GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,664
4 members and 1,660 guests
g41965, Overthinker, PGD-GRAD, Sister Havana

Old 10-30-2011, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

rushing

My number one chose for the fraternity I want to rush in the Spring doesn't have me on their rush list where they email potential rushees with stuff going on. Should I keep trying and get to know more people or give up on them. I have met a lot of the guys in the fraternity and I thought they liked me, but I'm not too sure anymore.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you know they have your email and the email they have is correct? If you are, then I think you can take the hint. If you don't know, then I guess I'd make the effort to make sure they do have good information. And then take the hint. Start thinking about at least a handful of fraternities. Although the rush process is different for fraternities than sororities, still you will do yourself a favor by, maybe not maximizing your options, but expanding them in any case. I would think it wise to have a list of 3-5 fraternities that are a possibility to give you some leeway to be pleasantly surprised by one or two and allowing for a couple to drop you through the process.

Hopefully some guys can either add to or contradict what I've said here. Good luck!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I know they have an email list a couple of guys always say they need to get me on the list, but could their rush chair not like me because he is the one in charge of that stuff. I have a number two and a potential number three that I will try and become closer with or meet new people
Old 10-30-2011, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

my other choice is the only black fraternity on campus which has expressed a serious interest in me
Old 10-30-2011, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Just because you aren't being actively rushed doesn't mean you have a chance. Make yourself known, and rush. Passive rush can do a whole lot.

ie. Active is when they contact you, passive is when you go out of your way and they meet you that way. If you have good grades and are into the same type of things the fraternity is into , go for the passive route and you have a chance.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

And to add t what you said about the rush chair, there is a possibility enough people don't like you that they know you won't get a bid, so they aren't going to waste time on you.