GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,204
1 members and 2,203 guests
gatordeltapgh

Old 12-14-2000, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Dear Kittie and Preppie....
It's really hard being a new chapter, which I know a lot of sororites at ECU don't know about because their chapters have been on this campus for a very long time. I am a proud KD whether you like us or not. On this campus we strive for greek unity and it sure looks like you and whatever sorority you are in don't support that. A weak link in the greek chain can break it. We have supported many sororites on this campus...even if it is just a friendly hello. It would be nice if we could have some support from you. It is sad that you have so much anger towards us...you might could actually like some of us. You may think you know every KD...but you sure don't know me.... It's all about unity and sisterhood
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-15-2000, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I do attend ECU and I have been active in my sorority for four years. Kappa Delta has only showed the up most respect for all fellow students. They are some of the sweetest girls I've met. I have never passed one of them in letters that didn't smile at me and say hello not even knowing who I was. They have truely accomplished a wonderful goal over the past year. For some who may wonder why KD did not participate in fall rush it was because there chapter had not been installed and they weren't allowed to participate, but we look forward to seeing them next year. Keep up the good work ladies and don't let anyone get you down. I appologize for any person who misunderstood what was going on and I'm sure these girls could help you better understand what there chapter is all about because all the ECU sororities are very special in there own certain way.

Your Greek Sister
Allie
Old 12-15-2000, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

This is exactly why a lot of folks on here don't like these 'what's my sorority/fraternity like on your campus?' type threads. Unless people go on about how great and wonderful you are then folks are going to get upset and talk about how mean/unfair/petty/wrong, etc. the comments are. Remember...these are just opinions and you know what they say about opinions!!
Old 12-15-2000, 02:02 PM

Exclamation

Dear Kitty and Preppie,
I extend an invitation for dessert or coffee my treat when you guys are back in town. Until then I look forward to meeting you and wish you a wonderful christmas break.

[This message has been edited by kdgirlie (edited December 18, 2000).]
Old 12-15-2000, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

i'm sorry that what i said was taken so hard by the kappa delta's who read it. i realize that you all are a new chapter and things are a lot tougher for you than they are for a more established chapter. my biggest experience with kd is from recruitment and, like preppie, i had sort of an unpleasant time. i think it's because you all have never had rush before and because it was difficult not having a house to tour and that isn't your fault but it left a bad impression on me. i wasn't trying to be rude or to make a vicious comment, i was just saying that you all are a new group and aren't completely established yet. nobody is trying to destroy ecu's greek system (aside from the school's administration, but that's another story) by making a comment about another group. whoever started this post asked about kd's at different schools and i said what i've seen and heard about the kd's at ecu. i'm sorry it wasn't the most positive comment but it was my opinion at the time. if you want me to delete the comment i will, i just don't like this thing having been blown out of proportion.
Old 12-16-2000, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi guys I'm sorry I started this post. I didn't think it would get people all upset. I was just wondering about different chapters and trying to connect with other KDs. I say we all just stop asking this question. It doesn't seem to help. Being in a sorority I know that greek unity needs to be promoted more and we need to respect all and every organization. Like at my school there is a sorority that is probably going to fold soon and I feel so bad for them. They are very nice girls and they just don't have the numbers. I would die if this happened to us. I think we all need to stand behind each other. Help give the greeks a better name and support your fellow brother or sister!
Old 12-17-2000, 11:31 AM

Wink

I wasn't going to say anything but this has gotten ridiculous. It's back and forth with "You shouldn't have said this" and "I can say what I want". The truth is, people can post whatever they want. I'm sorry that you feel hurt by the comments that kittie and preppie have made. I, too, would be upset if they said this about my sorority. But, instead of trying to get an apology out of them and trying to make them see that your sorority isn't as bad as they say it is, take their comments as constructive criticism and learn from it. Instead of wasting all your energy trying to prove how great you are over the internet to 100's of people who, quite honestly, really don't care, why don't you put that energy into thinking of new ways to make your next rush better? If your next rush goes well, that would be 10 times better than any comment you could make to kittie or preppie over the internet.
BTW, Kappa Delta is excellent on my campus and they always have a great rush.

[This message has been edited by ZTAngel (edited December 17, 2000).]
Old 12-17-2000, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello everyone! I am a Kappa Delta at ECU, and proud of it I might add. I agree that there is nothing wrong with stating your opinion about certain chapters, however, one should do this in a tactful manner. I believe this is why so many people were offended by the comments kitty and preppie made. We have only been an established chapter for one month--all I am asking is for people to take this into consideration. We worked extremely hard to accomplish this goal of going national and for people to unconstructively criticize it--well, it hurts more than you could probably imagine. I have respect for all of the sororites at ECU and believe we are a great group of women. I think this is what we should be focusing on.
To all of my Kappa Delta sisters--we rock and I love you! AOT
Old 12-17-2000, 07:48 PM
Unregistered-

Lightbulb

Preppie, I agree with you. Because kdamy asked for your opinion you had every right to say what you thought about KD at your campus. It's not like you said what you said without reasons to support yourself. It's difficult sometimes to determine the weaknesses of your own sorority and sometimes it takes someone outside of the group to point it out. I didn't think that you said anything disrespectful, and I hope that the sisters of KD at ECU take what you said into consideration, because if you feel that way, what if others feel the same way? Preppie, you did your job, and maybe now the KD sisters can take some action.

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*
Old 12-18-2000, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Girls, Girls, Girls....i go on vacation for a few days and when i check to see whats up...chaos baby! Don't make a KD sweetheart whoop some ass! :-)Boy, catfights are the greatest..especially between sorority girls!
Where's the love girls???? Im totally not feeling the love, lol. So, shake hands, kiss and make up and after that....kiss me baby!
In Hoc my brothers and as always to the KD girls.....Ta Kala Diokomen and In AOT!
Old 12-18-2000, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Girls, Girls, Girls....i go on vacation for a few days and when i check to see whats up...chaos baby! Don't make a KD sweetheart whoop some ass! :-)Boy, catfights are the greatest..especially between sorority girls!
Where's the love girls???? Im totally not feeling the love, lol. So, shake hands, kiss and make up and after that....kiss me baby!
In Hoc my brothers and as always to the KD girls.....Ta Kala Diokomen and In AOT!
Old 01-18-2001, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

KD's are awesome at East Carolina University, those girls work so hard. Those others sorority girls on campus who keep putting them down need to stop, because there are alot of things that their own chapters need to work on, like RESPECT!
Old 01-25-2001, 07:43 PM

i am not dumpy
Old 01-26-2001, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
I want the KD's at ECU to know that establishing a chapter at a campus is very hard. I am a founding sister of my chapter and we worked our asses off! Our first rush was a total disaster and we were crushed. But not even 4 months later, we pledged a class of 22! It takes time to get into a groove that is right for your chapter. Have faith. I am not a KD, but I am a Greek who wants ALL chapters to succeed so that college administrators realize the Greek Life is essential to all campuses and not a waste of resources! GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-26-2001, 01:10 PM

hey everyone,
I think we should definatly let this topic die. I am tired of reading the same things twice repeated. Lexi is right this is definately beneath all of us-- despite group assocations to continue with such frivolous banter.