GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,459
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, aolviatopz5295
» Online Users: 2,262
1 members and 2,261 guests
anetaelittle216

Old 07-17-2007, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
University of Rhode Island-Eta Zeta Zeta

Brothers, I am going to RI in October to attend the premiere of the documentary that I am supporting. www.41themovie.com

Does anyone know any current brothers from that chapter, as I want to try to contact the chapter to see if they have the space for a brother from out of town to spend 2 nights there during my visit. With me being so far from TN that weekend, I would feel more comfortable and safer staying with and among brothers during my stay there, if possible.

Thanks in advance, my brothers...

Yours in ZAX...

Roy
Zeta Phi 708

Last edited by ZetaPhi708; 07-17-2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added 2 words.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-17-2007, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Rhode Island is a safe state, but if you really want to stay with some brothers and can't find any RI, Boston is a very short drive.

Also, while you are in town, Cole's grave is very close to RI.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

This may sound silly, but have you tried their web site!

Remember, you owe me the next call!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 07-18-2007, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Yep, I went to the website and got their street address but there are not any email addresses for the High Alpha or the High Pi for me to contact. I am working getting the chapter house phone number from national directory information or from the university.

Also, does anyone know any brothers from that chapter also?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

The Chapter website is www.lambdachiuri.com and the rush page has the phone number for the High Delta, Ryan Pacific.

Their house is a former governor's mansion, so my guess is it would be big enough to have room for you.

ZAX,
Eric

Last edited by Eric_Berger; 07-19-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Brother Roy if You can hook up with either of these Brothers it would be awesome as they both are!

Eric is almost as Mature as I am (?) and well, you know GammaZeta!

He and I are a lot alike!

Rebels! Oh, He is younger of course!

Home phone when You get a chance!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 07-19-2007, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Berger View Post
The Chapter website is www.lambdachiuri.com and the rush page has the phone number for the High Delta, Ryan Pacific.

Their house is a former governor's mansion, so my guess is it would be big enough to have room for you.

ZAX,
Eric
Thanks. brothers......I went to our website ( www.lambdachi.org ) and found a phone number for the chapter...guess I could have gone there in the first place LMAO...
Old 07-19-2007, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Roy, I have to ask, what is your connection with the Station tragedy?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Completely fair question, Gamma..

Back last fall, I was doing some legal research for one of my classes on criminally negligent homicide and I came across some news stories about the owners of the club and the band manager, about their convictions/pleadings for their role in the tragedy.

I then came across the preview/trailer for the documentary 41 on youtube and was moved by the preview. That led me to the book "41 Signs of Hope" by Dave Kane, Nick O'Neill's father; and I also started corresponding via email with one of the film's directors. I have been doing volunteer work helping promote the film via the internet ( the filmmakers added me to the "Thanks to.." section at the end of the film for my help ) and I am trying to get the film booked for a Southeast premiere in Chattanooga in the spring of 2008. I am also a regular donor now to the Station Fire Memorial Foundation, which is trying to buy the land where the Station once stood and build a memorial building honoring those affected by the tragedy that occurred.

If any brothers ( or any other members of the Greek community ) in the area around RI wish to attend the film's premiere in RI in October with me, feel free to PM me and I will send you the details.

Here is my mini-review on imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1053792/usercomments

and a short synopsis from the film's website www.41thmovie.com

In the winter of 2003, a catastrophic fire erupted in a Rhode Island concert club, ultimately claiming 100 lives. For this state of just over a million residents, the devastation was profound, leaving unanswered questions and deep scars in its wake. But out of the ashes of the tragedy arose an equally profound story of hope. One year after the fire, a community theatre in the small city of Woonsocket gathered together to perform a play written by the fire's youngest victim close to the end of his life - a play that many felt could only be described as prophetic. In turn heartwarming and heartbreaking, 41 tells the remarkable story of Nicky O'Neill, the young actor, writer and musician who left the world at age 18 but who left behind a message of deep spiritual importance that has already inspired thousands. Co-directed by Christian DeRezendes and Nicky's older brother Christian O'Neill, 41 weaves together the story of a beautiful life cut short with the saga of a community in mourning and a family finding its way out of the darkness. Written by Chris O'Neill.

Last edited by ZetaPhi708; 07-20-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added an intro and a film synopsis and change a date