GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 1,759
0 members and 1,759 guests
No Members online

Old 01-09-2007, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Dang, I hope the folks at Mercks or Pfizer or AstraZeneca never resort to your type of "Research".

Ok...for our sendoffs we smeared our senoirs in honey and left them in the woods for the bears, and then we went off cow-tipping.

Now that's a 100% reliable research answer, I promise.

FIND THE LIBRARY.
Why the hell would there be anything about senior sendoffs at the library??? She wanted to know about Greek traditions, so she came here and asked. She CLEARLY stated she looked already and didn't find anything. There are very few books about Panhellenic sororities...I should know, I've looked myself, and what she's looking for isn't really something people would write about in a book anyway cause it's not a big deal for most chapters. It was very logical of her to ask this here and she was nice about it, too. God, you're a bitch. Seriously...get a life.

Kellybear, honey, I'm sorry that certain people get their excitement in life from being rude to strangers over the internet. Luckily, most people are reasonable. Are you sure that "senior sendoffs" is really what you're looking for? You probably couldn't write a whole paper on that. Usually for chapters it's just a fun thing they do near to graduation at the end of every semester where the seniors write a will or they have a dinner or something similar. Others have given good examples. You could probably write a good paper on Greek recruitment! There's plenty of information there. For a basic rundown of how it works, you can go into the Recruitment forum here and poke around a bit, that's probably some of the best information you're going to easily find about it. Also I have sent you a PM, check your box.

Last edited by jessXIca; 01-09-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-09-2007, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessXIca View Post
Why the hell would there be anything about senior sendoffs at the library??? She wanted to know about Greek traditions, so she came here and asked. She CLEARLY stated she looked already and didn't find anything. There are very few books about Panhellenic sororities...I should know, I've looked myself, and what she's looking for isn't really something people would write about in a book anyway cause it's not a big deal for most chapters. It was very logical of her to ask this here and she was nice about it, too. God, you're a bitch. Seriously...get a life.
If it's not something you can find in a library (or other hardcopy media), and must resort to an internet messageboard to find information on, you probably should not be using it for a term paper topic. Reliable Internet sources, newspapers, magazines, etc are all fine to use on an academic paper...messageboards are not. I think I learned that about 5th grade.
And between the hours of 7-4 EST, I have no life - I'm at work.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

IF she was going to write about recruitment she could find THAT information in other sources, sendoffs not so much.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ok...so...work. At least be nice, come on.
You have so very much missed the point.

It went that way ->
Hurry up, you might still catch it.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ok...so...work. At least be nice, come on.

If you want people to be nice, then please refrain from saying "God, you're a bitch", etc. I've left it up because i'm betting Alphafrog probably thinks it's funny (Alphafrog, if you'd like it removed, just PM or hit the report button and i'll take care of it), but it sure ruins your argument.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post
If you want people to be nice, then please refrain from saying "God, you're a bitch", etc. I've left it up because i'm betting Alphafrog probably thinks it's funny (Alphafrog, if you'd like it removed, just PM or hit the report button and i'll take care of it), but it sure ruins your argument.
You're right. It's pretty damn entertaining. And I have no need of the report button.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Pot, meet kettle.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".