GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,541
0 members and 2,541 guests
No Members online

Old 10-16-2005, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

kansas13, the dress is amazing! I actually want color in my dress too since white/cream/ecru/etc... all make me so washed out. I figure a splash of color will help.

First choice dress

I want a tiara, this may be overkill, but it's pretty anyway.

My second choice is this one because I like the colors available (hot pink is great and all, but I want navy or dark green). The "attractive" mannequin rather detracts from the dress.... The back of the dress is pretty nice too.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by PM_Mama00
I've heard that really does work! I couldn't remember which Saint it was tho. I'm going to try it when I get home. Is there a certain prayer?
My sister told me to say, "St. Anthony, St. Anthony please come around. Something is lost and can't be found."

She has found so many things saying this.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

We always said:

Baby Jesus, lost and found
Please make my lost ______ come around.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UofISigKap
kansas13, the dress is amazing! I actually want color in my dress too since white/cream/ecru/etc... all make me so washed out. I figure a splash of color will help.

First choice dress

Your 1st choice w/the tiara is gorgeous! My birthstone is blue sapphire, so I've always been partial to dark/navy blues. I think that the tiara and that dress will look magnificient.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

First choice dress

Thanks!! When I looked at your dress I thought it looked familiar and then I realized it is made by the same designer that made mine, Bonny, she makes ALOT of dresses with different colors. I noticed that you went to U of I, are you in the Chicagoland area? There are only a couple of bridal shops that carry Bonny around here. I got mine downtown on Rush street, but there is also a place in Rockford too.
I do not think that the tiara is overkill, mine had little red jewels in it too to match my dress.

Kappa Delta Sorority

Sigma Alpha Iota Music Fraternity
Old 10-17-2005, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Nope, I used to live in the Chicago area, but am in Virginia now. I would probably go back to shop for my dress though. Not that I need to find a dress yet, but when I shopped with my friends around here, I was less than impressed. (Funny that it was the same designer for the dresses!)
Old 10-17-2005, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No, no, no....

THIS is overkill:

The one you linked to is really cute. It probably isn't more than 1.25 inches high, so I don't think it would be overkill? That's just my opinion though.. I love tiaras own a ton of them

Last edited by texas*princess; 10-17-2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by texas*princess
No, no, no....

THIS is overkill:

WHOA! Okay, I was just thinking overkill because of too much blue, but THAT is insane! Why didn't gucci or hoochie bride wear that? I think it would have added something.
Quote:
Originally posted by AznSAE
is it gucci or is it hoochie?

go to http://www.kiddlive.com/ShowPics/showpics.html and click on the photo on the left side.
I was curious if anyone else went with the added color on the dress. Anyone? anyone??
Old 10-17-2005, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I was curious if anyone else went with the added color on the dress. Anyone? anyone??
I love your first choice on the added color. Dark navy/midnight blue is my favorite color. It's a subtle splash of color and a great alternative to all-white. The back of the dress is beautiful. The tiara you chose would work well with the dress.

I've never been a fan of the dress that ties in the back as in choice number two. It's a challenge to make the bow just right.

If your tiara is the height of a small toddler then that's too much. If hoochie/gucci bride wore that tiara, she'd topple over.

Last edited by wrigley; 10-17-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
WHOA! Okay, I was just thinking overkill because of too much blue, but THAT is insane! Why didn't gucci or hoochie bride wear that? I think it would have added something.

LOL @ gucci or hoochie

I think the splash of color on the dress looks really nice!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by texas*princess
No, no, no....

THIS is overkill:

The one you linked to is really cute. It probably isn't more than 1.25 inches high, so I don't think it would be overkill? That's just my opinion though.. I love tiaras own a ton of them
That looks like something a gay bishop would wear!

Seriously, I do know that there is a place in Chicagoland where they make the tiara personally for each client! I'm trying to think of the name, but I can see the place in my mind - near Naperville, I think.

I went to one wedding there, and I really wish I had a photo available of her dress (and you know I'll be looking for it!). It was ivory satin, with deep rose and sage green appliques along the neckline, hem and "sleeves". It was truly the most beautiful and different wedding dress I had ever seen! The only problem with it was that there weren't any buttons or such to hold up the train so that she could dance. It had an almost medieval look about it, very elegant! Oh, for her headdress, she wore a wreath of flowers that matched the dress, with crystals woven into it, and ribbons down the back. As I said, very different!

I also like the color in a dress, or at least the flowers. The bride really shouldn't be confused with the Pillsbury doughboy's girlfriend!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
Seriously, I do know that there is a place in Chicagoland where they make the tiara personally for each client! I'm trying to think of the name, but I can see the place in my mind - near Naperville, I think.
I got a tiara from Accessory to a Wedding, I think. The place I went was on Lincoln (in Chicago) and when I google Accessory to a Wedding, it comes up on Webster. Either they moved or I'm getting the name wrong. Anyway, the tiara was by Paris and it was custom-made, so I got to pick out the metal and the crystals. OMGORGEOUS. I'm trying to make up occasions to wear it, seriously.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

What a fun thread, wish I had found it sooner.

Here is my dream dress...

To bad its like $3000-$6000. A girl can dream though

This next one's a little more on the "realistic" side (LOL)

On to Vera Wang...

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-18-2005, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Quote:
Originally posted by ASUADPi
What a fun thread, wish I had found it sooner.

Here is my dream dress...

To bad its like $3000-$6000. A girl can dream though

This next one's a little more on the "realistic" side (LOL)

On to Vera Wang...

The first dress is a little intense, but still very beautiful.

I love the second one. Who's the designer?

Vera Wang's gowns are always beautiful. The first one reminds me of one of the dresses Julia Roberts wore in "Runaway Bride".

If and when I get married, I want either a fall or winter wedding.

This is the dress I want: http://www.youlinnewyork.com/y67.html
Old 10-18-2005, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream

My sister's wedding gown. It's very pretty and sparkly. Her wedding is in one month.

I'm wearing this as her Maid of Honor. The back is really beautiful, but I don't have a picture to post.