GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,281
2 members and 2,279 guests
naraht, Xidelt

Old 05-20-2023, 02:46 AM
GreekChat Member

What's Fraternity-Sorority ID (FSID)?

For those of you whose orgs use FSID (Fraternity-Sorority ID), can you tell me what you know about it? I guess it’s also known as the Center for Fraternal Excellence & ChapterSpot. When I click on the ‘About’ link it just redirects me to sign up with them.

I’m a little annoyed. For about the third or fourth time since I’ve been initiated I’ve been asked to “claim my account” at tridelta.org. And now it appears there’s a third-party (FSID) that will somehow be involved. I’m not sure I like that.

The older I get the more protective I am about my personal information. It seems like no matter what you’re doing these days EVERYONE requires you to “set up an account” and provide an email address, phone number, etc. And I’m just getting sick of it.

It’s getting to the point where if I need to update my address or any other sorority-related business I think I’ll just call Executive Office on the phone. Then I won’t have to deal with the latest “thing” and have this hassle every few years.
Old 05-20-2023, 02:48 AM
GreekChat Member

The FSID account was based on your old my tri delta account, so it isn't too hard to make the new account using the info from it. Luckily once you just enter basic info, it doesn't ask for much else.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 05-20-2023, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Cookiez17. I'm still not sure I want to sign up again though. What are the benefits to the average user that weren't there before? Why is this company or whatever (FSID) now involved? It looks like it has something to do with Salesforce and something I found online said it will supposedly help members "manage their relationship" with their org. Well, isn't that what I was doing with my prior Tri Delta account before FSID came along?

Maybe I'm just not understanding it.

It's just getting annoying.
Old 05-20-2023, 03:39 AM
GreekChat Member

The way your homepage look, it essentially an update of my tri delta. And you can enter as little or as much info as you want. I mainly stuck with the basics and changed my email to one I check more often. I guess HQ wanted to update the interface to make it a bit smoother.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 05-20-2023, 07:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Ours switched to it when we moved from Omega Fi to Chapter Spot. The National Panhellenic Conference uses FSID too for their logins.
Old 06-18-2023, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

One annoyance about having to update a sign-up thru the FSID company's website: each time I do, the website taking my info magically/promptly loses it and I am unable to sign-in beyond the initial "welcome" sign-in.

Seems it's just a scam to allow you easy initial access, then the next time you desire access they deny it until you give them further "required for admittance" info you'd rather keep private.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.