GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,469
2 members and 2,467 guests
navane, PGD-GRAD

Old 06-04-2001, 10:13 PM

I would suggest Hollywood Video just coz everytime I need to watch an old movie for class and our blockbuster doesnt have it, Hollywood has it. another good bet is ebay of course, the world's garage sale (that is if u wanna own it)--or amazon.com,blockbuster.com.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-06-2001, 03:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Just for the record, the film Sorority House Party has nothing whatsoever to do with sororities, but it is a good film nonetheless.
Old 06-06-2001, 08:23 AM

Talking

Oh yeah for those of you looking to own a copy of Little Sister on VHS...there are a couple copies up for auction right now on ebay..real cheap too! just look under "little sister" and u kinda have to waddle through the list of babysitter club books and little sister dolls or something to find them, but they usually say Little Sister--alyssa milano or something like that. I did a search for Fraternity Row but I didn't come up w/ anything though.
Old 06-28-2001, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Revenge of the Nerds and Animal House are truly classics. Have you noticed that in Animal House the uppity blond sorority girls who have pillow fights in their underwear (which is like sooooooo what we really do) are Zeta Tau Beta. I'm a ZTA, and always thought it was interesting that ZTB and ZTA are only one letter off.

But to other Zetas out there, a good movie to watch it The Little Mermaid. The screenplay was written by a ZTA, and a bunch of our secrets are in it. It's fun to watch and pick stuff out. e.g. lots of 5-pointed crowns, Triton has 9 daughters, we have 9 founders, etc

------------------
"Seek the noblest."
Zeta Love! <3
Old 06-28-2001, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Revenge of the Nerds and Animal House are truly classics. Have you noticed that in Animal House the uppity blond sorority girls who have pillow fights in their underwear (which is like sooooooo what we really do) are Zeta Tau Beta. I'm a ZTA, and always thought it was interesting that ZTB and ZTA are only one letter off.

But to other Zetas out there, a good movie to watch it The Little Mermaid. The screenplay was written by a ZTA, and a bunch of our secrets are in it. It's fun to watch and pick stuff out. e.g. lots of 5-pointed crowns, Triton has 9 daughters, we have 9 founders, etc

------------------
"Seek the noblest."
Zeta Love! <3
Old 06-29-2001, 12:08 AM

LoL...you know what I might actually check it out just for the hell of it...sounds pretty interesting, kinda like Little Sister gone whack.
Old 06-29-2001, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Cool

Oh baby, Sorority House Massacer movies!!! My sister Lisa and I are watching them while were in our house all alone this summer during band camp!!!!!

------------------
Phi Sigma Sigma - Gamma Gamma
Tau Beta Sigma - Delta Omicron
Old 06-29-2001, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Anyone ever see "confessions of a sorority sister". . .I only saw parts of It, so I don't really know much about it. I think it takes place in the late 50's though
Old 07-01-2001, 02:10 AM

While I was working today (blockbuster)I came across a movie on the new release wall. We only had two copies so I guess it isn't a big title like Save The Last Dance or whatever. It's called "Defying Gravity" and what made me look at the coverbox was coz it said on the front "Some pledges are for keeps"..something like that so it made me think that it was a Greek movie.IT's a drama about a popular fraternity guy who is secretly gay and has a lover, and I guess his s.o. challenged him (Im not sure whether it was a challenge to go straight, or to reveal about their relationship) I haven't rented it yet but if I do ill let u guys know how it was.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jessiekinns Send a message via Yahoo to Jessiekinns
there is a new movie coming out i for get the name its a comedy with that girl from scary movie. she is a playboy model who gets kicked out and looks for a similar setting to the house and then ends up the house mom of a sorority and beautifies the sisters..............umm let me get the title....oh ok it's HOUSE BUNNY
Old 06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiekinns View Post
there is a new movie coming out i for get the name its a comedy with that girl from scary movie. she is a playboy model who gets kicked out and looks for a similar setting to the house and then ends up the house mom of a sorority and beautifies the sisters..............umm let me get the title....oh ok it's HOUSE BUNNY
Reading is fundamental: http://greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=95405

I'm pretty sure there are at least 2 other threads started about that damn movie.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:38 AM
GreekChat Member

legally blond is based on Kappa Kappa Gamma. Our chapter at U of T has a big Legally Blond poster in the basement.

ummm what else....i saw 2 sorority horror movies...one today actually on TV called "The Haunting of Fraternity Row" and some other one a few weeks ago that I am pretty sure was called "The One".

Other than that there is American Pie Beta House (which was filmed at our school) and has Eugene Levy in it and is pretty funny if you watch it as entertainment.

There's also a movie out that I saw a preview for with Amanda Bynes in it about a sorority called Sydney White.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:48 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE825 View Post
legally blond is based on Kappa Kappa Gamma. Our chapter at U of T has a big Legally Blond poster in the basement.
NO.

A huge poster in the basement does not mean the movie is based on your sorority. Sorry.

FWIW, I find it hard to believe Legally Blonde was based on ANY existing sorority despite what anyone says. Many clueless members claim that the movie's theirs, but no one's been able to actually prove it.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I remember watching a made-for-TV movie not too long ago called "The Initiation of Sarah". It was REALLY cheesy since the sororities had "supernatural" powers. ABC Family was playing it as a horror movie for the 13 Nights of Halloween.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piphiangel314 View Post
I remember watching a made-for-TV movie not too long ago called "The Initiation of Sarah". It was REALLY cheesy since the sororities had "supernatural" powers. ABC Family was playing it as a horror movie for the 13 Nights of Halloween.

Hey I think thats the one i saw that i thought was called "the One"....its like 2 sororities fighting over the one and they want to sacrifice her or something like that