GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Gamma > Gamma Phi Beta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,366
0 members and 1,366 guests
No Members online

Old 09-08-2004, 12:40 AM
luautina

Georgia Tech. I have read in their newspaper in the past that one local wanted to go National about 2-3 years ago. I think if GT were to open for expansion ( I don't think they are now), Gamma Phi might be good. With the UGA chapter about 2 hours away, and Auburn, Clemson, and UA nearby--it could work.

Any news on the USC colonization?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-08-2004, 04:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't forget SPSU, which is only about 20 minutes away. And Athens is only about an hour away. (c:

It could work, IMO. But I'm not sure that Gamma Phi expands using local sororities anymore.

Last edited by kk_bama; 09-08-2004 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: New Orleans. Or pure unpenetrable evil, depending on what I feel like at the moment.
Send a message via AIM to GPhiLlama Send a message via Yahoo to GPhiLlama
Isn't there an inactive chapter at LA State? I think that my cousin's FMIL initiated in that chapter, because she helped colonize ours.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiLlama
Isn't there an inactive chapter at LA State? I think that my cousin's FMIL initiated in that chapter, because she helped colonize ours.
Yup, Gamma Lambda 1964 -1977. The housing corp. held on to the property until the early 1990's and then they sold the house to Sigma Phi Epsilon. It's still a very pretty 3-story house.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to FlipperBD24
Gamma Phis in the South

I just moved to Arkansas from Idaho (where there's not a lot of Gamma Phi houses, but at least there's some). I would love to see some sort of alumnae organization start up somewhere around here! I live right by the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville and greek life is big here. It would be nice to see Gamma Phi here! I would love to help out as much as possible.!
Old 02-26-2005, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphibsar
Any chapter in Kentucky please!!!! At Morehead State, we are the only chapter in Kentucky and the closest chapter is 2 and a half hours away in Miami (OH). I would love to see the UK chapter recolonize, but anywhere (UofL, WKU, EKU, Georgetown, Transylvania, NKU) would help us so much!!! It makes me sad when Chi Omega has States Day every year with all of their chapters from the State meeting and we are the only chapter in our state. I would love to see more Gamma Phi Chapters in the South, it would help our recognition out so much.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

University of California San Diego

California State University San Marcos

If we got those two, we'd totally have the San Diego market covered. We'd be like the Gamma Phi Mafia.

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 03-16-2005, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Tears in my eyes

As I was reading this thread I teared up... I wish Beta Beta were back (Univ of Maryland) I am hoping that before my biological sisters go to college it will be back. Heres to hoping!
In IIKE
Megan
Old 03-17-2005, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
Quote:
Originally posted by navane
University of California San Diego

California State University San Marcos

If we got those two, we'd totally have the San Diego market covered. We'd be like the Gamma Phi Mafia.

.....Kelly
All of California is a Gamma Phi Mafia... I think Province 16 (A and B combined) is the largest Province still (could be wrong now)... now it's just a matter of increasing involved members and alumnae!

It would be really cool to get CSUSM and UCSD though... the four major Universities in San Diego... wow.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gphiangel624
All of California is a Gamma Phi Mafia... I think Province 16 (A and B combined) is the largest Province still (could be wrong now)... now it's just a matter of increasing involved members and alumnae!

It would be really cool to get CSUSM and UCSD though... the four major Universities in San Diego... wow.
And 16 doesn't cover all of CA even. Northern CA is in 13.....
Old 03-24-2005, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to gpb1874
i'd like to see the UT chapter re-colonize. there are still tons of alum around! even here in corpus christi (3 hours away) we have about 10 alums. now, they are all well towards their fifty-year pin (one already has it), but they would be willing to help out and would be soooooo happy. since we have one at A&M now, it would be fun to see the UT group re-colonize.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:49 AM
luautina

Those of us who wanted to see more GPhi representation in the south...Emory Panhellenic invited Gamma Phi Beta to colonize!

So so so happy for a chapter in my hometown! When I went to the local greek apparel store, the girl at the register mentioned how few people come in for Gamma Phi apparel...now that is about to change
Old 03-25-2005, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

that's great news! go gamma phi!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm terribly biased . . .but Gamma Chi at Texas State University! When we went off , we were all sent a letter stating that we would be recolonizing in 2000 - but since then, nothing. It's the third largest public university in Texas! I do know that AOII went on - and then off - since 2000. I don't know what's up, but would love to know (especially since I'm organizing a reunion for 1980 - 1990 initiates, and THEY all want to know!)
Old 03-13-2007, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
I'm terribly biased . . .but Gamma Chi at Texas State University! When we went off , we were all sent a letter stating that we would be recolonizing in 2000 - but since then, nothing. It's the third largest public university in Texas! I do know that AOII went on - and then off - since 2000. I don't know what's up, but would love to know (especially since I'm organizing a reunion for 1980 - 1990 initiates, and THEY all want to know!)

a couple of my alums (i'm the crescent circle chair, that's why i say "my") went to SWT. I have not heard of the campus even talking about expansion, so I'm not sure that will happen any time soon.

BUT...we are moving up in Texas! In case you haven't heard, we are colonizing at TCU in fall and presenting at UTSA in about 2 weeks. That would be awesome! I would love to have another collegiate chapter only 2 1/2 hours away! Right now, A&M is 4 hours and SMU is ~5 hours away. There is a chapter here at A&M-Corpus Christi. UNT is also open and we have submitted a packet, but I haven't heard anything more.