GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 306,998
Threads: 114,636
Welcome to our newest member, sdfsdfgfae
» Online Users: 312
3 members and 309 guests
awholesalersnfl, DonaleDus

Old 02-14-2008, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Rush Crush

Hi All,

My chapter is going through COR after our formal recruitment because formal went really bad at my school this semester (we are deferred) so quota was really low for our campus. (My chapter did make quota though and gave out 2 snap bids) Therefore, each chapter still has space to fill and every NPC chapter is going through COR.

Our school decided to have a partially structured COR recruitment and bids will be given out in a week. A PMN has to attend an event for each chapter to even be illegible for a bid.

Thankfully, we are advertising really well and there have been a lot of girls coming out to events. There is one girl who is AMAZING! She is for sure my rush crush! She is one of those girls every chapter dreams of. Really cute, great GPA, involved on campus, well liked, very out going yet humble. Whats not to like right?

Well, all the other chapter cant wait to snatch her up too! I dont want to dirty rush her at all, but how do i convey to her that she would be an amazing addition to our chapter and that we want her really bad without say "we'll give you a bid. dont worry you dont need to go to other chapters events".

I really want her, but shes told me she is nervous about getting a bid (she doesn't realize how much shes wanted EVERYWHERE) and I'm afraid that my telling her just be yourself and you'll end up where you're supposed to is making her think that we're not that interested!

help please!

Forever and Ever my love goes to Royal Purple and Pure Gold

Last edited by Deepher4Life; 02-14-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
The think about rush crushes is that you kinda have to let them be. You can only show them all the benefits of joining your chapter and let them decide whether or not they feel as if they belong there or want to go there. It hurts when you just KNOW they'd be a good fit especially when they end up somewhere else and have a miserable time. She seems to be a very desirable PNM so your best bet is to keep up the good work. Let your sisters know how much she means to you so they can too, and hope for the best, because in cases like this, the woman will have her choice and there's not much more you can do and that's how it should be, which is why you can't step over that fine line, y'know?
Old 02-14-2008, 01:48 AM

Some people might tell you to go ahead and "dirty rush" her. If you get this girl, you want to get her because she really wants to be there, not because you were the first sorority to promise her a bid.

I caution you against "jumping all over her" and gushing about how awesome she is. It could backfire and freak her out. I suggest just being yourselves and being genuinely interested in her. You can't force it. If she wants to go DPhiE, it'll happen. If not, oh well, at least you played fair.

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

just thought you should know...

my rush crush just accepted her bid to Delta Phi Epsilon! and i could not be happier. Guess she saw that she fit in perfectly too!

NO DIRTY RUSHING NECESSARY!

Old 02-22-2008, 06:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepher4Life View Post
just thought you should know...

my rush crush just accepted her bid to Delta Phi Epsilon! and i could not be happier. Guess she saw that she fit in perfectly too!

NO DIRTY RUSHING NECESSARY!
Good for you! It's never worth it to be unethical to get your rush crush. You let the system work for you, and the PNM saw that DPhiE was the place for her. In "dirty rushing" you take a lot of the decision out of the hands of the PNM which isn't fair to her!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

hooray for you and the new member to d phi e!! will she be your little sister?
Old 02-23-2008, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hi All,

My chapter is going through COR after our formal recruitment because formal went really bad at my school this semester (we are deferred) so quota was really low for our campus. (My chapter did make quota though and gave out 2 snap bids) Therefore, each chapter still has space to fill and every NPC chapter is going through COR.

Our school decided to have a partially structured COR recruitment and bids will be given out in a week. A PMN has to attend an event for each chapter to even be illegible for a bid.

Thankfully, we are advertising really well and there have been a lot of girls coming out to events. There is one girl who is AMAZING! She is for sure my rush crush! She is one of those girls every chapter dreams of. Really cute, great GPA, involved on campus, well liked, very out going yet humble. Whats not to like right?

Well, all the other chapter cant wait to snatch her up too! I don't want to dirty rush her at all, but how do i convey to her that she would be an amazing addition to our chapter and that we want her really bad without say "we'll give you a bid. don't worry you don't need to go to other chapters events".

I really want her, but shes told me she is nervous about getting a bid (she doesn't realize how much shes wanted EVERYWHERE) and I'm afraid that my telling her just be yourself and you'll end up where you're supposed to is making her think that we're not that interested!

help please!
I understand that the rushee has to attend at least one party at each chapter, but I thought that during COR, the rules associated with formal recruitment does not necessarily apply. And that a chapter is basically allowed to say something like "Hey, we want you..."? (i.e. A more one on one informal type of rush.)

So were y'all not able to do so because this was a *partially structured* COR, and the same general rules of formal recruitment were applied?
Old 02-23-2008, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
. And that a chapter is basically allowed to say something like "Hey, we want you..."? (i.e. A more one on one informal type of rush.)
"I want you". We were always told that "we" was inappropriate
Old 02-23-2008, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
I don't think that was meant literally.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
I understand that.

But I thought that generally speaking, during COR a chapter could *in theory* go up to one single girl and say "We want you. Here is a bid." Unless the campus required it, the girl - *in theory* - would never have to have signed up for or come to any event by the chapter. In other words, the structure and rules that apply for formal recruitment, are not *required* in COR.

In this particular scenario, Deepher4Life's campus had a formal recruitment. Then (after formal was completed) the campus panhellenic decided to have a "partially structured COR recruitment". So I am wondering do the "rules" that govern formal, continue to govern after formal is over. I would think that every chapter would have to sign on for this to happen. Otherwise, they are allowed - per NPC rules - to COR as best fits their chapter.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! Glad you got your rush crush after all I had a major rush crush this spring, and although I was really nervous after pref, she ended up as a DG-- very exciting!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
hooray for you and the new member to d phi e!! will she be your little sister?
im hoping!

Quote:
So were y'all not able to do so because this was a *partially structured* COR, and the same general rules of formal recruitment were applied?
basically.... we had to follow all the same rules as formal rush because even though its COR all the chapters are doing it together... if that makes any sense...

Old 02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
basically.... we had to follow all the same rules as formal rush because even though its COR all the chapters are doing it together... if that makes any sense...
Thank you, it does. And congratulations!