GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,387
3 members and 2,384 guests
MethrenLusia, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 03-10-2006, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Cruise Observations

Okay - I'm not gonna name any names....but I just got back from a wonderful 4 day cruise for spring break. I left every single letter item I own at home. As a result, I was disppointed when I got on this cruise and saw all these other organizations "represented" because darnit, I wanted to represent too. Looks like other AZDs did too - either there weren't anymore of us on this cruise, or, they didnt take their letters with them for the same reason I didnt take mine.....Unfortunately for the rest of the groups, the only time I saw their letters were at Senor Frogs Bar (Nassau), or at the pool on the ship while these members had drinks in their hands, drunk off their asses. Way to represent, people!

There was an extremely large population from one school in general, given where the cruise departed from, and quite frankly, they didnt give the school, or the greek system in general, a good image. There was this one girl who was all up on all the guys of this one particular fraternity, and...wow, I cant even say anymore. Jesus, now I COMPLETELY understand where the stereotypes come from. It made me sick to my stomach to see how these Greeks were acting.

Enough of the negative....one of my sisters came up with a idea, that I think, COULD be good, if people didnt turn it into a mess...She said it would have been cool if during March, the month of Spring break for most schools, if the cruiselines would host a Greek mixer where you could show up in letters and meet people from other organizations and maybe members of your other chapters. Too bad its a far fetched idea, who wants to go to a party on a cruise where you cant drink because you are wearing letters?