GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,173
1 members and 1,172 guests
No Members online

Old 08-22-2004, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kandy36
Question how do fraternities establish a formal rush?

ok i dont know if this is a thread already, if it is i apologize..

anways i was wondering how fraternities have formal rushes like sororities. i would love to bring that up at my school bc maybe the guys would get a better outcome than they do yanno.

at my school guys get intimidated bc they dont know brothers and they dont know about getting involved in greek life.

i saw that the only way a guy would get a bid if he went and partied with brothers or came with a bunch of girls that the brothers can play with.

i think it would be better for the guys to actually get their name out there and have a good rush so that they can establish a great brotherhood and not worry about the stereotypes. seriously the only way at my school guys choose which fraternity to join is by word of mouth.

i think it sucks bc i would love to see the brothers happier and see me happier also if u get my drift hehe
Old 08-22-2004, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

This is the second year my school is doing fraternity formal recruitment. Although it has been VASTLY different from the way we do it, I think so far the guys have been happy with the results.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

As CarolinaCutie pointed out, "...it [fraternity formal rush] has been vastly different from the way we [panhellenic] do it,..."

Not only is IFC (1) formal rush - for the most part - different than sorority formal rush, formal or structured (2) fraternity rush can be different campus to campus.

For example, some campuses refer to "formal rush" as the days or week that all the chapters hold open houses. Some refer to formal as PNMs just signing up to participate in going to houses. Some refer to formal as a structure series of events. As y'all can see, each of these are vastly different types of formal rush.

So when posting, if you happen to know more specifics regarding the campuses' fraternity rush, it would be greatly appreciated and helpful if you would include the specifics. It helps move the discussion forward.

(1) IFC = Interfraternity Council. Common name for the campus' fraternity governing council.

(2) The term "structured" is used in place of "formal" by some IFCs. Both terms are usually interchangeable.