GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,494
0 members and 2,494 guests
No Members online

Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Anyone an energy drink rep?

My fraternity is about to sign a contract with an energy drink. We are going to be compensated $100 a month as long as we send them a report and pictures on our efforts of promoting the drink. Anyone else doing so for the fraternity/sorority?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briskx View Post
My fraternity is about to sign a contract with an energy drink. We are going to be compensated $100 a month as long as we send them a report and pictures on our efforts of promoting the drink. Anyone else doing so for the fraternity/sorority?
When I was an undergrad, my chapter (and several others in our region) did this. It was a ridiculously easy way to make money. We pretty much took the energy drinks to events on campus (where students would be anyway) and took pictures.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

What energy drinks company did you find to sponsor you? It seems like Monster sponsors a lot of fraternities, but they already sponsor one on our campus so I would like to try for a different one.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter has been looking into this as well. I think the reason most people go with Monster is because they have better benefits. From what I understand (not the gospel truth just what I remember from our fundraising chair) Monster actually pays you for just taking pictures with their sign at parties and events where Red Bull pretty much just gives you free Red Bulls and brings the Red Bull car to parties and hands out free drinks. That's just the two we looked into but maybe some others have comparable benefits.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah we are about to go on board with Monster. Im just confused with one of the papers we have to fill out because their asking me for my bank account number which I find odd.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briskx View Post
Yeah we are about to go on board with Monster. Im just confused with one of the papers we have to fill out because their asking me for my bank account number which I find odd.
It is odd. Just tell them your funds are handled in a university account and that you can't give them a number.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey, I have been looking to sign up for a sponsorship too for my fraternity. How do you get that started? With Monster?
Old 07-17-2009, 12:21 AM

I just saw the Purple Dragon ep of Degrassi. LOL
Old 07-17-2009, 04:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't do SPIKE energy drink!! They came around on my campus giving out a ton of free cans to each of the Greek houses. It does make you really hyper and awake but also has way bad effects. A lot of girls started shaking, like their hands were shaking uncontrollable. Also its says on the can don't drink more then half in 2 hours, and don't drink more than one can a day. It is also the only energy drink out there that isn't FDA approved, google it- TONS of stuff comes up about how bad this drink is for you. This drink just scares me now if anything.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Wanna hear sumthing f'd up I tried getting the sponser from Redbull and the marketing directer was down so he referred me to the student brand manager at my university, the new brand manager is in a different fraternity. If you can give me any info with Monster that woudl be greatly appreciated lol
Old 08-24-2009, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

You know that's a great idea, getting paid for something that we would be using anyways, thanks!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

My fraternity, Alpha Sigma Phi Delta Beta, NMU has a sponsorship with Monster Energy. The sponsorship has helped us in so many ways it truly has made our name stick on campus with ordinary students. If interested in signing i would say DO IT for sure, also red bull does something along the same lines visit. redbullu.com for info.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantal View Post
You know that's a great idea, getting paid for something that we would be using anyways, thanks!
Exactly. We were promoting a small company making "Stead's" energy drink and it was a blast.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I know this is a tad off topic, but I was at a Phillies game the other day and they were giving out Venom energy drinks - I think it's new. You had to PROVE that you were 18 to get one though...very odd.

Maybe since they seem to be new and trying to promote their product, you could look into something with them? I don't know much, so take what I say with a grain of salt

ps. To 33girl - ohhh Degrassi. I remember that episode. The good ol' days, before Jimmy was Drake, the famous rapper ???

"If you find the girls that love the you, you love..well then that's just fAbulΦus."
Old 08-27-2009, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WinniBug
wow
lots of single-digits posts posters in here
(couldn't think of how else to word it...lol)
wherever there is fun, there's ALWAYS ALPHA SIGMA!