GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,379
1 members and 1,378 guests
FSUZeta

Old 02-04-2009, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Bumping because I like this thread.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

What a fun thread this has been to read! I'm glad it got a bump.

I started college at 17 and didn't really know what a sorority was... I was the first member of my family who lived in Texas to go to college, and I'm pretty sure none of my extended family outside Texas ever went Greek.

So basing my answer on being 17, and on the very first sorority member I ever got to know well (who was my RA on my dorm floor that first year and was truly one of the nicest people I met during my college days), I'd have to say that if I'd gone Greek then, I might be a proud sister of Alpha Chi Omega today! My favorite color is red and I was a music major when I started college, so I was drawn to them a bit.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
Probably ZTA since that's what my mom was and I love their philanthropy.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

For reasons of vanity, Theta, because their initials are the same as mine. Seriously, though, I did attend their presentation to expand on our campus when I was an advisor, and it was head and shoulders above the others we saw, just outstandingly classy. I think they must have been first choice on all the ballots as we voted among five groups.

Maybe also ZTA as a fellow Farmville Four. They seem quite a bit like KD.

But they all sound great, except for one that I have reservations about. I know that's not in the Panhellenic spirit, but it's for a good reason.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

If I had known at 18 that my grandmother was in a sorority (she was hospitalized when I entered college and died at winter break my freshman year), I would have wanted to join an AXO chapter to share that bond with her.

AXOs four values are strong and although I never got the musical gene from that side of the family, I do look good in red!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

If I couldn't be an A-Phi I'd probably choose Kappa Kappa Gamma. They were the other house I went to on Pref and it was really tough to put them as my number 2, but in the end I'm glad I Pref'd Alpha Phi as my number 1!

The other one I'm really interested in is Gamma Phi Beta. I've met quite a few of them and they all have been super sweet girls. I think I'd fit in really well in thier house!

That was a good question!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
Although it was not an option when I was an undergraduate (they have since come to campus), I would choose DG. I have never met a DG I have not adored. Having served on our NPC delegation in the 1990s, we sat next to them in row and each and everyone one was gracious, knowledgeable and lovely. I learned a lot during that period in my life!

Oh, I just remembered, during my first consultant visit for DPhiE, I was at Syracuse to help with recruitment and they lived next door. I am a "Delta Gamma, that's what I ama" still sticks in my head!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

If Phi Mu wasn't an option, I'd still want to be a Macon Magnolia , so it would be ADPi. I LOVE their badge and colors and I just love Alphie

There were 3 other sororites on my campus, Chi O, Tri-Delt and AOPi, and I just couldn't imagine myself at ANY of those because of campus-specific associations I have with those chapters.

My other choices would probably be Alpha Xi Delta because their crest looks so similar to Phi Mu's or Delta Zeta because I LOVE pink and green and turtles.

This was a tough question! Great thread!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

What a fun and interesting thread!

It's really hard for me to think back to when I was 18, so my choices are influenced by women I've known and what I've researched. Here they are, in no particular order:

Kappa Kappa Gamma - I love their colors (similar to ours!), love their symbols (especially their badge), and I like that fact that, as someone else pointed out, our founding members considered joining them before starting AXiD.

Kappa Delta - All of the KD's I've known have been so classy and are just the nicest and most helpful ladies. I love all of the organizations they're involved with, and green is my favorite color

Zeta Tau Alpha - Out of all the philanthropies, I think I like theirs the best. I keep learning of more and more people I know who are affected by it. And I love the crown.

Theta Phi Alpha - I have no idea why, but for some reason I really strongly identify with this sorority. I just get a good feeling about them - even though I have never met one and we didn't have a chapter at my alma mater. And I just love their creed - so beautiful.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Alpha Theta - One summer I met a Theta who had resigned her membership and was very bitter, and she told me one of Theta's "secrets" that happened in their ritual. As shocked as I was that she would tell me that, it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard. I have never told anybody what she told me, but from a ritualistic standpoint I think it's jaw-droppingly beautiful so I admire them a lot.

Delta Gamma - From purely superficial reasons, I think they have a lot of fun stuff. Their nautical theme, anchors, the little DG hand sign that the members make...from a philanthropic reason, I LOVE that Anchor Splash is usually the biggest sorority philanthropy at most schools they are at.

Kappa Kappa Gamma - I attended pref there and they were my second choice. I love how classy of an organization they are, and they seem to uphold their class at all the schools I am familiar with.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

It's interesting to me that some of my Alpha Phi sisters said they would like to be Kappa Kappa Gammas if they weren't Phis, because if I wasn't a Phi, I could see myself very at-home in Kappa, mostly because one of my best friends is a Kappa, and everything I know of the organization from her is so positive.

I also admire Delta Delta Delta a lot, because every single Tri Delta I've ever known is a complete class act and a genuine woman with her heart in the right place.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 PM

If I had rushed back when I was 18, I probably would have made a decision based on colors and liked Phi Mu or Kappa Kappa Gamma.

In terms of programming and such, I'd have to go with Alpha Delta Pi, Kappa Kappa Gamma, or Tri Delta.

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I would select one of the Ole Miss Chapters so that I could have an active role as an alum. My choice would be between Chi Omega b/c I love Make a Wish and Kappa Alpha Theta because of CASA. It would be difficult to choose between either organization because both have outstanding reputations. However, since I have not seen any one select Chi Omega on this thread I will go with Chi O.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
As a Phi Mu, I'd keep it in the family and choose ADPi.

If not them then DeeGee or Zeta. Then Tri Delta, Theta, or Tri Sigma or AOII. All are strong nationally and have colors, symbols, or in the case of the last two, local chapters that I saw myself in before and during recruitment.

Last edited by BabyPiNK_FL; 01-05-2010 at 02:48 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I would pick Zeta Tau Alpha for semi-superficial reasons. I love their colors and symbols. I also love their philanthropy and every Zeta girl I know (so many from my high school) are classy, smart women.

Picking from the sororities on my campus, I would have to pick Tri Delta, because I love their open motto and the Tri Deltas that I know are fun and they have a great sisterhood