GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 1,601
0 members and 1,601 guests
No Members online

Old 01-15-2019, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

My D's rho gam said she would only make calls if they didn't have a bid. My daughter hasn't reported anything. She was going to shower and try to get her homework out of the way to distract from the wait. She had a hard time sleeping last night. I am sure the waiting and anticipation is tough.

I followed and then sent a message to the kid who did the live tweeting last year Ha! He has not responded...probably thinks I am some nut. I have an appointment during bid reveal time that I cant change, so I won't know till its over anyways.

Good luck to all the kiddos!

Last edited by clayton117; 01-15-2019 at 06:13 PM. Reason: typo!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-15-2019, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I had to creep over to the FB page and read. I felt like saying your daughter didn't get a bid because she didn't maximize her options. My youngest was not happy with her pref list last year but she stuck through it and still considered dropping for a while because she had a preconceived notion of her chapter. After she FINALLY gave them a chance she loves her house and is happy they gave her a chance. She had her heart set on her Legacy house but in hindsight everything worked out perfect because they have different personalities. She has friends in various Sororities so goes to all their events and they come to hers. One of her good friends that she met at orientation didn't rush and they are still super close and also attends the various events. My older daughters chapter was considered a higher tier but had a very low retention rate by graduation. I believe there were 12 left from her PC. She was also a Rho Gam and still has great connections with some of those girls. Fast forward to now oldest is 2nd year Med School and tiers have no bearing on her life.
I guess the moral of my rambling is that their experience is what they choose to make it. I will be excitedly sitting on the sidelines tonight cheering on your daughters. Cheers!!
Old 01-15-2019, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I crept over there as well and had the same feeling that you did. My D just texted and said quota was set at 59, so that’s higher than last year. If she heard that right then quota additions would take some pledge classes into the 60’s. That’s a pretty big jump for IU.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes I agree that's huge.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

If you follow IDS News on Instagram, they state they are going to be following the bid night. The said starting at 8 pm.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

If you have snapchat you can go to snap map and pull it up once they start posting it to their stories
Old 01-15-2019, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Sooo exciting! Can’t wait til those texts and snaps start coming in from the tennis center �� as rough as this process was for me last year (and my daughter), bid day made it all worth it!
Old 01-15-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekOne View Post
Yes, the calls have been coming. There is an active thread on the IU parents FB page about recruitment. Several people commented this afternoon that their D's got the call. It appears these were due to SIP.
I don't necessarily think that SIP-ing is wrong.

If you know you are going to decline/no show your bid day if your bid doesn't read XYZ, it's sometimes for the best.

But I also don't think that PNMs know how matching works to know what the odds are of getting your #1 choice that you SIPed.

If you do, you need to be at least 90% sure that you are someone this chapter wants. Most of the time, you aren't. Or at least not someone they "first bid list" want.

A lot of SIP girls overestimate their desirability in a chapter's eyes.

The most desirable chapters are GOOD at making people feel at home, too. Which feeds into the "omg I am going to SIP because I have to be one." Not realizing that yes, they like you but they probably don't BID DAY like you.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH View Post
If you follow IDS News on Instagram, they state they are going to be following the bid night. The said starting at 8 pm.
Seeing it on their story. Wish they could post longer video . Nothing on twitter, but there have been a few snap stories! A live feed of this would be much better the the TV options tonight!
Old 01-15-2019, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Hoping there are happy endings for many girls tonight. Being in a sorority is a lifelong opportunity of growing as a person! A blessing for anyone! Enjoy the ride!
Old 01-15-2019, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganM View Post
Seeing it on their story. Wish they could post longer video . Nothing on twitter, but there have been a few snap stories! A live feed of this would be much better the the TV options tonight!
Agree. The very first picture from last year on the story, the one in the middle is my d’s Best friend. Funny to see her pop up in the story.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

All three of my chapter sisters with IU PNMs are now proud moms of new Sigma Kappas!
Old 01-15-2019, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Well I have to say I am glad that is finally over!

. My D got her first choice, that was one of her favorites all along, from before arriving at IU (though she developed some other chapter crushes during rush)...
She is now a proud pledge of AEPhi!

She listened to herself and trusted the process and it all worked out. I think she will be very happy there.

Many thanks for all the great advice and insight into this process! it was very helpful and comforting!

PS
And in the spirit of the other dramas and bigger subjects that came up in this thread due to the C and D, I did go look on IU student life page at the disciplinary lists for chapters, which cover at least a year, and AEPhi does not appear on there Nor did the other chapter that she took to pref...so that was comforting!
Old 01-15-2019, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
All three of my chapter sisters with IU PNMs are now proud moms of new Sigma Kappas!
That's awesome!
Old 01-15-2019, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton117 View Post
Well I have to say I am glad that is finally over!

. My D got her first choice, that was one of her favorites all along, from before arriving at IU (though she developed some other chapter crushes during rush)...
She is now a proud pledge of AEPhi!

She listened to herself and trusted the process and it all worked out. I think she will be very happy there.

Many thanks for all the great advice and insight into this process! it was very helpful and comforting!

PS
And in the spirit of the other dramas and bigger subjects that came up in this thread due to the C and D, I did go look on IU student life page at the disciplinary lists for chapters, which cover at least a year, and AEPhi does not appear on there Nor did the other chapter that she took to pref...so that was comforting!
Congratulations!!