want. All I can say is, I know what I know. Don't believe me if you don't want to. But this forum is about Hazing and I just thought some people might want a heads up before getting themselves involved in something that they will not feel comfortable with. And be prepared to do A LOT of drinking! If you don't like to drink, this might be a huge problem for you in becoming a pledge. A LOT of Sororities and esp. Fraturnities will be making you drink a lot of alchohol. For real!

You are sitting here stating you "know" this is being done and not doing anything about it. You and your boyfriend are just as bad as these so called sororities and there implied hazing antics. Grow up and act like a young adult in college and do something about it. Stop caring about what people think of you and act like you care about yourself, how do you feel about knowing this is going on and not doing a damn thing to prevent it. If you aren't going to do something about except sound off in a chat room then shame on you for aiding these organizations if in fact your allegations are true.

One more thing: If you are going to state you KNOW then don't contradict yourself by admitting you are hearing this second hand from "drunk" college freshman whom I am sure in their state of intoxication are reliable

Quote:
If you live in a dorm with hundreds of girls, see them, talk to them, talk to the guys they hooked up, boyfriends, are friends with them on my space or facebook and can see pictures of them drinking, shot gunning, doing shots, attending kegger or gin bucket parties, if you can read the captions attached to most of these pictures, well then my friend, you can pretty much figure it out! Duh!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justabeachbrat View Post
LOL here. I was bummed because my Bulldogs got creamed by the Ducks, but this inane thread got me laughing so hard that my cat, trying to sit on the laptop as I type, fled.
Woman in jeopardy movies, on Lifetime, that's what the ex boyfriend called them. And yes, the post is out of Dying to Belong.
What's next? Or does that depend on what movie on steamy college life is on.
Women drinking, and maybe Greeks in the crowd. shhhhh.
I remember when my sister's dorm housemother, it was a stuffy private college, called late at night to report my sister and some of her sisters had come in drunk singing "like drunken sailors" and were putting together a strawberry shortcake on the floor and eating it. I guess fat circles weren't of concern.
My mother, who had three kids in college at the time, let the housemother sound off, and then, in her very ladlylike way, said that of all the possible crimes we could be doing she wasn't going to get in a snit about shortcake and singing, although no one in the family can carry a tune. Yes, my mom said, she wasn't thrilled about my sister drinking, but knew she had walked to and from a party with her friends, not driven.
And her suggestion to the housemother: Go to bed. A good idea for the thread poster, and also, turn off the TV.

This beats reading chapters for my COMM class.
This gets better in the other threads. Don't scare your cat again...
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/se...archid=1382267
Old 09-17-2007, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
This gets better in the other threads. Don't scare your cat again...
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/se...archid=1382267
it says "sorry no matches"
Old 09-17-2007, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteASAbug View Post
it says "sorry no matches"
Hmmm...Link works on my PC. Try this one...
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/member.php?u=64426
Old 09-17-2007, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

where did the troll go....I liked this one!
Old 09-17-2007, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieXi View Post
Maybe she decided to depledge and start her own chapter with her recruitment group. She was unbelievable!
Old 09-23-2007, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And be prepared to do A LOT of drinking! If you don't like to drink, this might be a huge problem for you in becoming a pledge. A LOT of Sororities and esp. Fraturnities will be making you drink a lot of alchohol. For real!
ok, hold up. I've been a greek member and an advisor, and I can say, at least from the groups i've dealt with, this is absolutley untrue! Is there drinking? Sure, i'm not going to gloss that over - but as a pledge i was NEVER forced to drink when I did not want to. And i've NEVER seen any of my sisters force other sisters to drink.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieXi View Post
Which one? The OP or Bluemay?
Both have stopped posting.