GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,054
3 members and 1,051 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, indygphib

Old 05-24-2010, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Summer Rush

Im going to be a freshman at a SEC school next year and im intersted in rushing. I have seen that summer rush is pretty important. My question is, how do you get invited to these? Im instate and about 3 hours away.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:47 PM

Have you registered for recruitment through the UT website? If not, you need to do this. Once you are registered, the chapters will be given your name and will begin to contact you. Good luck. Come back in the fall and let us know which house you pledged.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 05-28-2010, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Have you registered for recruitment through the UT website? If not, you need to do this. Once you are registered, the chapters will be given your name and will begin to contact you. Good luck. Come back in the fall and let us know which house you pledged.
Others can correct me, but to my knowledge the chapters will probably not contact you if the rush is large enough (which, if you mean the University of Tennesse... then it is). We have NEVER cold-called someone for summer-rush parties. We meet the rushees through various ways (friends, the summer orientation thing, etc) but not contacting through recruitment lists.

I don't want to speak for everyone, we're just one chapter but I sincerely doubt that many fraternities go straight from a list to contact people.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 05-28-2010, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Elephant walk makes a good point. I don't know how UTs recruitment system works, but I could imagine the more competitive it is, the less the Fraternities will rely on that sort of thing.

On the flipside... It certainly won't hurt your chances to contact the IFC.

If I were you I would contact the Greek Life Office. Search for it on your school's website. Let them know that you are interested in going through recruitment and they will probably give you the best possible information.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Others can correct me, but to my knowledge the chapters will probably not contact you if the rush is large enough (which, if you mean the University of Tennesse... then it is). We have NEVER cold-called someone for summer-rush parties. We meet the rushees through various ways (friends, the summer orientation thing, etc) but not contacting through recruitment lists.

I don't want to speak for everyone, we're just one chapter but I sincerely doubt that many fraternities go straight from a list to contact people.
None of the chapters at LSU cold-called?

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)