GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,773
0 members and 1,773 guests
No Members online

Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

texas tech fraternity(as a minority)

Just like to say I am a minority(big time) here at Tech..I would say South Asian descent(nepalese) with a good dash of Iranian complexion.Weird makeup(people would say I am mexican/indian/persian/brazilian). Oh, don't mind the username, I chose that for no apparent reason whatsoever.

But anyways, I am kinda worried about rushing a fraternity here at Tech, I just don't know how it's gonna be. I am third year(transfer), very late but thought I would get a little more experience before I graduate and leave the States. Is it worth joining a fraternity as someone like me? I know I am not the average weight-lifting beer drinking country bro, but will I be ignored most of the time just because of I am not the typical guy on the picture?

One of my good friends is strongly against any fraternity/sorority, saying it's absolutely not worth my time( I am doing medicine, which does take a lot of time). Besides, he thinks it's only for bullies and not for internationals like me, since the culture change and alienation/ignorance will be too much (he's white).

Besides, what I am even gonna wear when I got to the fraternity rush? Can't really find anything on the website.

Hopefully some out here could give me good solid advice(preferably someone inside). I would be happy to get a great group of friends that I could trust and would be respectful of me..plus a little more experience to take with me when I leave the States.I know that personality is important, but I try to be as good as I can.

Last edited by andrew32; 01-16-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: little more info