GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Pi > Pi Beta Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,087
1 members and 1,086 guests
Sarak24034

Old 06-22-2019, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

E. Jean Carroll - Pi Beta Phi (advise columnist/journalist)

I had a subscription to Elle Magazine in its 1st year and several years after.
E. Jean Carroll was the advise columnist for many years. She is a sage. I also lived in NYC in this era. I believe her completely because it was common knowledge. I was warned about Trump and (thankfully) chose to stay away.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/06/donal...deous-men.html
Old 06-22-2019, 06:02 AM
GreekChat Member

She is no longer a member of Pi Beta Phi, and hasn't been one for more than three, perhaps even four, decades.

Last edited by nyapbp; 06-22-2019 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Additional thought
Old 06-22-2019, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

/swerve

This "issue" of former members brings up a sticky point for me. When a woman resigns her membership (or is removed from membership - whatever), yet continues to report her affiliation, as in "I was a Theta but I dropped" that really annoys me. I'm black and white in my thinking on this. When your membership ends, that's it. Period. No more "former". No more associating yourself with the letters, even in the sense of "I was... but I resigned/quit/blah blah blah " for any reason.

No. Nope. Uh-uh. You are DONE, take the affiliation out of your bio, please.

Feel free to share your opinion, this is just mine.

Not interested in discussing the validity of any claims. I got stuff to do, and I hate speculating.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 06-22-2019, 03:42 PM

If you are using it as a professional stepping stone then yes, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

E Jean Carroll didn’t say in this article what sorority she was once a member of. She said she wished to pledge Pi Phi or KKG. She may say more in the book, but I won’t be reading that any time soon.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
If you are using it as a professional stepping stone then yes, I agree with you wholeheartedly.
I agree with this completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
E Jean Carroll didn’t say in this article what sorority she was once a member of. She said she wished to pledge Pi Phi or KKG. She may say more in the book, but I won’t be reading that any time soon.
Additionally, this is an excerpt of a memoir. If someone wants to mention or even write about their experiences while they were a GLO member, that is their right and part of their life story. It doesn't mean that the person is trying to pass themselves off as a current member.