GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,360
0 members and 1,360 guests
No Members online

Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I'm sorry your dad isn't around. I'm also sorry that your friend's kid's dads are deadbeats and that you have friends who are deadbeat dads (to the point of name changes to avoid support.) That's unfortunate.
There you go assuming again. Did I say "friends?" Do you "know" folks who you don't consider your "friends?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
My original point still stands. If you are a dad, you're bound to that kid and interacting with that child's mom for life.
Your original post stands in a perfect world. This post doesn't stand, either. If you posted "If you are a dad then you SHOULD be bound to that kid and interacting with the child's mom for life", then it would stand. Again, there are a lot of dudes who do not interact with the kid or the kid's mom. SHOULD they be? Yup. Are they? Not always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
You'd love Toronto. If you do go, be prepared to get searched. Last year when we went to Niagara Falls, going into Canada wasn't a problem, but coming back into the states was really annoying. Last year, we got turned around (lost) coming back, and accidently went through the New York side. They asked us a bunch of questions like why were we visiting the Falls? etc. We had to wait in some customs building with a bunch of other people while they searched the car. We were in there for like 20 minutes. Then when we turned around and came through Michigan, they did the same thing, just not as long. I guess they have notes or something, because this time, when we got back, they asked us how long we were in Toronto, etc. and then let us go through the check point without telling us to get out so they could search us, and the car. Just an FYI if you decide to go.

But yeah, it's a beautiful city. It kind of reminded me of Chicago.
I'm not surprised. Security in the states got tight after 911. Plus, folks like bringing in a lot of illegal shit from Canada, that's why they trip like that. Thanks for the insight, though. I'll keep that in mind.

Last edited by Cen1aur 1963; 02-16-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-16-2012, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
Wow, I got tired just reading this. Forget your own thread; you need your own reality show.

so, I take it, you were "cool" with the Valentine day responses from geekboy and EMU Prof?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
I think you have too much going on to date, which in your case is a good thing because you're trying to better yourself. Then you're talking to two dudes who are also trying to better themselves, so I think y'all are too busy for each other. Maybe you should wait until you're done with school.

CTFU!!!
Yes, I am cool with the V-Day responses. And yes, we are all way too busy, which is part of what attracted me to each of them. If I say "A group project just blew up, I have to fix it", they get it. No pressure at all.

And, by the way, I'm meeting geekboy for a beer after work tomorrow We almost did it tonight, but I had a group project blow up and I had to fix it..lol. But he gets it. I'm looking forward to seeing him again. It will be kind of short because my kids come back home tomorrow night, but that's cool. I asked them if they wanted me to leave them corned beef in the crock pot or money for dinner and they said money.

I love having older teens.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Yes, I am cool with the V-Day responses. And yes, we are all way too busy, which is part of what attracted me to each of them. If I say "A group project just blew up, I have to fix it", they get it. No pressure at all.

And, by the way, I'm meeting geekboy for a beer after work tomorrow We almost did it tonight, but I had a group project blow up and I had to fix it..lol. But he gets it. I'm looking forward to seeing him again. It will be kind of short because my kids come back home tomorrow night, but that's cool. I asked them if they wanted me to leave them corned beef in the crock pot or money for dinner and they said money.

I love having older teens.
That's cool that y'all have that understanding. I think if you met a dude who wasn't doing the same or who wasn't as busy (with the exception of work), that probably wouldn't work as well as it does with geek dude. You seem to like him so I'd keep hangin with him, even if nothing comes out of it. You can still kick it with dude, either way.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I take it y'all don't have any kids from a sperm donor. Either that, or the two of you are just plain naive as hell. I know females who don't know where the father is, and can't find him, and pretty much gave up looking for dude. I, myself haven't seen or heard from my pop's since I was 4 or 5 years old. At this point in my life (at almost 30) I really don't give a fuck where he is. Just because you have a kid with some dude or female does not mean you're dealing with them for the rest of your life. Should they be involved? Yeah, they should, but that isn't always the case. I also know a dude who had his name changed so he could avoid paying child support. I don't know how he went about doing that (I didn't ask) but his kid is over 18, and he's never seen him, or talked to him. His reason is because he says the kid isn't his. But that's the line a lot of dudes pull out of their ass to avoid being a father.
I don't associate with men who abandon their families so they weren't in my discussion. While I do know kids who are a result of AI, that's completely different.

Regardless of your quibbles, my point still stands which is that once you have a child with someone, you're connected to them as long as that child lives. Whether or not you want to associate with them is another issue.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Just came in here to say this: Once you have a child with someone, you're dealing with them for the rest of your life.
This was your original post which doesn't make sense.

