GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,501
0 members and 1,501 guests
No Members online

Old 05-29-2012, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePie2000 View Post
Quick question for your savvy NPC women: How can this person be eligible for Recruitment 2012? Doesn't she have to wait a FULL CALENDAR YEAR from when she renounced the group that she accepted the bid from? (i.e. the one that she dropped just before initiation) Assuming that she "stuck it out" for 6 weeks or so beyond bid acceptance day (or however long the pledge period lasts), is this even permissible?
Agree with all the previous posts, and it doesn't matter how long she stuck it out, it just matters when she received the bid. So a woman who signed her preference card and never showed up to bid day would be eligible at the same time that a woman who stuck it out until the day before initiation is (assuming both pledged in the same "season/semester/quarter").
Old 05-30-2012, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001
A little off-topic, but Ice Water Teas will be more than a little awkward when she visits her old chapter. I'd really hate to be the sister who has to host her that day!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAblondeGPhi View Post
Agree with all the previous posts, and it doesn't matter how long she stuck it out, it just matters when she received the bid. So a woman who signed her preference card and never showed up to bid day would be eligible at the same time that a woman who stuck it out until the day before initiation is (assuming both pledged in the same "season/semester/quarter").

To add to this, it isn't necessarily always a full calendar year if recruitment dates change. But if the PNM went thru formal fall recruitment last year,received a bid and did not see it thru to initiation, she would be eligible to re-rush when the school's formal fall recruitment rolls around next year.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Keep in mind that most SEC schools have an upperclass quota so she wouldn't be lumped in with the freshmen...which might help her. And I would mention that she had pledged last year and then offer some reason that you and she agree upon.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, just an update on this -- as of now, about three weeks before her school's recruitment starts, she has not contacted me or anyone I know to do her recs. Maybe she has reconsidered Greek Life and decided not to pursue it again. Maybe she went with a different group of rec-givers this year. Or, maybe she is waiting until the last minute. Time will tell, but so far I've been able to escape the "awkward rec."