GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,284
0 members and 1,284 guests
No Members online

Old 06-15-2004, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Ole mIss

I was just curious about how long the chapter at Ole Miss has been there? Is anyone from the chapter on here?
Old 06-15-2004, 06:26 AM
GreekChat Member

One of the founding members of Delta Rho chapter (Ole Miss) is a member of our alumnae association. She received her 50 year pin within the past 5 years or so, so that would make the chapter over 50 years old.

Sorry for being so imprecise! I know that there are a couple of Delta Rho ladies here who will be able to give more accurate information.

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Tradition of Leadership

Old 06-15-2004, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a Delta Rho Kappa. My chapter was founded on March 15, 1947.

My big sister's mom was one of the charter members. Her mom's dad (my big sister's g'dad--thought all the feminine references were a little confusing!) was the architect for our house. How cool is that?!?

Sorry for the delay in answering. I've been at Hilton Head Island for a little vacation, so I'm just now getting back to GC.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

hmmm

Well I was on greekpages.com and KKG is not listed on the Ole Miss sororities. KKG doesn't have a website on the olemiss.edu site either.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:05 PM

http://www.olemiss.edu/orgs/kkg/ - the site is under construction.

Greek Pages is by no means a complete or official listing of all Greek orgs at every campus. I just checked 3 colleges close to me, and none of them had all the orgs listed. Plus many of the sites on Greek Pages are for dormant chapters as well.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, S.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I've posted this elsewhere, but if you go to the Ole Miss site and do a search for "Kappa Kappa Gamma", links on the website come up as well as other matches. However, the info on the site is outdated. I hope my sisters will update the info soon!!! Have no fear though, Kappa Kappa Gamma is alive and doing VERY well at the University of Mississippi!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: hmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by dallasdoll
Well I was on greekpages.com and KKG is not listed on the Ole Miss sororities. KKG doesn't have a website on the olemiss.edu site either.
dallasdoll, I just visited the Ole Miss site, went to "Organizations," clicked on "Sororities and Fraternities," and wanted you to know that KKG is listed there. I've never been to greekpages.com, so I can't vouch for its info. As previously mentioned, the chapter site is under construction. I know it is frustrating when you're trying to find info and can't.

Will you be going through recruitment at Ole Miss in the fall?
Old 06-17-2004, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

bump

Sorry to intrude on the Kappa forum, however I work with one of the KKG advisors here at Ole Miss and KKG is working on getting a new website up and running.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

My little sister may be going to Ole Miss in the fall. I think Kappa is a great organization, and I wanted to find out all the facts for her before she goes through rush. I think any sorority at Ole Miss would be a great choice though. We are both legacies of another sorority that isn't a part of the Ole Miss greek system though. I know rush at Ole Miss is die hard and serious. Sororities are a BIG deal there. Do you guys have an advice for her?
Old 06-17-2004, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dallasdoll
My little sister may be going to Ole Miss in the fall. I think Kappa is a great organization, and I wanted to find out all the facts for her before she goes through rush. I think any sorority at Ole Miss would be a great choice though. We are both legacies of another sorority that isn't a part of the Ole Miss greek system though. I know rush at Ole Miss is die hard and serious. Sororities are a BIG deal there. Do you guys have an advice for her?
There are quite a few great threads in the Rush forum that give good advice on going through Recruitment at a large Southern school. Those would be the best help!

Good luck to your sister. All the sororities at Ole Miss are fantastic.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OleMissGlitter
bump

Sorry to intrude on the Kappa forum, however I work with one of the KKG advisors here at Ole Miss and KKG is working on getting a new website up and running.
Thanks for the good news!!!
Old 09-25-2004, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OleMissGlitter
bump

The new site looks great! I can't for them to update the info with the names of their Fall 2004 new members!
Old 09-28-2004, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
I was in Oxford over the weekend during rush and all I know is that they made quota. not sure about numbers. Quota was 80.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

For a list of the most complete chapter websites you can go to http://www.dmoz.org/Society/Organiza...a_Kappa_Gamma/