GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,465
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, EmilOrtiz4
» Online Users: 1,780
3 members and 1,777 guests
AlphaSigSlay, Cookiez17, Rhubarb1954

Old 02-20-2001, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking I have a quick question

Hey! I have a quick question. I am in Sigma Alpha at LSU and our brother fraternity is Alpha Gamma Rho. Lately we have been having "issues" with each other. Most of the issues are very childish and should be able to be worked out quickly. The problem is that most of these issues stem from personal issues that members of Sigma Alpha and AGR. What I am wondering is should the two chapters get involved in a member's personal business? I love my sisters and would do anything for them but should the sorority get so involved that it causes problems with our brother fraternity? I would love to hear from everybody on this. If anybody has ANY suggestions on how we can get rid of all of the bad blood between us please let me know. Thanks so much!!

Allison

------------------
~A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition~
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-20-2001, 05:12 PM
Unregistered-

Exclamation

This sounds so familiar to me and my chapter.

"Issues" also arose within my chapter and our brother fraternity. Though rumors had been floating around about the situation, we decided that the best way to handle the situation was to handle it discreetly. Bad reputations were brewing and some of us spoke with our President before it had gotten out of hand. Even though this was of a personal nature, we felt that because it was affecting our Greek relations, chapter authority had to intervene. This way, the entire sorority was not involved, but the two people who could best discuss the situation with her (in my chapter, anyway) was our President and Advisor.

I don't know how the fraternity handled it, but thankfully everything's slowly becoming more civil.

I hope that I was of some help and I wish you luck with your Greek relations.
Old 02-20-2001, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LSUTigerGirl:
Hey! I have a quick question. I am in Sigma Alpha at LSU and our brother fraternity is Alpha Gamma Rho. Lately we have been having "issues" with each other. Most of the issues are very childish and should be able to be worked out quickly. The problem is that most of these issues stem from personal issues that members of Sigma Alpha and AGR. What I am wondering is should the two chapters get involved in a member's personal business? I love my sisters and would do anything for them but should the sorority get so involved that it causes problems with our brother fraternity? I would love to hear from everybody on this. If anybody has ANY suggestions on how we can get rid of all of the bad blood between us please let me know. Thanks so much!!

Allison

Is this guy-girl dating stuff? If so, the people involved in the relationship need to work it out within the relationship. If it's gone beyond that to members trashing the entire other sorority/fraternity, it might be time for the exec boards of both chapters to talk it out together.