GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,559
0 members and 1,559 guests
No Members online

Old 01-12-2005, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Panhel Recruitment Help :)

Hi everyone! This is my first post woo! I am our Panhel's Recruitment Chair for next year. I am trying to come up with a theme (This year is was an army one with the slogan "Looking for a few good women"). I was checking through the older threads and they more or less pertain to a certain sororities own theme. I was wondering what you all have done for your panhellenic themes.

Also, throughout the week we have different parties (open house, philanthropy, skit, preference) like everyone else, but I was wondering if you all do different parties or if it was the same pretty much everywhere. Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-12-2005, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PiPhiGirl2005
Welcome to GC!

We don't do themes, per se, at my school, but for our formal recruitment this year, our theme for Skit Day is "Wizard of Oz". I think that this would make a gret theme for panhel in general... You could do a lot with the saying "there's no place like home".

As for different days, the one thing we seem to do differently at my school for recruitment is called formal desserts. Open houses and skit day are the first two days of recruitment, and they are both open days (and required). The first invite round is formal desserts, in which the PNMs have dessert at each house they were invited back to/selected to go back to. There's only three houses, so it's managable... I can see this being a problem if you had to eat dessert at ten houses! Anyway, it's a nice way to be able to sit down and chat with one or two of the PNMs before pref parties, which are the next day.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on your position!

It might be a great opportunity for you to lead a team in creating the "brand identity" for Panhellenic's Recruitment Theme. Do you have Recruitment Counselors yet? Meet with them and brainstorm some theme ideas. Or better yet, ask the Panhellenic Delegates at your next Panhellenic meeting to open it up to the chapters and have the chapter members email their ideas directly to you. You will have the benefit of good ideas from all the sorority women at school who care to submit an idea. You might even offer a prize for the winning idea, as an incentive.

Past Pan recruitment themes I have seen include:
Sorority Life: Passport to your Future
Lights! Camera! Action! Sorority Recruitment 20xx
Sorority Life Goes Hollywood Glam
There's No Place Like Home (Yellow Brick Road/Oz theme)
Oh the Places You'll Go! (Dr. Seuss....
coincidentally, if anyone reading this is an Alpha Xi, that would a great colorful bid day shirt-- "With Sisters Like These, Oh -Xi- Places You'll Go!"

ETC.

Have fun!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
This past recruitment, we (NPC sorority women) got shirts to wear weeks in advance that were scarlet with white letters (school colors) that said Sisters Wanted: Panhellenic Recruitment 2004 in saloon-style writing.

The PNMs got lime green shirts that said the sorority names where a pocket would be on the front. The back had a drawing of a little girl, and the slogan was "I know you are, but what am I?" with the sorority names printed over and over to make up the background of the shirt.

Last year, we had shirts that said, "No matter the letter, we're all Greek together" on the back. This was the middle, and it had the NPC names around it in a design like petals on a flower. Pretty!
Old 01-12-2005, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Yea I have looked at a few of the posts: I like the Dr. Suess one and one where "it's not what you become but what you've always been".

Also, what do you all do to promote the greek system in general? We're a pretty small school (about 6000) and out numbers were down in recent years. This year, however, we got 200 girls to sign up which is up from 130 the year before.

We were thinking of doing a summer mailing to all the freshmen and possibly have a greek life meeting at orientation.

Have any of you gone to MGCA? We're going this year in Feb. and it should be fun. Just wondering if they had a lot of useful stuff to bring back. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

crownprincess

welcome to greekchat. you will find amazing ladies(and men) from all organization here, with a wealth of knowledge to share. be sure and come over to the zeta forum and introduce yourself. lisa
Old 01-13-2005, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crownprincess

Also, what do you all do to promote the greek system in general? We're a pretty small school (about 6000) and out numbers were down in recent years. This year, however, we got 200 girls to sign up which is up from 130 the year before.

We were thinking of doing a summer mailing to all the freshmen and possibly have a greek life meeting at orientation.
To promote recruitment: We did a summer mailing to incoming freshman, took out ads in the school paper, attended orientation sessions for freshmen and transfers and staffed a booth outside the student union.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
In addition to everything adpiucf listed, one thing my old school would do is have the recruitment councelors setup a booth outside the freshman res halls during move in... It helped to get the idea in their heads even more... Also we started doing an online signup... Instead of mailing in papers... Since many people would just never get their paper in so they would decide not to go through recruitment...
Old 01-13-2005, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I was on Jr. Panhel last year, and normally the Jr. Panhel officers have sent out letters to freshmen and transer students. One letter would go out over the summer and the other letter would be waiting for them when they arrived at school in the fall. Last year they told us, however, that we weren't allowed by Panhellenic to send letters out over the summer anymore. The letters were merely promotions of Greek Life.

I don't think we've had a Panhellenic recruitment theme. This year our campus paper is doing an article on Greek life that will come out just before formal recruitment (in less than 2 weeks... yikes!!). Hopefully that will get people psyched and interested in Greek life.

On a side note, we used the Dr. Suess "Oh the places you'll go" as our recruitment theme for informal and turned into Oh the places you'll go with AChiO. We painted our sidewalk to look like the cover of the book. It was really cute.

Good luck though, and congrats on your new position!