GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,260
0 members and 2,260 guests
No Members online

Old 08-18-2003, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

aw, thanks y'all. i guess it's true what they say, that when it rains, it pours. at least school is starting soon - i need a change of pace.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2003, 12:58 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation. As you'll find out, there's so much going on around campus, especially being this your first semester and football season, you'll be busy enough.

During the semester you'll get to meet NMs from the various houses which should give you a good feel of the Greek scene and where you might to rush. Also, this past spring they had informal spring rush for some of the houses, which lets you get a look without being meshed in the large numbers typical of fall rush.

Good luck.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SDTSarah
Seriously, when you COB or do informal, the girls are going to be so impressed with your caring, sweet nature. I promise things will work out for you.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

You are such an amazing girl, and I hate that you have to miss. So many women are missing out on a wonderful opportunity of getting to know you. Your friend and your sister are in my prayers. I hope thatyou are still able to COB!
Old 08-18-2003, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

:::edited to use code names, per a suggestion:::

guess what?! i went to recruitment today! i called panhellenic this morning to officially have them drop my name, and the girls in the office were all like, "come in now!" i went in, they found my gamma chi in her hotel room, gave me a schedule, and told me to be back in my dress in 45 minutes! i honestly got ready in about 35, rushed back to campus(trying to get my hair completely dry with the AC on high), found a parking spot, and scampered off in my heels to find my group. i was really surprised, as i had expected to miss out on everything - but i went to 6 parties today and had a great time. yes, i only got to go to 6 of the 10 houses, and who invites me back from those 6 will be where i go for round 2. i'm really glad i didn't miss out entirely though! also, i guess my summary of the day is pretty general - but that's because it's round 1 and everything is pretty much the same. i remember certain things about each house, but i can't include everything...i'm too lazy.

(these are not in the same order as the names are listed above...)

Chocolate - my first house, so i was pretty nervous. the girl who rushed me was sweet and i met a couple of other girls briefly. it was pretty basic, i listened to the songs and drank my water and had a good, but not amazing, conversation with the girl. she was one of the few girls who actually talked about the sorority itself, rather than just random talking. it was the first party of the day for them, too, so i think we were all just getting started!

Vanilla - i was excited to see some familiar faces in this house, and the girl who rushed me was really sweet. she seemed really sincere and down to earth and laughed a lot, and i do love when people think i'm funny...heh. we had some things in common and i'd love to get to know more of the girls. i guess the one thing i didn't like was the fact that i didn't get to meet other girls, i hope i get the chance.

Strawberry - this was my favorite house of the day! the girl who rushed me was so nice and made me feel really comfortable. she introduced me to a few of her friends and they were all really cool too. i left that house feeling really glad that i didn't miss out on rush! the president also made a welcoming speech, and she was the only one who did that all day. she seemed to really care a lot that we had a good time.

Coffee - another one of my favorites. i met more girls in this house than i did anywhere else, and everyone i met was really easy to talk to and made me feel at ease and like i was more than just another random face. i give them lots of credit for their awesome rotations and really liked 2 of the girls i talked to.

Cookie Dough - also a good house, i met a few girls and they were funny and i could tell they had a strong sisterhood. i talked to a girl i knew from middle school and she seems really happy there. they messed up on the song and just laughed about it, which made me think they're pretty comfortable and down to earth gals. i was really comfortable there.

Rocky Road - it was the last party of the day, but they were still going strong and looked happy to see us. there were a bunch of girls i recognized from living in my dorm last year, but most of them didn't remember me. i'm awesome with remembering names and faces, but not everyone is, so it didn't bother me =)

there are 923 girls going through right now. quota is usually around 65-75. there are 10 groups. i know there will be girls who don't get bids, but i hope i am not one of them. despite the sweltering heat and last minute preparations, i had a good time. i was so impressed at how helpful LSU panhellenic has been, and was not unhappy at any of today's parties. i'm almost glad that i don't have to make any cuts. i liked everyone enough to want to go and see them again and talk to more people, so i am definitely going back to whoever invites me! i do have a few favorites, but haven't ruled anyone out - my mind is open and i could end up anywhere! i'm excited about round 2, which will happen over the next 2 days.

Last edited by Moxie; 08-18-2003 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh my god, That is so great. See how every thing turns out right? I am so excited for you.

Are yo going back to all 6 tomorow? or do you know yet?

Chris

Go Moxie.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh honey, I'm so glad you got to rush after all. It sounds like you had a lot of fun.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
YEAH! I'm so glad that it worked out for you! I'm so excited that you had a good time at ALL the parties! When will you find out who your next rounds are with? I'm so glad that things seem to be working out for the best for you! Keep this awesome attitude and you'll do just fine!

Can't wait for the next update!

aj
Old 08-18-2003, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

HOW WONDERFUL FOR YOU!!!! I'm so glad they let you come back to recruitment!!! That is so neat.

Man, LSU just impressed me!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!! Let us know how everything goes!!!

(If I could do some of the cool smilies, I would!)
PsychTau
Old 08-18-2003, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
i am so excited for you!!!!! congrats on having a fabulous time today! i hope you get lots of invites back!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok here is moxies schedule for this week.

(i know Im a nerd)

http://appl003.lsu.edu/slas/greekaffairs2.nsf/index

(it would not let me post that actual link to go here then click on recruitment and intake then sorority then schedule)

Chris

Last edited by rainbowbrightCS; 08-18-2003 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bgsarah
OMG MS MOX!!! I am soooooo happy for you, my heart just JUMPED into my throat when I read this!!!

I am so looking forward to the rest of your recruitment, you're such a trooper!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

aaaah!

**does the happy dance**
Old 08-18-2003, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Yay! I'm so happy you ended up being able to attend parties! I know it's really stressful, and you have so many other things to think about and worry about - but remember, hopefully soon you will have sisters to share your troubles with! It's said that having sisters doubles the fun and divides the troubles! So belive that! I love my DG sisters and they truly are my anchors when I am in need...so enjoy recruitment and keep us up to date! I can't wait to hear the rest!!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bsp-mich24
Yay-- they let you go thru rush. I hope you get invited back to all 6 houses!