GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,535
3 members and 2,532 guests
John, LaneSig, navane

Old 10-04-2006, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

What did your sorority wear for recruitment?

There's so much chat about what the PNMs wore for recruitment, but what did your sorority wear for the different rounds. Did you all order the same tops, or wear sundresses or spirit shirts? Post pictures if you have them!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Our Panhellenic Association doesn't allow chapters to wear the same shirt or order identical outfits for recruitment. Our continuing membership chair went out on a limb this formal recruitment and used color schemes instead of telling us specific pieces to wear. For example, for one of our parties we could wear any combination of brown, white, pink, or purple. It sounds weird but it looked really cool because the color scheme was aesthetically pleasing and made us look unified without making us look cookie-cutter. Another open house we wore brown, white, green, or blue. For our invite party, we wore black and white sundresses (any pattern).
Old 10-05-2006, 12:25 AM

My school is similar to JessSigKap, but we are allowed ONE bulk ordered (identical) item of clothing.

FYI: Recruitment is in mid-September (in northeast OH), so it's still fairly nice out during the day.

Recruitment 2006

Day 1 (Go Greek Day)- Matching sorority polos (our one bulk item). White skirts. White stilettos.
Day 2 (Philanthropy Day)- Black gauchos. Black tank tops. Choose either pink, silver, or purple wide sequinned belt. Black stilettos.
Day 3 (House Tours)- Light pink pant suit (not hot/dark pink). Pearls. Badge.
Day 4 (Preference)- Black cocktail dress with white accessories OR White cocktail dress with black accesories. Badge.
Bid Night- Bid Day shirt and jeans/jean skirt. Flip flops or tennis shoes.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 06-08-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Stillettos? OUCH.

Open house- any letter Tshirt, jeans
Novelty Party- Hawaiian shirt, jeans
Final Party- Black and red dress, skirt+top, or trousers+top, dress shoes
Old 10-05-2006, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

There was an old thread about this awhile back....

We couldn't wear identical outfits, but basically...

Round 1: Khaki shorts, sandals/matching belt and t-shirt or polo shirt that represents either school spirit or participation in a campus activty
Round 2: Khaki pants, sandals/matching belt and red/white/blue polo shirt (you are assigned a color)
Round 3: varied, depending on year. One year, we did a skit called "ADPi Through the Years." You were assigned a decade and dressed to suit the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s. Another year we did "A League of their own" with denim capris, sneakers, and baseball tees with colored sleeves.
Prefs: One year, we wore all-black cocktail dresses. Another year, we did a waterfall affect with some on azure blue and others in navy blue. Another year we did all navy blue.
Bid Day: Bid Day t-shirt and casual bottoms (jeans, pants, shorts or a skirt). Later that evening, everyone met up to go to Bid Day dinner and you wore a casual sundress.

When I advised at UCLA, they bought matching clothing.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
House Tours- lavendar shirts with dark purple letters, jean bottoms, black stilettos

Philanthropy- Red Alpha Phi shirts, black bottoms, black stilettos

Skit & Slideshow- Cocktail dresses- NOT black! and stilettos

Pref Night- Black cocktail dresses, black stilettos
Old 10-05-2006, 07:31 PM

WTF is up with the stilettos??

Back in the day, we wore Keds for first round. Actually, I think Keds would hurt your feet worse than stilettos... even our rush chair was complaining by the end of first round

We were never required to wear stilettos, even for pref. For pref, we wore black cocktail dresses and heels of our choice.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

First Event: I Love KD Shirt or Kappa Delta Airlines Shirt (Dependent Upon Year), jeans, and nice sneakers for Philanthropy Night
Second Event: Various Outfits for Social Night--One year we wore Hawaiian gear, once we did an 80s Theme
Third Event: Sisterhood Night--We did a KD TV Theme for several years, and we wore outfits for each skit we were in; the skits were based on all kinds of tv shows (mostly, I wore club clothes because I was in a few singing groups); the year I was third event chair I changed the dress to semi formal and we did a "KD Sisterhood Awards" night
Fourth Event: Preference--always classy, pearls, black cocktail dresses, and heels of our choice (hahah we were FORBIDDEN to wear stillettos); my senior year we got a little "looser' and stopped requiring the neckline to be scoop neck, and allowed v-necks (haha one year I actually had to buy a new dress bc mine was "too racy")
Bid Day: We had bid day letters that we "shirted" the girls in who ran down to the house, and we also had Bid Day T-Shirts and whatever you wanted to wear on the bottom was up to you
Awwww I miss these days!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
WTF is up with the stilettos??

