GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,100
1 members and 1,099 guests
Low D Flat

Old 12-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
I agree the dress is ugly, but I think she's wearing it rather well. How does it not fit well?
I think the dress looks good on her. I don't like the eye on the breast but I would not have guessed it was an Angry Birds dress if I was not told that it was. I would have thought it was a pattern since an Angry Bird gown is the last thing I would expect.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry....what?

http://news.yahoo.com/man-tried-247-...165607848.html

Quote:
A Czech national was nabbed in Argentina for trying to board a transatlantic flight with 247 live animals including poisonous snakes and endangered reptiles packed in a bulging suitcase, reports said Monday.

The man identified as Karel Abelovsky, 51, was caught while trying to board a flight for Madrid when shocked baggage X-ray technicians and staff at the Iberia Airlines desk at Ezeiza Airport in greater Buenos Aires noticed "organic substances moving inside," local media reported.

When they opened the bag, they found more than 200 reptiles and mollusks, among them nine species of poisonous snakes including South American pitvipers, packed in clear plastic containers.
I. Would. DIE. Pitvipers?? As much as I love snakes, there is NO WAY I would keep my cool if they got loose in the airport somehow...and the article says some of them died from oxygen deprivation. I feel so badly for those poor animals. I can pity and be scared at the same time.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 12-27-2011, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
^^^I kept on thinking about the movie Snakes on the Plane
Old 12-27-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I. Would. DIE. Pitvipers?? As much as I love snakes, there is NO WAY I would keep my cool if they got loose in the airport somehow...and the article says some of them died from oxygen deprivation. I feel so badly for those poor animals. I can pity and be scared at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
^^^I kept on thinking about the movie Snakes on the Plane
"I have had it with these motherf***ing snakes on this motherf***ing plane!"
Old 01-22-2012, 02:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Company Offeres to Donate 1,000 Dildos for Military Wives

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817...obref=obinsite

I'll give a synopsis since a) the article was a little confusing and b) I think I have to physically type it out to believe it.

There's some sort of interactive sex toy called "RealTouch" on the market. A man inserts his penis into a sleeve that will grip whatever is stuck into it. The sleeve warms, lubes, and creates sensations. Whatever someone does to the controller (a sort of dildo-shaped joystick that connects to the Internet), the user will feel in the sleeve. The company that made it is offering to donate 1,000 of these things to military families so they can have long-distance conjugal visits. As in Joe Army is in Afghanistan with Little Joe in the sleeve and his wife plays with the controller from home in the States. Or vice versa if Jane Army is deployed with the controller and her husband is home with the sleeve.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Man Marries Dead Girlfriend In Joint Funeral And Wedding Ceremony In Thailand

This goes beyond weird or stupid, to down right CREEPY. There are photos and her dress is hiked up to her garter.

Yeah the link is from aol, which I didn't even know still existed, but that's what the blog linked to. Bold text is my emphasis.

http://main.aol.com/2012/01/18/man-m...n_1213316.html

A man recently married his deceased girlfriend in a combination funeral and wedding ceremony.

Chadil Deffy, also known as Deff Yingyuen, placed a ring on the finger of Sarinya "Anne" Kamsook, his girlfriend of 10 years, during the ceremony in Thailand's Surin province.

The couple had planned to get married in the future, but Yingyuen wanted to focus on his studies before tying the knot, the Thai-Asean News (TAN) Network reported.

Unfortunately, Kamsook unexpectedly died in an accident before the couple could set a date.

According to the Pattaya Daily News, the couple met at Thailand's Eastern Asia University nearly a decade ago, and wreaths were placed around campus in memory of Kamsook following her death.

Photos and footage of the ceremony were posted on Facebook and YouTube.

And while some thought the service a bit strange, others expressed their sympathy for the groom.

"...I didn't know her, but in your photos, she looks young and full of life.I can't image the impact her death has caused in the lives of her loved ones. It was a very moving gesture of love, very moving. It makes you rethink a lot of things in life, things you take for granted," Facebook user Alejandra Yanez wrote in spanish on Yingyuen's page.

Onsiri Pravattiyagul, a friend of the groom, wrote an opinion column addressing Yingyuen's intentions and the media speculation his story has prompted. The piece, featured on the Bangkok Times, included the following...
Old 01-31-2012, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Woman offers sex for nuggets

Quote:
This couldn't have been a very happy meal.

Police arrested a woman outside a McDonald's in Burbank, Calif. after she allegedly offered sex to a customer in exchange for his chicken McNuggets, The Burbank Leader reports.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1212891.html

Old 01-31-2012, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

'I'm very alive': Army vet declared dead 4 times

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...d-dead-4-times

Quote:
"I'm alive, you see. This can’t keep going on and on," Miller said.

He said a letter came this month -- addressed to his estate -- requesting repayment of more than $94,000 in benefits he shouldn't have received, because he was dead, and that it included polite instructions how to make the payment.

Miller said he has no idea why he was declared dead.

A VA spokesman told WESH 2 News that the organization was looking into the case.

Miller said he asked his congressman to do the same, but so far, being alive has not been sufficient proof that he is not dead.

Quote:
Woman offers sex for nuggets
that reminds me of a couple different scenes from Menace II Society.

Last edited by FHwku; 01-31-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
#TheStruggle

This actually reminds me of one of my ex-friends. I was shocked when I found out he was slanging D for Whataburger.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Can we not just slow down?!

Tennessee Man Tries to Move Ambulance Blocking his Car

A man hopped into a Wilson County ambulance that was blocking his car and tried to move it while paramedics were loading a patient.

Mt. Juliet police told The Tennessean that paramedics heard the engine start and were able to stop 65-year-old Warren Melamed before he could move the ambulance.

Melamed, of Brentwood, was arrested on Saturday on one count of unauthorized use of a vehicle.

Melamed told officers he was mad because the ambulance was blocking his car.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2012/.../?breakingnews
Old 01-31-2012, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Yesterday, there was an ambulance the exit of my apartment complex when I was trying to get to school. I felt like such an a-hole to actually ask paramedics to move an ambulance but I really needed to get to class. They were very kind about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
This actually reminds me of one of my sex-friends.
It may not be what you typed but that's what I saw. I think I'm reading you and not your words, k_slut.

Last edited by christiangirl; 01-31-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBrnHair View Post
Tennessee Man Tries to Move Ambulance Blocking his Car[/url]
i'm surprised they couldn't find a listing for him. apparently he's a dentist in Donelson. maybe they didn't wanna talk to him, 'cause he's probably a prick on the phone, too. a couple of websites that have his patient reviews are 1/5 stars. i can't believe he was trying to drive it while they were trying to load a patient onto the bus. what a bonebag.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It may not be what you typed but that's what I saw. I think I'm reading you and not your words, k_slut.
LOL

No, absolutely not.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk.

I LOL'd at "I believe surfing is not a crime".
Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Man accidentally drinks gasoline and lights himself on fire
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”