GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 307,848
Threads: 114,781
Welcome to our newest member, blackoutqueen
» Online Users: 347
4 members and 343 guests
*winter*, BGKdLady

Old 04-03-2012, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Mizzou Rush 2012

Hi,
I recently received my acceptance to the university of Missouri Columbia (mizzou) It was my number one choice school and I cannot wait to attend in the fall of 2012. What is mizzou rush like?

Last edited by mizzougirl77; 04-03-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Like any really competitive rush, being a sophomore is not as good as being a freshman, but that doesn't mean it's insurmountable. Your recs don't have to be local. You will probably find the sororities have a vastly different reputation in Missouri versus California so you will especially want to be open minded about your choices. I was going to give an example or two, but that would just feed the stereotypes.

Do your leg work in advance, have your conversation skills up to snuff and presuming all the other stuff is in line, you should be fine. Good luck!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on getting into that program at Mizzou! It's a great program.

Here's a thread on Mizzou rush from Fall 2011:
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ri+recruitment

Last edited by KDCat; 04-03-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Banned

You should probably remove the personal information about your major, class standing and where you're from. It makes you easily identifiable.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi, I'm going to be a sophomore at Mizzou this fall. I'm glad that I stumbled upon this website so I could maybe help you out a bit. I guess I should start by saying we are all SO excited to meet you guys in August! Literally, I think everyone is just counting down until recruitment. This is my first time going through recruitment as an active member, so I'm super excited.

Probably the most important thing I can tell you about Mizzou recruitment is just to keep an open mind. Which seems super cliche, but it's completely true. I know last summer I did sooo much research on all the sororities and their different stereotypes, and I thought I went into recruitment knowing "exactly" which houses I really wanted.

I thought I had done all the research about which houses were the pretty, popular, likable houses, which ones were the psycho catty houses, and which ones to avoid at all costs. If you've done some investigating into all the stereotypes, you already know which houses each of those refers to. But I'm telling you now, as someone in a well sought-after house here at Mizzou, to throw all those notions out the window. Because in the end, I really did end up liking just about every house that I went to, even the ones that I thought I wouldn't like at all. And so did most of the girls in my Pi Chi group. I did end up getting one of my top choices, but most girls don't. However, every girl I met genuinely loved her sisters and her sorority so much and was so enthusiastic - you couldn't not like everyone.

I can honestly say that I would be happy in any of the sororities here at Mizzou. I know really great girls in LITERALLY every single house, and recruitment here is very competitive.. Don't be close-minded. Many girls will be cut completely from recruitment. But many more girls will be heartbroken and drop out because they got cut by all the houses they thought they wanted, and that makes me sad. Because not only will the majority of them never get to be Greek, but I know that every house has some really great women. Don't let that be you. I'm sure you may have read some very mean and catty things online about many of the sororities... Greek life here is not like that at all. We all have friends in many different houses. No sororities hate eachother or discriminate against eachother lol. In my opinion, being in ANY sorority here is far better than being in no sorority at all, because Mizzou Greek Life is such a fulfilling and wonderful experience to be a part of, regardless of your letters.

Remember to enjoy your week! I'm not saying go crazy out there, just don't get too goal-oriented. Recruitment is supposed to be fun, so don't take everything super seriously. It was a really fun and amazing time for me, and I hope it will be for you too!

Sorry that was super long, but I hope it helps you out atleast a little!

Last edited by ringojackson; 06-02-2012 at 04:47 AM.