GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,409
1 members and 2,408 guests
Xidelt

Old 05-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Banned

VH1's Single Ladies

Premiered tonight. It is not reality television. It is a drama-something produced by Flavor Unit Entertainment (Queen Latifah's company).

I actually liked it. The drama began in the first scene. VH1 hired every Black celeb or whatever they could find to make an appearance. This was a dramatic episode. I could see this show lasting a while as long as they don't become too HBO or Skinemax for VH1.

It was fun watching this episode in a two-gender environment. It sparked some interesting and amusing discussion and debate.

Did anyone see it tonight?

http://www.vh1.com/shows/single_ladies/series.jhtml

Last edited by DrPhil; 05-30-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-30-2011, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I did! I knew you would be watching. I like it. There were some surprises that I didn't anticipate so that's good writing I guess. I'll have to watch it again though before I give my 2 cents on everything.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Banned

Rhoyaltempest, I was waiting for you to post.

Spoiler alert/

Sooooo, the man in our group was mad at Stacey Dash for trying to pull the ultimatum in the beginning. I agree that Dash shouldn't have done it in front of everyone. But, the conversation actually should've begun before year 5.

Then for him to get engaged to Lauren(sp) London(sp)? Crazy. Then for Dash to sex him...and sex him raw...after all of that....

Yeah, a whoooooole lot happened in this episode. That's not even the half of what happened to ONE character. This is definitely better than the newest season of The Game. LOL.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I heard Queen Latifah talking about this show. It's supposed to be a mini-series that turns into a movie or something.

I caught the first 2 minutes or so, but not much more. Guess I'll need to make an effort to see the rest.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Premiered tonight. It is not reality television. It is a drama-something produced by Flavor Unit Entertainment (Queen Latifah's company).

I actually liked it. The drama began in the first scene. VH1 hired every Black celeb or whatever they could find to make an appearance. This was a dramatic episode. I could see this show lasting a while as long as they don't become too HBO or Skinemax for VH1.

It was fun watching this episode in a two-gender environment. It sparked some interesting and amusing discussion and debate.

I've seen it. So far, it's pretty good. I'll continued to watch it before I give my opinion on it.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I liked it. Can see it going either way with future episodes, though - might get really good, might get really trashy.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

i'm meh on stacy dash and dont particularly care for lisa raye - so i wasnt initially interested.

however, i'm gonna have to catch a rerun... i LOVE charity shea! (although im still kinda pissed that "the best years" just fell off the face of the earth).
Old 06-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

I now know where I remember Lisa Raye's rich love interest, Malcolm, from. D.B. Woodside who played Melvin Franklin on The Temptations. He's also known from "24" but I never watched "24."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0940851/

He's a lot thicker and more muscular now but his voice is the exact same. I was like "I know that voice." He's also Golden Brooks' significant other (or was?) and they have a child together.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned

Val: The least interesting of the characters. The most exciting thing is having customers who don't pay? Christina will handle that.

Keisha: I was happy to see Rick Fox and amused to find that Malcolm tried to set Keisha up. Keisha was mad that Malcolm didn't call after hittin' it. He claims he was busy but he really just didn't want to call. LOL. And you can't blame him for not trusting her watch stealing ass.

April: One of the many mistresses of Mayor Common. I was so happy when his wife (Pilar Sanders' character) called April out. I wonder how April and her hubby's counseling will go. He needs to cancel that beyotch.

This show has now replaced my love for The Game. I stopped watching The Game because its new season sucks sucks sucks. It will get canceled forever this time. The previous season is still cool in addition to Girlfriends.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs down

Quote:

I was channel surfing when I saw it.
worst.show.ever.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
worst.show.ever.

No, no, that honor belongs to me.

Sincerely,
House of Payne (or as someone glossed it "House of Painful")
~ Luke 19:10
Old 06-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
No, no, that honor belongs to me.

Sincerely,
House of Payne (or as someone glossed it "House of Painful")
lol
Old 07-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Banned

Tonight's episode is a good one.

There's a new actor playing Stacey Dash's ex. The first actor was better looking.

D.B. Woodside is handsome to me. I like how he and Lisa Raye dropped off the face of the Earth together. I like that he came to Raye's job to apologize and explain about what happened at the family brunch.

Last edited by DrPhil; 07-18-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Tonight's episode is a good one.

There's a new actor playing Stacey Dash's ex. The first actor was better looking.

D.B. Woodside is handsome to me. I like how he and Lisa Raye dropped off the face of the Earth together. I like that he came to Raye's job to apologize and explain about what happened at the family brunch.
What do you mean there's a new actor playing Stacey Dash's ex? That was the same dude.

And I found D.B. Woodside to be handsome since the Temptations movie. Girl, foine!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyaltempest View Post
What do you mean there's a new actor playing Stacey Dash's ex? That was the same dude.

And I found D.B. Woodside to be handsome since the Temptations movie. Girl, foine!
My bad. Either I'm going crazy or Timon Kyle (who plays Quinn) looks different with the thicker beard. He needs to get his beard back to the way it was in the first 2 episodes.

D.B. Woodside is a hottie. Definitely worth watching.

I like this show. I hope they give it a chance and don't cancel it. I won't go on my rant about the tons of shows on all of these networks that I've never heard of, have never watched, and don't get the most viewers--yet they remain on aire for quite some time. Let me see more Black folks on television who aren't fighting on reality television or yelling for Tyler Perry.