GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,377
0 members and 1,377 guests
No Members online

Old 11-25-2022, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Howdy from South Texas

Howdy y'all.

Thank you for accepting me. I am a Gamma Phi Beta Alumna. I did not have a good experience in my initaition year and my big does not like me, unfortunately. I am 20 years older than the girls in my class. But I am glad I stuck it through.

I am a successful, professional woman who owns two businesses. One is selling health insurance to the elderly. This job is a gratifying job as I get to serve. Not only do I sell the insurance but I help them manuever in the public assistance world since I have 8 years of experience. My second job is my event planning business. I love putting things together and seeing them come to fruition. My largest even to-date is for my high school class reunion. I had 250 people attend total. It was a great success! I look forward to planning more events.

I am married to my "teddybear," James. This is our second marriage for both of us. I can not have children but he had 4. Two of whom we are both close to. I am a Mimi to his son's son, Easton. He is going to love dinosaurs... I just know it! Mimi loves dinosaurs and I look forward to taking him to various sites to check out the coolness of years long ago.

My James and I have 4 dogs, 4 cats, and 3 parakeets. He retired four years ago but returned last year on a part-time basis. We agreed, I won't post publically what his work is for my safety. I am proud of him!

My hobbies are pen palling with good old fashioned pen and paper. I collect stationary with matching envelops. I also collect teddybears and cat themed-tems. I love to travel. My husband and I are working on visiting all the State National Parks in Texas. Our favorite is Dinaosaur Valley in Glen Rose, TX. We love the history, the hiking, and just spending quality time together. We are foodies as well. We look for places to eat. He gets ideas from Daytripper, Texas Eats and another program we watch on television.

I have become more introverted as I get older. I love being in the limelight, however, I have stepped back to allow others the attention. I have PTSD from years of abuse and bullying. When I am around people I know and feel safe, I am actually quite outgoing.

I love Jesus! He is the reason for my existance. I define my leadership skills and relationships based on what I believe He wants from me. I am not a Bible-thumper, so please don't let this put anyone off. I believe Jesus wants us to simply accept and love one another. While I am not perfect, I do work to make this is a reality.

Well, I am an open book. Again, thank you for letting me join the forum.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-29-2022, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphibcat View Post
Howdy y'all.

Thank you for accepting me. I am a Gamma Phi Beta Alumna. I did not have a good experience in my initaition year and my big does not like me, unfortunately. I am 20 years older than the girls in my class. But I am glad I stuck it through.

I am a successful, professional woman who owns two businesses. One is selling health insurance to the elderly. This job is a gratifying job as I get to serve. Not only do I sell the insurance but I help them manuever in the public assistance world since I have 8 years of experience. My second job is my event planning business. I love putting things together and seeing them come to fruition. My largest even to-date is for my high school class reunion. I had 250 people attend total. It was a great success! I look forward to planning more events.

I am married to my "teddybear," James. This is our second marriage for both of us. I can not have children but he had 4. Two of whom we are both close to. I am a Mimi to his son's son, Easton. He is going to love dinosaurs... I just know it! Mimi loves dinosaurs and I look forward to taking him to various sites to check out the coolness of years long ago.

My James and I have 4 dogs, 4 cats, and 3 parakeets. He retired four years ago but returned last year on a part-time basis. We agreed, I won't post publically what his work is for my safety. I am proud of him!

My hobbies are pen palling with good old fashioned pen and paper. I collect stationary with matching envelops. I also collect teddybears and cat themed-tems. I love to travel. My husband and I are working on visiting all the State National Parks in Texas. Our favorite is Dinaosaur Valley in Glen Rose, TX. We love the history, the hiking, and just spending quality time together. We are foodies as well. We look for places to eat. He gets ideas from Daytripper, Texas Eats and another program we watch on television.

I have become more introverted as I get older. I love being in the limelight, however, I have stepped back to allow others the attention. I have PTSD from years of abuse and bullying. When I am around people I know and feel safe, I am actually quite outgoing.

I love Jesus! He is the reason for my existance. I define my leadership skills and relationships based on what I believe He wants from me. I am not a Bible-thumper, so please don't let this put anyone off. I believe Jesus wants us to simply accept and love one another. While I am not perfect, I do work to make this is a reality.

Well, I am an open book. Again, thank you for letting me join the forum.
Hi.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 12-21-2022, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Hello

I pray you have a better experience going forward.
Old 05-12-2023, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Positive intro!