GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,045
1 members and 1,044 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 10-05-2008, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Panhellenic T-shirt Ideas

Hey,
I am the current panhel president on my campus, and we have our formal recruitment coming up in the spring. I am trying to come up with a theme for our shirts, which all chapters will be wearing. If anyone has any ideas/could share their past tshirt ideas, I would really appreciate it.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

The CUTEST one I've seen...I can't remember if it was Arizona or Arizona State...it had a shoe theme, so every t-shirt had a picture of a bunch of types of shoes (stilettos, flip-flops, boots, sneakers, etc) and the slogan was something to the effect of "Find your Fit". Then somewhere on the shirt (it's been awhile, I only saw it once) they had one of those shoes with the letters of that chapter on it. So if it was Alpha Phi, they might have a Flip-Flop with Alpha Phi on it somewhere on the chapter. Pi Phi might have a stiletto with Pi Phi on it, etc. That doesn't sound nearly as good as it looked.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

We did that when I went through recruitment
Old 10-06-2008, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Ooh that's even cuter than the one I saw from Arizona. They way it worked too is that if you were a ADPi for example you'd have the ADPi shoe with letters on the shoulder of your shirt...that way you could see that everybody supported Panhellenic but everybody also had a unique chapter.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I liked the one we had a couple years ago--each chapter's symbol (key, kite, moon, ivy, etc.) was in one corner, encircled by the house's name in both Greek and Roman letters. In the center was the saying "It's not about what you will become. It's about who you always been." That quote really sums up how I feel about my house, so I found it appropriate!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXiDNJ21 View Post
Hey,
I am the current panhel president on my campus, and we have our formal recruitment coming up in the spring. I am trying to come up with a theme for our shirts, which all chapters will be wearing. If anyone has any ideas/could share their past tshirt ideas, I would really appreciate it.
My daughter is Panhellenic VP of Recruitment at her school. One of her goals was to have a shirt that both Sororities and Fraternities ( a different color)could wear and would be easily seen across campus.(which was the goal) Here is the front and the back-- While pretty basic, it REALLY popped on campus! Also, the pictures of the all of the Greek women were great! I might have done the sorority names a bit bigger on the back however, the purpose was about recruitment and sign ups.

The shirts were done by Greekbox

GPhiB
Old 10-19-2008, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WinniBug
I found this online.....

Greek Life...
"From the outside looking in you can never understand it. From the inside looking out you can never explain it."
"Letters today, Leaders tomorrow."
"It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right. I hope you had the time of your life."~Green Day
"No matter the Letters, we're all Greek together."
"Whatever the Letter, Greeks do it better!"
"Not four years, but for life."
"It's not a house, it's a home."~Bob Dylan
"Fraternities and Sororities symbolize all that we wish to accomplish in our lives. They represent the struggles we all face as we grow. Why we cling to them no one can explain, but in the end, we are all stronger for it."
"Fraternity is the fuel that allows common people to produce uncommon results."
"People ask why I am in a sorority and I try to explain all the things a sorority is that they cannot see. A sorority is more than letters on a sweatshirt, I say. More than traditional songs, a gold pin, rituals, and obligation, or a way of life. A sorority is learning about people, a sorority is giving without expecting a return. A sorority is earning respect from others, as well as for yourself. A sorority will not solve all your problems. But I have made good friends and found confidence there to help me take life one step at a time."
"It's not just letters, parties and good times. It is a feeling that will never leave you as long as you live. It is a responsibility and a duty to yourself and you sisters. It is an eternal love."
"Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain."~Dave Matthews
"We're not here for a long time, we are here for a good time!"
"We didn't invent fun, we perfected it!"

Sisterhood/Brotherhood...
"Chance made us Sisters, choice made us friends."
"The ties that bind me to my Brothers are not wrapped around my wrists, but rather are fastened to my heart."
"There is no chance or choice when pledging, only strength and survival. Let your Sisters give you the strength to survive."
"Sisters are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"Don't walk in front of me and be my leader, don't walk behind me and be my follower, but walk beside me and be my Brother."
"You can take the Brothers our of the Fraternity, but you can't take the Brotherhood out of the Brothers."
"You should never look down on a Brother except to pick him up."
"You wouldn't haze your friends. Why would you haze your Brothers? The goal of pledgeship is to be a members of a house; to make you want to be a Brother, Where does hazing fit in? Quite simply, it doesn't. Why abuse someone for three months in the name of becoming their best friends? A Fraternity is not about building pledges. It's about building Brothers."
"Brotherhood is not letting petty differences get in the way of anything. It is about being true to yourself. It is about experiencing new adventures by entering the realm of others."
"Sisterhood is many things. It's a warn smile on a cold and rainy day, a friendly hug, a cheerful hello... It's all that a good and lasting friendship is, only better. It's treasured. It's sacred. It's knowing that there will always be someone there for you. It's dreams shared, and goals achieved. It's counting on others and being counted on. It is real."
"Brotherhood is not a destination, but a journey."
"A sister knows all about you, but loves you anyway."
"Men's best friends last you only 20 years, but men's best brothers will last you for the rest of your life."
"Friends change. Lovers leave. Sisters are eternal."
"Pain is passing... Brotherhood is everlasting!"
"When men fail, Sisters prevail!"

Friendship...
"...And friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them. And a friend will not say never, 'cause the welcome will not end. Though it's hard to let you go, in the Father's hands we know that a lifetime's not too long to live as friends."~Michael W. Smith
"The group of people you associate with says a lot about your character... in my opinion, you're on the right track."
"I can't remember who met who first, or who loved who first- All I remember... is us being together."~St. Elmo's Fire
"True friends, like ivy and the wall, both stand together and together fall."~Francis Bacon
wherever there is fun, there's ALWAYS ALPHA SIGMA!

Old 10-19-2008, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

WinniBug- these are great! Thanks for sharing

GPhiB