Quote:
I don't associate with men who abandon their families so they weren't in my discussion. While I do know kids who are a result of AI, that's completely different.
I don't give a fuck who you know, who you don't know, who you associate yourself with, or who you don't associate yourself with, that's not the issue. The issue is you posted that "once you have a child with someone, you're "dealing" with them for the rest of your life". My argument to you and ol girl, was that dude can go through his entire life and not have any "dealings" with the kid or the mom. In fact, there are some moms who don't like the father (for whatever reason) nor do they want the father in the kid's life or hers. As a result, there are some dudes who are going through life and have gone through their entire life, not even knowing they have a kid. Probably wouldn't give a shit if they did or didn't.

Quote:
Regardless of your quibbles, my point still stands which is that once you have a child with someone, you're connected to them as long as that child lives. Whether or not you want to associate with them is another issue.
"Regardless of my quibbles" -LOL that's some funny shit.

Anyway-
Regardless of your erroneous, naive thought process on this topic, whether or not you want to associate yourself with the kid IS the issue, not another issue, dumb ass. In your original post you said "dealing with". Dude doesn't have to deal with shit, is what I'm arguing (unless he's found by The Friend of the Court). Now you turn around and post "connected to". Dude is "connected to" by blood, which is morally legit, but in reality that doesn't mean a goddamn thing. If you met a dude, fucked him, and then had a kid by him, I'd like to see what kind of tune you'd be singing when you can't find the dude, or better yet, don't want dude in your life or the kid's life. You're naive as hell. You need a serious reality check.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I don't give a fuck who you know, who you don't know, who you associate yourself with, or who you don't associate yourself with, that's not the issue. The issue is you posted that "once you have a child with someone, you're "dealing" with them for the rest of your life". My argument to you and ol girl, was that dude can go through his entire life and not have any "dealings" with the kid or the mom. In fact, there are some moms who don't like the father (for whatever reason) nor do they want the father in the kid's life or hers. As a result, there are some dudes who are going through life and have gone through their entire life, not even knowing they have a kid. Probably wouldn't give a shit if they did or didn't.

Anyway-
Regardless of your erroneous, naive thought process on this topic, whether or not you want to associate yourself with the kid IS the issue, not another issue, dumb ass. In your original post you said "dealing with". Dude doesn't have to deal with shit, is what I'm arguing (unless he's found by The Friend of the Court). Now you turn around and post "connected to". Dude is "connected to" by blood, which is morally legit, but in reality that doesn't mean a goddamn thing. If you met a dude, fucked him, and then had a kid by him, I'd like to see what kind of tune you'd be singing when you can't find the dude, or better yet, don't want dude in your life or the kid's life. You're naive as hell. You need a serious reality check.
This is a lot of nonsense, LOL.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This is a lot of nonsense, LOL.
And a lot of four letter-type words. It seems he hasn't caught on that vulgarity isn't really appreciated around here.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:

Anyway-
Someone pissed in your mouthwash and took a shit in your toothpaste this morning. I will try to make sense of whatever the hell you are ranting about.

Being a deadbeat parent (father or mother) is not the same thing as literally/intentionally and legally being a sperm donor or egg donor.
Being a deadbeat parent (father or mother) is not the same thing as a parent (father or mother) who wants to legally waive the other parent’s rights. The latter can also be a loser move unless done for reasons such as emotional and physical abuse. If it is something simple like the parent is getting married and wants the new spouse to legally adopt the child, that can work out in a Curious Case of Benjamin Button kind of way. Otherwise, I think the birth parent should contribute emotionally and financially to a child’s life.

I would never date a man if I knew that he consensually copulated with a woman, a child was conceived, and he knows he has children in the world whom he does not take care of.

Last edited by DrPhil; 02-17-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
And a lot of four letter-type words. It seems he hasn't caught on that vulgarity isn't really appreciated around here.
Yep.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh look. The butt-hurtedness is back. I knew it was too good to last.

Anyway, I'm having date night with my cousin. Between her mommyhood and my dating adventures, we haven't had time to hang out so we're going to see The Vow. We both really want to see it but think it would be wildly unkind to ask a man to sit through that so we'll go with each other.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 02-17-2012, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, people love it when I use the swears.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Anyway-
Why are you so angry? Is it because your dad wasn't involved in your life? I mean, I'm sorry that happened to you, it's just that I'm asking because when this topic was brought up you exploded.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, people love it when I use the swears.
Of course there are exceptions. But at least you CAN post without them.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Old 02-17-2012, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Of course there are exceptions. But at least you CAN post without them.
CAN, sure.

CHOSE NOT TO, definitely.