GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,162
3 members and 2,159 guests
No Members online

Old 04-02-2003, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
i want to crawl under a table and die

so every day at work my friend the IT guy and i email back and forth whatever, well today he sent me a funny attachment in the email and not thinking about it, i forwarded it to a bunch of people..one of them is my best friend who whenever we go out, he pays for everything..we were gonna go to Atlantic City this weekend, and he of course would pay for everything (note: best friend, not boyfriend..he just does very well for himself, and likes to share the wealth..but thats besides the point) so jokingly i said somethign to the effect in of the emails to the IT guy "lets be honest here, its not like he'd let me pay for anything anyway"..then later in another response i started bitching about my friend who is constantly sending me crappy forwards, mostly emails about the kids who are lost and email hoaxes, all stuff thats crap and if you took the time to look on snopes you would know this.. so what did i do?

thats right..along with the funny forward..i forwarded along OUR ENTIRE EMAIL CONVERSATION FOR THE DAY..thats right..conversation about my best friend paying for everyhting..the conversation about how crazy it makes me that my friend is constantly sending me the forwards, etc..

i don't know, i guess its not that bad..i decided to send her an email with the subject "DO NOT OPEN THE OTHER EMAIL I SENT YOU" and told her to delete it cuz it may have a virus, lol..

but i guess i don't feel too bad cuz this morning i already told her about snopes and that i always check viruses and stuf fhere before i forward them along in case they are a hoax..i just feel like such a jackass
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-02-2003, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I did something like that a few years ago. I meant to send out some lewd jokes on a forward to our fraternity listserv, but accidently clicked on the adress next to it which sent it out to my parents, sister, grandparents and pastor. Whoops!
Old 04-02-2003, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
an old roomate of mine set an email to her mom talking about this guy she had been dating on and off being quite sarcastic and saying how it was so obvious that he liked her but just couldn't admit his feelings, and she went on and on about this. when she sent it she accidentely copied one of our other roomates and HIM on it. she had to then come up with some excuse of why she said all the stuff she had said about him in the email.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I hate when I accidently do stuff like that
Old 04-02-2003, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Email is the devil
Old 04-02-2003, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by agger_rob
Email is the devil
yes it is....
Old 04-02-2003, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I have done that ONE time and ONE time only! It will NEVER happen again. I always triple check who I'm sending it to before I send it.

Last week the office manager sent an IM to our secretary and it was supposed to go to me!! She had to cover her ass real quick and make up some big ass story to explain the IM.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:36 PM

It could be worse...you have been that girl in England who had a sexually explicit emailed forwarded around the world, or that lady in NYC who had an email forwarded everywhere... if I can re-find the stories, I will post the links.

And yes, email is the Devil.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
damage control

okay, so i managed to do some damage control..i'm a terrible friend, and pretty much i'm going to hell..but i avoided a bad situation...

right after i posted here, i emailed my friend with the subject "do not open the last email i sent you" and wrote in the email "don't open the email i sent you, it may have a virus..delete it immediately"(i said i'm going to hell, didn't i?)

so she emails me back asking which email blah blah blah, and that she already opened it..but deleted it..and asked me why i thought it had a virus..so i told her that someone else i sent it to had outlook crash when they opened it, so it may have been a virus, i scanned my computer and didn't find anything, but i waws doing it justto be safe..so she emailed me back and thanked me for letting her know..

i'm a terrible person, i know.. but shes still sending me these crappy forwards! owell..i guess ill suffer in silence from now on

note to self..check all emails/forwards before i send them out
Old 04-02-2003, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh Kate! I'm sorry! That DOES suck!

But hey it could be worse. I had this huge email fight with this guy that was trying to break up my friend and her fiancee (he was friends with her fiancee). We both said stuff and confronted each other on stuff and to make a long story short he started forwarding MY IM conversations and replies via email to both her and him. So for three months my friend and I were not friends until I finally decided to be the bigger person. Yeah, lesson well learned!