Back in the day, we wore Keds for first round. Actually, I think Keds would hurt your feet worse than stilettos... even our rush chair was complaining by the end of first round

We were never required to wear stilettos, even for pref. For pref, we wore black cocktail dresses and heels of our choice.
I'm guessing they really mean heels, not specifically stilettos.

Boy, the southern ladies sure do dress differently from the ones in the west. White pumps? Pink suits? Sure, some women out here have them, but I don't think my chapter would ever assume all the women in our chapter would have a pink suit.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, and I can't remember the specifics of what my chapter wore for rush, but it was something like the following:

Open House: panhellenic tshirt, jeans
Second: tshirt in assigned solid color, khaki pants
Third: button-down in assigned color, black pants or skirt
Pref: black knee-length (cocktail) dress, appropriate accessories and black heels
Bid day: bid day shirt and anything we wanted on the bottom
Old 10-05-2006, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 1 - Black and white dresses or skirt/top. Matching heels. Pearls.
Round 2 - Floral Print Dress. Coordinating jewelry and heels.
Round 3 - Black Dresses. Pearls. Black heels.
Prefs - Red dresses. Black, closed-toed heels. Pearls.
Bid Day - Brightly colored cocktail dresses. Gold or silver heels. Gold or silver jewelry.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
I'm guessing they really mean heels, not specifically stilettos.

Boy, the southern ladies sure do dress differently from the ones in the west. White pumps? Pink suits? Sure, some women out here have them, but I don't think my chapter would ever assume all the women in our chapter would have a pink suit.
Jocelyn's from Ohio - not exactly southern.

Last year, my chapter wore:
Open House: black ADPi polos, nice jeans, black stilettos, pearls
First Round: blue button downs, black pencil skirts, black stilettos, pearls and pin
Second Round: dressy white tops and black bottoms with turquoise accents (jewelry, shrugs, shoes, etc.)
Pref: black cocktail dresses, black stilettos, pearls and pin

There are people who DON'T wear heels for recruitment? I can't imagine wearing sneakers to something I want to look nice for.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADqtPiMel View Post

There are people who DON'T wear heels for recruitment? I can't imagine wearing sneakers to something I want to look nice for.
Yeap, first 2 rounds here are basically tennis shoes/whatever you want. Depending on the weather, that might include weatherproof snowboots ! Chapters here dont tend to do coordinating shirts for recruitment--only for Homecoming/Greekweek...some do have pledge/active shirts, but only a few. Novelty parties are themed (ours is a Jimmy Buffet/Beachy theme), others do 80's or Red Carpet and wear shoes appropriate to each (which for us means flip flops--HAPPY DAYS!). Final party, we're not really FORCED to wear heels per say, some girls wear dressy flats...but again, it's winter in Ohio, you never know what's going to happen.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADqtPiMel View Post
Well, sometimes people can look nice not wearing heels--I don't know.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAzul View Post
Yeap, first 2 rounds here are basically tennis shoes/whatever you want. Depending on the weather, that might include weatherproof snowboots ! Chapters here dont tend to do coordinating shirts for recruitment--only for Homecoming/Greekweek...some do have pledge/active shirts, but only a few. Novelty parties are themed (ours is a Jimmy Buffet/Beachy theme), others do 80's or Red Carpet and wear shoes appropriate to each (which for us means flip flops--HAPPY DAYS!). Final party, we're not really FORCED to wear heels per say, some girls wear dressy flats...but again, it's winter in Ohio, you never know what's going to happen.
Now, I know Miami and Otterbein aren't anything alike, but I rushed in Ohio winter too.

Maybe it's because I ALWAYS wear heels - I like being six feet tall and I don't do casual.