GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 988
3 members and 985 guests
indygphib, PGD-GRAD

Old 04-13-2013, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Fate?

I’ve had this question on my find for a few days now and wanted some different opinions on the situation. People always say “what is meant to be will be” or “What is for you cannot be not for you” (or something like that). With that being said, how do you determine that it is not in the cards for you to be a member of XYZ organization? Just curious.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Never mind...I am losing my mind and thought you were asking about something else. Hopefully you will get some insight here!

Last edited by greekdee; 04-14-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdee View Post
If you're talking sorority/fraternity membership, the first and only clue some people need is to not receive a bid. That is their indicator that it "isn't meant to be" and they move on to find an organization that IS right for them. This usually proves to be the wise choice, especially at schools where recruitment is competitive and re-rushing is usually not successful.
Judging by where she posted the question, she's probably talking about membership in AKA.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Holy Smokes! That is the second time in a week or so that I've done this -- missed the name of the forum they were asking in. I need a vacation.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalbeauty View Post
I’ve had this question on my find for a few days now and wanted some different opinions on the situation. People always say “what is meant to be will be” or “What is for you cannot be not for you” (or something like that). With that being said, how do you determine that it is not in the cards for you to be a member of XYZ organization? Just curious.
Sorry, I'm curious. What does that mean??

Old 04-14-2013, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
With that being said, how do you determine that it is not in the cards for you to be a member of XYZ organization? Just curious.
When you're not invited to join after going through official rush activities for that organization.

What is meant to be will be simply means that you can't control the outcome of where life takes you. Give things a try, and move on when they don't work out. If you aren't invited to the sorority, find another way to make a meaningful contribution of your time with another student organization.

Last edited by adpiucf; 04-14-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If you are referring to membership in an NPHC organization (I am a member of one; so are several of our national board members), you will likely encounter many men and women who have one or more letters of rejection under their belt before they made it in.

Find a member who takes an interest in your interest. Have these conversations with her.